Red days

I alternate my days for variety but tend not to eat too much pasta as I find that I get bloated as well. I also have Mix2Max days too, where I will have red for brekkie, green for lunch and red for dinner and during the day I snack on fruit and veg sticks and also free on both vegetable soup.

wow well done 7lbs is great i find i lose more on red days and luuurve meat so do tend to have more red then green however i do try to have a variety so as to not start eating the same things constantly and becoming bored its just finding what works best for you :) x

i really want to try do some red days cause im guessing u lose weight cuz u cut out the carbs??? but i dont think i can work it around my diabetes :confused:

i really want to try do some red days cause im guessing u lose weight cuz u cut out the carbs??? but i dont think i can work it around my diabetes :confused:

My sister is a type 1 diabetic and she was fine on red days. She got any sugar she needed from fruit. It actually helped her Diabetes as she is usually high rather than low. The only thing you need to be mindful of is to always have some fruit with you in case you go low.

really?? how does she manage with insulin?? cause i think having no carb wont stable my insulin out.:confused: thats great to hear tho. might have to try it knowing i can now:)

my consultant is diabetic, although i think it's type 2. she was on medication for it, but lost 10 stone on SW and controls her diabetes through her diet, no longer needing any medication whatsoever. :)

thats brilliant i have heard afew stories like that they must feel so much healthier. although type 1 diabetics will always need insulin unfortunatly:(

my dad has type 2 diabetes and has been told losing weight and cutting out white bread, sugar, etc. will help his health alot. his GP recommended SW to control his diabetes.

eating things like pasta and using b choices on wholemeal bread, ryvita, cereals, etc. would help as they would be classed as slow release carbs which keep your blood sugar levels steady. i'm not diabetic, but i use these foods to control cravings for sugary foods and it works :)

eating things like pasta and using b choices on wholemeal bread, ryvita, cereals, etc. would help as they would be classed as slow release carbs which keep your blood sugar levels steady. i'm not diabetic, but i use these foods to control cravings for sugary foods and it works :)

do you mean if i were to try and do a red day using them as healthy extras??

do you mean if i were to try and do a red day using them as healthy extras??

oh i don't know. i only do green days, so i'm talking from a green day point of view. i'm a vegetarian so i'm not very clued up on red days, except if you have pasta as a b choice it has to be wholemeal :)

Back