Red/Green experts help!

its not so complicated but does take some figguring out. I switched from EE to red/green as EE wasnt very "easy" for me. basically you have an extra a and b choice....so 2 x a's and 2x b's. that feels like such a treat after doing EE !!

for example, cereal and milk plus fruit for brekkie.

yoghurt and fruit for snack

jacket potato and beans for lunch/salad

mid afternoon 2 slices brown bread and 28g cheese or more of the low fat stuff, salad if you want or make it cheese on toast!

then pasta and quorn or pasta and veg in a sauce later! thats an example of a green day with no syns...

You could have SW chips with your steak, you just have to ensure that you limit your potatos and have it as either a HEB or syn them.

xx

People do saw that red days are better for weightloss (I'm veggie so have never done any), but 2 years ago i lost 2st in 2 months just on green days. Take your pick really!

But yes, you do get the extra HEa and b which come in handy!

Having 2 HE As and Bs is fantastic, but always harder I think at tea time when you can't have rice with chilli/curry for example. Why not give it a try?

I've lost 6st 10lbs doing only green days. Never had a problem shifting the last few pounds, the only problem I have is trying not to lose more weight! lol never done EE or red days so I can't compare but why don't you give green a try for a week or two and then the same for red? Then you can see yourself which works best for you :)

yeah you can syn your chips hun!! smaller portions mind but still there to nom nom nom. you just need to try it and get a feel for it, i have had my second hex b already with toast and boiled eggs but i still have my other hex a to nom ! the other hexb could have been ryvita or alpen lights or brown roll, another bowl of cereal etc etc if i start a red day and have pasta i just use that as my hex b

I think it depends on the individual as every bodies body is different so its all a matter or working out what suits you best.

I generally do a mixture of all three plans during the week just to mix things up a bit

Don't forget that if you did a red day, you could have a small portion of steak with a massive pile of SW chips.

Hi all can I jump in and ask a quick question? I have been doing EE for the past 3 months but my weightloss has been a bit slow so I decided to mix things up a bit. Been doing Green for the past 3 days, so far so good. If I am doing green and red, does the 1/3 superfree rule have to be followed or is it just for EE?

Hi all can I jump in and ask a quick question? I have been doing EE for the past 3 months but my weightloss has been a bit slow so I decided to mix things up a bit. Been doing Green for the past 3 days, so far so good. If I am doing green and red, does the 1/3 superfree rule have to be followed or is it just for EE?

It is not essential but still recommended as it will improve your losses and the superfree foods are an essential part of a healthy diet

It is not essential but still recommended as it will improve your losses and the superfree foods are an essential part of a healthy diet

Thanks hun. I still have the superfree but not as much as on EE.

I find I always eat MILES more SF when doing red days particularly... I tend to have a decent hunk of meat but then LOADS of different veggies!

thats just for EE - no need to worry on red/green!

Saying that, I do tend to love my roast dinners on a red day and I do have a heap of veg, I change them frequently and have a few different types on my plate to keep me interested!!

I'm having a red day today so for dinner I'm having:
roast gammon joint
mange tout
carrots
runner beans
cauliflower
all free, but I will do a colmans cheese sauce (8syns, but enough for 4people) over my cauliflower......yum!!

I wont be having any spuds as I've used my HEXBs on bread and alpen light bars today

Good luck trying red/green - theres plenty of diarys to take a peak at to get ideas! x

Stackhead said:
You could have SW chips with your steak, you just have to ensure that you limit your potatos and have it as either a HEB or syn them.

xx

You can only have potatoes as a HE B on a red day as long as you eat the skin, no skin and you have to syn!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back