Red or green

I've tried red and EE and found no difference so stuck to EE as I find theres more freedom give them both a go and see what suits you!!

Don't think there's much harm in asking the same question either :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I followed (to the letter or so i think) Extra Easy for 4 months and only lost 12lbs max. Then got sts's and then the same lb or a 1/2 on and off for weeks and weeks.Very very disheartening and exasperating. Did food diaries and Class manager could see nothing wrong. Tried express and only lost 1lb.
Gave up several weeks after that. Came back one week before Xmas. Having put on 7lbs. Lost 1lb over Xmas and New Year. 1/2 lb each week. Got another 2-3 off and then the usual me...... STS 's etc.etc.
So bit the bullet and changed to Red.Again lost 2lbs and back to STS and 1/2 on and off. And that is only 3 weeks on RED.
Bottom line is I am a very very slow and stubborn loser.I just have to dig in and get on with it.
Red is harder but makes more sense "diet wise" in a weight loss way to me.
My plan is to stick with Red as I feel I may have an addiction to Carbs.After I have get well under my 1st stone loss I will look at changing the plan again maybe.

I have to say Extra Easy gets a lot of publicity and Red seems to be not followed as much. Though I know lots find Extra Easy works well for them.
Good Luck.

This is an internet forum; its rules aren't actually holding the fabric of the universe together. The planet is unlikely to implode if someone starts another thread about a previously asked question. Let's get this into perspective.
Oh, and in reply to the original question, I only do Green days and lose every week.

lardylady said:
This is an internet forum, its rules aren't actually holding the fabric of the universe together. The planet is unlikely to implode if someone starts another thread about a previously asked question. Let's get this into perspective.

It's courtesy to respect the forum rules tho? Isn't it?

Yes, it is, but if you are new to the site and haven't familiarised yourself with all of those rules, then I don't think it's a problem.

lardylady said:
Yes, it is, but if you are new to the site and haven't familiarised yourself with all of those rules, then I don't think it's a problem.

But this is precisely why the mods have created several newbie threads to assist them, and also why the regular members post links to guide them in the right direction. It's all part of the support this forum offers :)

Peace people! In the great scheme of things does it really matter?

I started years ago :eek: when red and green ruled. I did green, I lost better than I ever had before! Got complaisant! Tried red and lost fast, but got VERY bunged up. Gave up.Tried EE lost fast. So all the variants work, it's horses for courses.

Now for those who say Green and EE don't work, just because it says you can eat as much as you want, no you can't. Portion size is important. It's very easy on green to eat vast amounts of pasta,EE to eat red/green HUGE portions and you won't lose weight! If you have 5 bananas a day you probably won't lose weight either. It's about eating just enough to satisfy your HUNGER NOT YOUR APPETITE! Lecture over :p

Peace people! In the great scheme of things does it really matter?

I started years ago :eek: when red and green ruled. I did green, I lost better than I ever had before! Got complaisant! Tried red and lost fast, but got VERY bunged up. Gave up.Tried EE lost fast. So all the variants work, it's horses for courses.

Now for those who say Green and EE don't work, just because it says you can eat as much as you want, no you can't. Portion size is important. It's very easy on green to eat vast amounts of pasta,EE to eat red/green HUGE portions and you won't lose weight! If you have 5 bananas a day you probably won't lose weight either. It's about eating just enough to satisfy your HUNGER NOT YOUR APPETITE! Lecture over :p

Quite agree on all this. All the plans work but different ones suit different people. I have tried them all and to ne honest, I still prefer EE.

As for the portion control - it IS important - I eat til I am full, end of x

Back