Red thai curry/soup and coconut milk

sparklysunbeam

Can anyone advise me on the pps for coconut milk please? Reduced fat or otherwise. Also, anyone got any good low pp recipes for thai curries and soups? I love sweet potato and coconut soup but not sure how to make it healthy- would it be worth using pumpkin instead of sweet potato do you think?

Thanks in advance

Hi don't know if you have seen this already but thought I'd post it for you incase you haven't, it's from another member a couple of posts up from yours

Attachments

• image-4192680791.jpg
    image-4192680791.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 289
thank you :) that was me, I decided to just give it a go :)

I made nice Red Thai soup yesterday-0 points!! I didn't put coconut milk in it simply because I like to have a steady stream of 0 points soup at hand if I'm hungry. This is what I used:

1 butternut squash, deseeded, sliced in half-I like to keep the skin on because once blended, you don't taste it. Jamie Oliver recommends it too!!
2-3 red onions, paper on and sliced in half
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced in half
1 1/2tbsps red Thai curry paste

Turn oven on to hottest temp-place onions and peppers sliced side down and butternut squash sliced sides up. Roast for approx 45 mins.
Once done, be careful as food is really hot, gently squeeze onions out their paper skins into a large soup pan, roughly chop squash and peppers and also fire into pan. Add Thai paste and approx 1.5L of boiling water. I use my hand blender at this point and blitz the lot. Simmer for 10 mins and garnish with coriander.

The Thai flavour is very subtle but lovely. I wouldn't put any more in or it will kill the flavours of the veg. Oh, and season to taste! I love salt(bad I know) but it needs it.

Tracy831 said:
I am going to try this version, as i hate peeling squash!!!
It does sound very tasty though :)

I had it tonight-it is scrummy! Even if I may say so myself!! Totally agree about peeling squash-utter purgatory. I usually end up skinning my fingers too!!

Back