Reddress diary

Have seized up on the settee after a body pump class then a spin class straight after-----i am going to feel it tomorrow

B granola/yog /berries (9)
s 2 plums/6 almonds (5)
L crudites/Hommous/fruitus bar (7)
D 2 eggs on rye (10)
s apple/nuts/fruitus bar (10)--starving an hour after the gym, so must save extra gls after exercise

Wow Reddress! Body pump and spin class one after the other!?! You're amazing!!! Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to us all to exercise more :)

Food is looking good too, don't forget because you're doing alot of exercise, you are allowed to eat more. Even according to Holford's books depending to how much exericse you do can eat 5-20 GL points more in a day:)

Thanks for the praise although I am 'stiff as a board' today have just stretched off ....
Am detoxing off the tea ...had two cups today, been drinking the redbush ..so pleased with myself,
B granola/yog/blueberries
s apple/almonds
l crudites/hummous/fruitus
D 1x faijta salad
s 2 sq choc /hazelnuts --

I really like rooibos teas now, and they come in different flavors too. Really yummy :) I usually do a lot of yoga or stretches to help get rid of the stiffness :)

Thanks Cali--yes I did a class on friday called spirals which is a mix of ballet, pilates and yoga --and she started us on a new programme which included Down Dog---gosh that is hard.....

Well on friday got a Dine in for 2 for a treat .....started good with a fish dish and veg ....but was followed by a chocolate desert and all washed down with two glasses of wine....OK that was my 80/20
but then Saturday started good

B 2 poached eggs on toast
L Home made butternut squash, lentil and coconut soup
then out shopping and stopped off for a cuppa...and made the best choice I could from a row of cakes ...a flapjack...not so good
then off to our work do a Kaylee with hot pork rolls....intended to ask for just the pork ...but ate the bread.............so forced myself to spin class this morning...damage limitation

B : I bread/peanut butter
L :One bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes
S :2 sq chocolate
D plan a lamb curry

Downward facing dog, isn't as easy as it looks when you're new to yoga. I remember when I first did yoga, and did downward facing dog, I thought "omg how long are we going to hold this pose for?"

Food looks good, and I think your weekend naughties were much better than mine. So no worries, it's a new day, and it's a new start!

Not a bad day

b yog/granola/blueberries (9)
s Nakd bar
l Hommus/carrot sticks/3 oatcakes (10)
d chicken chasseur/apple - (9)
s peanut butter/burgen bread (10)

went to circuit training tonight --ready for bed :sigh:

Don't beat yourself up. Sometimes it's not possible to make good choices. So just go with it and enjoy. You are really doing very well.

I like the sound of your butternut squash and coconut soup. I think I'll try that when I next get a squash in my veggie box.

You seem to have got the 80/20 rule :)

yes the soup was fab ...from the BBC receipe website

B Granola/yog/ blueberries
s Nakd Bar
L chicken wrap / fruit salad ( Best choice of lunch on offer) (15)
d (early ) 2 eggs/i slice burgen bread before total tone (aerobic weights class)
s Hummous /oatcakes (8)

My night off from the gym, tonight --

B - One burgen bread peanut butter
s -Fruitus bar
L - Lentil/lemon soup from PH Bible was delicious 2 oatcakes/2 plums
D - chicken & salad (and a very small tiffin slice )
S - probably an apple and seeds

Mmmm chicken salad :). It's good to take a day off from the gym to let the body recover:) Keep up the great work!

Ladies ..gotta to go ...am supporting a friend who wants to start ww...so agreed to give it a go for a couple of months ....I am hoping that i can carry on our principles as our is great healthy food and will hate to be drawn into buying low fat processed foods ...and knowing how I hate counting ....but going to give it a go ..........but i'll drop in to catch up and get my ideas ..wish me luck as I enter the lions den!!!!

All the best for WW! Nothing to stop you using your points on low GI/GL choices. :) also I think most of the foods that are free in their simply filling plan will be good options. :) Good luck!

Before you go do you mind giving a link for the squash/coconut soup? Sounds delish but I searched and couldn't find it! Thank you! :D

Hi Plumfoodie...heres the link Roast butternut squash, coconut & chilli soup |

it was delicious and freezes well ...a bit like eating a thai curry in a bowl of soup.

Anyway guess what ..weighed in and suprised to find I had lost weight ...so PH GL working ...and started counting points and its gonna be hard to fit in my nuts and coconut milk :-( i'll keep in touch

Awwww we'll miss you Reddress! Good luck in WW, I'm sure you'll be able to use low GL ideas there:) It's always nice to diet or exercise with a buddy, it's a great push:)

Back