Red's CWP Diary

RedHarri

I started CWP yesterday and am doing Step 1 Sole Source. I've decided to start my own diary here as I am in this for the long haul and want to be able to look back when I'm struggling and see how far I've come.

So, my name is Red and I'm a junk food addict. Nice to meet you.

I've been denying for a while that my diet and lifestyle are doing my health damage, but that little voice in the back of my head has been getting louder over the last few months. I can no longer ignore the expanding waistline and road I was on was leading to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and so on... Hey, I don't need to tell you, we're all aware here. I'm now listening and making some changes.

Yesterday I ate maple and pecan porridge for breakfast, a spicy tomato soup for lunch and a strawberry carton for dinner. I think I drank all of the water I was supposed to, but I didn't count.

Today I ate apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, a vegetable soup for lunch and a chocolate carton for dinner. I drank water like it was going out of fashion, definitely all I was supposed to. I've also enjoyed some black coffee with 1 sweetex and some green tea.

My weigh-in is on Monday evening and I WILL NOT stand on the scales until then. My consultant has been brilliant sending me little motivational texts and I feel we're going to get along, which I'm sure will help me on my journey.

I've only had a vague headache so far, no hunger pangs which is what I'm dreading. I have a strange taste in my mouth today, but not coppery so I'm wondering if my ketosis has started?

Stolen Motivation of the Day: I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday :)
(Stolen because I can never think of things like this myself, but my chosen search engine has loads!)

Day 3

Stuck to plan today, I think I'm definitely in ketosis now. Had an apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast which I really like, although maple and pecan is my favourite. I tried the oriental chilli soup today and was quite surprised. It had a few lumpy bits in which made it feel more substantial, and definitely an improvement on the spicy tomato soup, which tastes like no tomato soup I have ever eaten!

When I got in from work I had a walk around the local park with the other half. He took a chicken pasta salad and I took my strawberry carton and water bottle. We did two and a half hours and I did feel a bit dizzy half way through but it soon passed. Hopefully it will all help for a good first loss on Monday.

It did remind me of the first sunny day we had this year, about a month ago. I was having a shopping day with my sister and so excited because I don't get to see her often and the sun was out. I dug out a maxi dress and put it on for the day with some flip-flops to be comfortable because I knew we'd be trawling the shops all day. I ended up coming home early and almost crying in pain because my thighs had been rubbing together and it was almost like a burn on each side. I don't want to be a size 16 anymore!

Anyway, it's all helping to spur me on, and leggings are fine until my thighs shrink a bit :)

Stolen Motivation of the Day: Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog :doggy:

Hi red your doing really well I'm going to keep reading your diary! If u fancy a buddy let me know as its always helpful :)

Keep up the good work xx

Hi Hayley, thank you! It's nice to come here and be amongst like minded people. Sometimes it gets a bit lonely when everyone else is eating real food!
Keep up the good work too! We WILL reach our goals x

Day 4

Woohoo it's Friday! Stuck to plan today with a yummy maple and pecan porridge for breakfast, a potato and leek soup for lunch, and I'm enjoying a chocolate carton between typing. I've had my water and some green tea and a few coffees too!

So, I need a plan to beat the weekend munchies. It's much easier when you're at work all day to stick to something than it is at the weekend when you can get up to your own mischief. I used to wander into the kitchen and just open the fridge or cupboards. This is NOT hunger, its boredom. My other half would also tell me off when he found bite marks in the cheddar... I swear I was a mouse in a past life.

Without cheese, I have made up another list of things I'm going to do if I feel like wandering into the kitchen this or any following weekends:
  • Give myself a pedicure and paint my toenails.
  • Give myself a manicure and paint my fingernails.
  • Take a bubble bath and fully moisturise when dry.
  • Walk around the park and take some nature photos. (We have a new shop nearby that does the canvas print thing and my hallway needs brightening up)
  • Paint the ceiling in the bedroom, and the walls...?
  • Download some new music.

Stolen Motivation of the Day: If it is important to you, you will find a way... If not, you'll find an excuse :eatdrink051:

Your list is a great idea!! It really is all about distraction and taking your mind off food!!
It's got easier for me like I'm used to doing it now I'm on week 3 I'm trying to have a 100% week this week No picking at food and so far so good I want a big loss Wednesday :)

Your motivational thoughts help too xx

Day 5

Today has been apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, spicy tomato soup for lunch and a strawberry carton for dinner.

I've painted my toenails, epilated my legs, put on some "summer glow" moisturiser, done all of the housework, visited the mother for a green tea and squeezed in a trip to the local shops as I was running low on fabric conditioner. Quite a productive day! I've got all my painting gear ready for tomorrow and I'm going to tackle the bedroom. Once I've finished painting and cleaned up I can do my mini manicure :)

I've been thinking a lot today about mind-set. I had this little thought slip into my head last night after I'd done my diary post, ":censored:it, shall I order a takeaway?". I was so shocked that I even thought it because I am so determined and I wasn't even hungry! I think maybe the problem might instead be self-belief, self-esteem, self-worth... whatever it's called I know I don't have much of it at the moment. It's almost impossible to believe I will be a size 10 again after being a chubster for so long. I need to work on that, so I apologise in advance for the essay type Stolen Motivation of the Day but I feel it is a necessity today.

Stolen Motivation of the Day: You're right. It's easier to eat pizza than to run on the treadmill.
It's easier to turn to ice cream rather than people for support.
It's easier to say, ":censored: it, I give up" than to say, ":censored: this, I can do it".
So you know what? I'm not going to sit here and tell you day after day you can do this. If you don't believe you can, then you can't. That's the honest truth. You need to do this for you, and if you don't want it enough then you sure as hell won't achieve it. So take the easy way out and remain unhealthy and continue to gain weight because you can't realize you are the only one hurting yourself.
I didn't say it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.

Day 6

Well today I've had maple and pecan porridge for breakfast, chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and a chocolate carton for dinner. I painted the ceiling and did my errands...

Then I had a slight disagreement with the other half, or he p'd me off in other words, and what's the first thing I usually do when I'm p'd off and want to make myself feel better? Oh yeah, I eat. A lot.

So, I got a chicken salad out of the fridge (his lunch for tomorrow) and I put it on the windowsill by my sofa, and I looked at it.
Then I texted my CWPC and told her I was having a moment of weakness. She texted back that I would be an idiot if I ate before weigh day and to think of how I will feel tomorrow when I step on the scales. I haven't stood on them all week!
So, with the most willpower that I don't even know where the eff it came from, the chicken salad is back in the fridge and I am drinking a black coffee with a winners smile on my face. But eff me was that hard!

And typing it out on here has made me feel better too.

Stolen Motivation of the Day: Junk food you've craved for an hour or the body you've craved for a lifetime? Your decision... :hmm:

Big well done red :D you'll feel amazing when you step on the scales tomorro!!
Your motivators are very insightful Hun xx
Hope u make it up with bf

Hi Red and brilliant job of the diary and week one!

I hope your weigh in goes well, and you have a fabby well deserved big loss. I love your motivational bits - just perfect thoughts and sayings. And so well done on avoiding the chicken salad temptation - superb willpower :)

Do update tomorrow,

Xx

Hi Hayley, I was hoping you'd be here! Thank you it does mean a lot to me, and I will make up with him, just not eating real food for 6 days has made me a tad touchy!
How are you doing today? I've just been reading some other diaries for inspiration. I can see this website becoming my homepage! (And Google has held that crown for about a decade!) xx

This site is soo addictive!! But soo helpful!! It's great to come somewhere where people understand where your coming from and how your feeling!!
I have a food addiction but I'm fighting it on this diet and am changing the way I feel about food and myself! It's a very therapeutic diet I find!
I am finding myself wanting to do exercise now so am going to wean myself into it by walking then will get back to the gym!

I'm good hun how are u?
When do you find your hardest times are? Xx

Day 7

Today was apple and cinnamon porridge, oriental chilli soup and a strawberry carton.
My CWPC has been over to weigh me and...

I've lost 10lb! :scale:

Can't stay long as the other half is hogging the laptop. I'm so happy!! :woohoo:

Stolen Motivation of the Day: The difference between your body this week and next week is what you do for the next seven days to achieve your goals :innocent0002:

Week 2 - Day 1

Today I had my favourite maple and pecan porridge, a vegetable soup for the first time which I enjoyed and a yummy chocolate carton for dinner.

After work I had a 2 hour driving lesson and it didn't go too well. :character00182:I felt my concentration wasn't quite on peak, and I made a few silly, but thankfully not dangerous mistakes (trying to pull away in 3rd gear anyone?). I only did some parallel parking last week as I told my instructor I was feeling a bit lightheaded and didn't feel confident enough to go driving around. I'm a bit worried as I have my test on the 25th July. Will my concentration improve? Or maybe I should move my lesson to a Saturday morning when I haven't been at work all day...

I'm still so pleased that I lost 10lb in my first week and definitely doing my happy dance that I left the chicken alone on Sunday evening. :stickdance:

I've read on another thread here that I'm allowed to use a pinch of Schwartz Garlic Granules (Not the salt or puree or cloves). I'm going to confirm with my CWPC but if anyone else can confirm or deny that would be helpful. I need something for that spicy tomato soup and I do miss the garlic.

Stolen Motivation of the Day: I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again :peep:

Back