Red's CWP Diary

Hi Red - wow learning to drive too! Good for you and don't worry about the concentration thing. My week 2 was a bit like that, with the odd dizzy moment but I found that a really good drink of water set things straight. This week I seem to be more switched on, and am feeling really strong! Good luck with the driving and the preparation for the test. You will be fine I'm sure :)

Hope you have a great day xx

I'm sure u can use them but not 100% sure.

Ooh Goodluck with your driving test :D life will be sooo much more easier when u have a car :)
Well done on a good day again I can see a big loss for you tonight your doing fab!!

Do u find the cartons fill you up as much as the powdered? X

Week 2 - Day 2

Hayley and Cupcake, :thankyou: your messages always make me smile!

I haven't drunk as much water as I usually do over the past few days so you're probably right about that Cupcake. I'll keep myself topped up from now on and hopefully that will help my concentration.

I checked with my CWPC about the garlic granules and she said definitely not. Not even a sprinkle of black pepper! :nono:

I haven't actually tried the shakes yet Hayley so I have nothing to compare with. The cartons do fill me up and they save mixing, washing mixing stuff, lumps etc. and the chocolate one is heaven. The strawberry is so-so, tastes a bit medicine-y (yes that's an adjective...) but I like it anyway. I've asked to swap two of my strawberry cartons for the chocolate mint shakes next week though. Apparently that's when the "ketosis cold" kicks in so I want something I can make as a hot drink and someone recommended that one.

Well, had the apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, spicy tomato soup for lunch and a strawberry carton for dinner.

My CWPC has been out of banana cartons for a while and I'm looking forward to trying them when she gets them back in stock.

I've been really regular with my meals since I started. Porridge is always 8:15am when I get to work, soup is 1pm on my lunch break and carton is 6:15pm when I get home and I stuck to this at the weekend too. I think my body has got used to this as I've noticed I start to get a vague hunger about 30 minutes before these times, which is strange as I haven't actually felt hunger for a week. I don't mind this mild feeling, as long as it doesn't turn into full on pains and rumbling so I have to fake a thunderstorm outside while in the office... (Did you hear that? Bloody British weather...)

Stolen Motivation of the Day: Your body can stand almost anything. It's your mind that you have to convince :copon:

My weigh in is Monday, I lost 10lbs :) I know it won't be as much this week, my CWPC says 3-4lbs is normal after week 1 and continuing SS xx

I need to up my water intake aswell I don't drink nearly enough!!
Had a 100% day :) had a choc shake, a vanilla shake a long walk and now having a chicken and mushroom soup not tried one before so will report my thoughts back ;)
Getting weighed tomorro and very nervous xx

Haha, your concentration is about as good as mine at the minute. We definitely need to drink more water!

Good luck for tomorrow hun, you shouldn't be nervous you've achieved so much already, and well done on your 100% xx

Yuk I won't be having the chicken and mushroom soup again!! It smelt nasty and had too many bits I couldn't finish it! I'm downing water now.

Yes let's make an effort to drink more!!

Week 2 - Day 3

Today was yummy maple and pecan porridge (I'd eat it if I wasn't dieting!), oriental chilli soup for lunch and a chocolate shake for dinner.

I did drink all of my water and feel much better for it. I did a brilliant presentation for my boss and I'm looking forward to Friday in the office. An all round good mood today! It might have something to do with being able to fasten my bra on the tightest hooks this morning. :happy036:

I've been thinking more about mind-set as I know the weekends are my biggest challenge. I gave up my 20-a-day smoking habit cold turkey last year and I know the only thing that got me through was the fact I kept thinking I wasn't depriving myself of cigarettes, I was choosing not to smoke them. So, applying the same mentality to my diet... I'm not depriving myself of junk food, I'm choosing not to eat it. It does put a much more positive light on things and it puts me in control; it's my choice.

I'm going to enjoy a hot shower, put some snuggly pyjamas on and watch a few episodes of Grimm.

Stolen Motivation of the Day: Don't look back, you're not going that way :shifter:

How's your day going red? I want to eat today so badly I feel really deprived tonight but I will stay strong! I went clothes shopping today and saw so many nice clothes I want went smaller!

Hope you've had a good day xx

Hi Red - you are doing so well! I adore the choccy tetra packs. Nice and rich and smooth :) (like my men?! - not!)

Friday nights are another challenge aren't they?! I'm off to bed early with my box set of Castle. Cheesy but good. Stay strong! Xx

Week 2 - Days 4 & 5

Well, sorry for the lack of activity yesterday. I think the week caught up with me and I was asleep by 9pm. :nightf:

Yesterday was apple and cinnamon porridge, potato and leek soup and a strawberry carton. Today has been maple and pecan porridge, chicken and mushroom soup and a chocolate carton.

I really enjoyed work yesterday! OK let me explain. We had our operatives in for a presentation (the one I helped prepare on Thursday) and I had to get them to sign some paperwork. So, I had 20 gentlemen queuing at my desk, and as I gave the first his paperwork he asked if I'd lost weight. I said yes but not much and carried on. Then the second, third, fourth guy all made comments about my weight. By now I'd realised my boss had put them up to it but I really didn't care! Even though I knew they'd been told to, it still made me feel good! I had a grin like the Cheshire cat on the bus on my way home. :D

Today I've had my pamper shower, which I can see being a new Saturday morning routine. Doing the epilating, full body moisturising and mini pedicure is backing up the weight plan. It's another way to treat my body right. I've also completed the housework and had to go to a new patient check-up at my new GP as my old GP no longer does evening and weekend appointments. So I told the nurse I was doing CWP and when she got the squinty eye / suspicious / 20 questions incoming look I lied and said I was on Step 3. I really felt like she was going to tell me off, and no amount of explaining how great I feel was going to change her mind I think. I also had to stand on the scales and I didn't look at what it said, although it was very tempting, I know it will be no good when my weight loss slows to weigh more than once a week so I'm not starting to now!

Stolen Motivation of the (Yester)Day: People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily :0bathtime:
Stolen Motivation of the Day: Strength doesn't come from what you can do. Strength comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn't :character00116:

How's your day going red? I want to eat today so badly I feel really deprived tonight but I will stay strong! I went clothes shopping today and saw so many nice clothes I want went smaller!

Hope you've had a good day xx

I know! I walk past good old Primarni and can't wait to go in there and not worry what makes this bit look lumpy or bumpy or what will suit. One day everything will suit us Hayley! xx

Well done Red. You've clearly got your own best interests at heart with all that pampering. Bet you look fab ;) hence all the nice comments!

And I want to fit into primarni one day too xx

Hi Red - you are doing so well! I adore the choccy tetra packs. Nice and rich and smooth :) (like my men?! - not!)

Friday nights are another challenge aren't they?! I'm off to bed early with my box set of Castle. Cheesy but good. Stay strong! Xx

Thanks Cupcake, I'm actually glad I fell asleep early yesterday. I didn't have to battle with the boredom / fidgets / urge to pick at food. I'm not sure what it is about Friday nights that make them different from, say, a Thursday night, but they are definitely a challenge. I'll have to try Castle, I'm always looking for a new series to watch xx

I like Castle - it's a bit cheesy, but entertaining - and no adverts in a box set ;)

Hope your weekend is going well xx

Week 2 - Days 6 & 7

Evening All!

Had a night away from the laptop last night as snuggled up with the other half for a film. We haven't spent as much time together the last few weeks as usual. It makes me realise how much we used to eat out and what a big part it played in our relationship. He has been trying to eat in another room so I can't see him and closing the doors when he cooks so the smells don't tempt me but I feel like I've hardly seen him! The ketosis breath doesn't help either! Can't even catch a cheeky snog anymore without being paranoid that my breath will knock him out :love: This will get better as I re-train my habits and can make better meal choices in future though.

So yesterday was apple and cinnamon porridge, oriental chilli soup and a strawberry carton. Today was maple and pecan porridge, potato and leek soup and a chocolate carton.

I did the painting during the day yesterday which kept me busy, although I still found it my worst day for wanting to eat. It's nothing to do with hunger. It's the emotional comfort thing of it being the weekend and me wanting to vegetate in front of the TV with a takeaway and chill out. I thought about how I'd feel today at my weigh in if I did that and resisted. It was still hard, but it was easier than putting the chicken back in the fridge last week.

So, today was weigh-in. My CWPC has just left and I've lost another 5lb! :party0011: I thought it would only be 3-4lb this week so I'm really made up with that. I know it will only the 3-4lb next week though.

Stolen Motivation of the (Yester)Day: Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done, even though you don't want to :553:

Stolen Motivation of the Day: Sometimes we have to choose between what is right and what is easy :devilangel:

Back