Reduced Fat Chedder as a HA instead of syns??

Dizzi-G

Hiya

I've just made the tuna pasta bake from the little booklet that came with the new SW mag and it uses 85g of reduced fat chedder cheese, makes 4 portions and each one is 3 syns.

Is there any way that I can work the cheese into my HA allowance instead of using the syns??

I have done this before 42g is 6 syns and the 21g would be the 3 from the recipe, so you could just eat 21g of cheese or grate it and add it to the top of your meal to make it the HEA.

If you use 84g of reduced fat cheddar instead that is 2 HEa's for entire recipe. So if the recipe serves 4, one serving will be 1/2 a HEa.

Sorry just another quick Q - would it be ok to use the other half of the HA on milk instead of cheese? Or can't you split your HE's like that?

You are not supposed to
Mix your healthy extras, but I do occasionally. It is because you might not be getting your full fibre or calcium intake.

my consultant said its ok to split so long as its a full healthy extra and it doesnt require anything additional to bulk it out like a scan bran etc

So you could do 21grams of low fat cheese and 150mls of milk.

Ok im panicking here. I thought hex a was 350ml skimmed milk not 300ml. I regularly split my a choice + have 175ml milk + 21g cheese. Have i been getting it wrong?. Im doing it at home no website access to check

Ok im panicking here. I thought hex a was 350ml skimmed milk not 300ml. I regularly split my a choice + have 175ml milk + 21g cheese. Have i been getting it wrong?. Im doing it at home no website access to check

Yes its 350 for skimmed milk and its fine to split your HEs so dont panic :)

Mummy_Helen said:
That is for skimmed milk, so if you use semi skimmed it would be 125 mls.

Sorry my 150 mls comes from the 300 mls for the one % milk which is 300 mls for a hex a

Back