Reductil & High Blood Pressure ??

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Hi,

I have been on reductil for 3 weeks now and have lost 1 stone, im not due to have my blood pressure taken again for another two weeks but have been reading about a large amount people having high blood pressure on these tablets. Has anyone been on them? And if so how often did you have your Blood pressure taken? How long did it take for you BP to get high (if it did). Is there any way to tell yourself if you have high blood pressure? Think i may be giving myself HBP by worrying too much. Do you think it would be wise to get my BP taken sooner? I don't really want to stop taking them as the have supressed my appetite a great deal.

Thanks

Hi Petal I was on reductil for about 3 months I had my Blood pressure done at each prescription (each month) My blood pressure never changed at all. If you are worried a lot of pharmacies offer this service free.

Good luck

Hi Petal I was on reductil for about 3 months I had my Blood pressure done at each prescription (each month) My blood pressure never changed at all. If you are worried a lot of pharmacies offer this service free.

Good luck

Thanks Ameythist. Why did you stop taking them?

Also i live miles from anywhere so getting to a pharmacist is not so easy next time im in town will be Monday. Im not sure whether i should continue to take the tablets or not :(. Does anyone have any advice? Would three days really make that much difference if my blood pressure is high? Im a bit of a worrier as you can tell. The tablets are working for me so to stop taking them is a bit of a dissapointment.

Hi Petal In a nutshell it was a lie! yes it curbed my appetite but all I did was eat the things I really liked i.e chocolate, chips, crisps and Booze! so I did not eat as much but what I ate was wrong. I lost 2 stone over the 3 month period but then the Doc and I realised I was mucking about and he said I could not have them anymore as I was really abusing them. I joined LighterLife last March and then went on to Cambridge Diet. Lost 6 stone altogether, it is still off although I struggle with the last stone constantly and I do yo yo it.
It is a constant battle with food, I am greedy and thats it in a nutshell, I can pig out on chocolate and Lager so easily. Mon to Fri no problems at all, weekend its pig out time, no matter how busy I keep myself I always have time to stick a twirl in my mouth or down a pint! LOL.
Good Luck - If you find it is working keep on it with it, I believe reductil to only have an adverse effect on few and normally shows up in the first week of using, I could be wrong, ring your nurse for assurance?

Petal, what diet are you following while taking the Reductil ?

I have high blood pressure and was taking reductil at the time it was discovered so they stopped the reductil. A year or so later saw a different doc who put me back on them saying that she had been to a seminar about them and they were fine if bp was well controlled. It never increased my BP but they did not work for me, never curbed my appetite at all even the higher dose. I am now two stone heavier then when I tried them...Linda x

I`m in the same boat - on Reductil 15mg, high blood pressure, but the Reductil has stopped doing anything for me and my weight is creeping back up - frankly I`m now terrified to go back to my GP to ask if there is any other help she can give me!

hello everyone,
I started taking reductil on the 20th of Aug, I definitely have seen some weight loss and it has helped my food binges!!lol (i tend to eat for the sake of it) but the last few nights when i go to bed i became very anxious and had shortness of breath it lasts for about 10 mins and has become very worrying i have an appointment booked with doc but chemist said this is quite normal for a few weeks...has anyone had this problem? and any success stories from reductil...thanks in advance
samx:confused:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wkqkVMC/

about the reductil did you get them prescribed or buy them? im thinking about taking some im starting back on slimming world diet on saturday and iv been given a months worth. did they make you less hungry or feel any diffrent?

Back