Refeed/Maintenance and Weight Loss Plan!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Lipotrim Maintenance Foods

Control your eating whilst still enjoying low-fat foods

Low G.I. to reduce hunger pangs

High Fibre - feel fuller

Low Calorie

1/3 of daily nutrients per product

Use 1,2, or 3 a day

Before or with your meal

Free Supervised weigh-ins

*****​

Menu for days 1 to 3

Day 1

Breakfast: 1 x Maintenance Formula

Lunch: 1 x Maintenance Formula

Dinner: 4-6ozs of skinless, boneless chicken or turkey breast or white fish fillet, or tuna fish in brine. This can be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan seasoned with salt & pepper. Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn. You can have a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber, cress & watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, beansprouts, celery, dressed with a little lemon or lime juice, or wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar.

Or you can have 2 heaped tablespoons of cooked green vegetables - NO MORE.

Important You must NOT eat bread, potato, grains (rice), pasta, fruit.

No alcohol, no fruit juices.

*****​

Day 2

Breakfast 1 x Maintenance Formula

Lunch: Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Dinner: Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Important: You must NOT eat bread, potato, grains (rice), pasta, fruit. No alcohol, no fruit juices.

*****​

Day 3

Breakfast 1 x Maintenance Formula

Lunch: Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Dinner: Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Important: You can now have at lunch OR dinner 1 x 8oz potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yoghurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs. You must NOT eat bread, grains (rice), pasta, fruit. No alcohol, no fruit juices.

*****​

Days 4-7

Lunch: Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes ( 1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon of mash - no added fat), carrots, 2 tablespoons of broccoli (or any other vegetable). Yoghurt (low fat).

Dinner: 4-6oz skinless, boneless, chicken or turkey breast, jacket potato, bowl of salad. Fruit (if appropriate, see below) or low fat dessert.

Snack or Late evening: Below are suggested healthy low fat foods for snacks or evening. If you have been more than 2 stone overweight you should only eat the three meals suggested above. Avoid these snacks and just eat by the clock.

Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat(low fat).

Up to 3 small pieces of fruit, preferably in the evening. If you suffer from the insulin resistance, (cravings) problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day.

Important: No alcohol

*****​
Example 2

Lunch: Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, e.g. tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or low fat yoghurt.

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of: drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4oz cooked spaghetti, serving spoon of vegetables. Low fat dessert.

Important: No alcohol.

*****​
TIPS

Follow diet for Day 1 to 7 strictly then continue from week two using 1,2 or 3 Maintenance per day with healthy, low fat foods.

Drink 2 litres of water per day

Return to the Pharmacy each week for free weigh-in

Ring your Pharmacy with any queries

You may consume diet drinks and have milk in tea/coffee.

The Lipotrim Maintenance range comprises:
  • Chocolate Whip Dessert
  • Orange Crème Drink
  • Summer Fruits Drink
  • Cream of Vegetable Soup
  • Caramel Flavoured Bar
Lipotrim Maintenance Programme
For further information visit Lipotrim web site: Welcome to the Lipotrim Website

Or contact your nearest participating Pharmacy you will find a list on the Lipotrim Website.

Hi Mini

I havent tried any of the maintenance shakes at all. Can I just ask, if I decided to follow this plan, for say a week....what is the average weight loss? And also, would I have to refeed after it, or could I just start to eat normally again (healthily)?

Thanks

Mini

I have just spoken to the HF and they will send me some samples along with a booklet that will give me the nutritional info, etc...

So, will be able to find out calories, etc from the booklet they sent, so no need to reply to my original post. I should have read right down to the bottom of your post and seen that you said for further info,,,go into website ;-)!

isnt this just refeed but using maintainence formulas?
Is this something LT reccomends?

I dont mean to be cynical but this might promote the fact that people can just do Lipotrim this way when its not really meanto to be like that. The maintainence formulas are thre for just that right, to help maintain the loss we achieved whilst on LT?

Hi Mini

I havent tried any of the maintenance shakes at all. Can I just ask, if I decided to follow this plan, for say a week....what is the average weight loss? And also, would I have to refeed after it, or could I just start to eat normally again (healthily)?

Thanks

They are not the same as TFR...They are a lot sweeter tasting...I personally only like the veggie soup, caramel bar and just about stomach the Summer Fruits Drink Mix.

You can add extra veggies to the soup. I dislike the chicken soup in TFR but this veggie soup is very nice.

You have to refeed coming off TFR because you have had very little carbs in your diet and if you suddenly begin eating too many carbs you can over fill the glycogen stores.

Using the maintenance products and a low GI meal you do not need to refeed...this is not a strict diet like TFR...once after the initial refeed it is very flexible, it is you who decides the rate of weight loss or if you want to maintain using the products.

great thread mini ;)

Mini

I have just spoken to the HF and they will send me some samples along with a booklet that will give me the nutritional info, etc...

The nutritional info come on the bag they give you with the maintenance products.

Everyone gets free samples to see how they like it now...was not that easy last year to get free samples as I had to pay for mine.

So, will be able to find out calories, etc from the booklet they sent, so no need to reply to my original post. I should have read right down to the bottom of your post and seen that you said for further info,,,go into website ;-)!

isnt this just refeed but using maintainence formulas?
Is this something LT reccomends?

I dont mean to be cynical but this might promote the fact that people can just do Lipotrim this way when its not really meanto to be like that. The maintainence formulas are thre for just that right, to help maintain the loss we achieved whilst on LT?

Since they introduced Maintenance Products about two years ago they have always promoted the fact you can use them to lose weight but not many seemingly have done it...they are pushing it more now with formalized weekly weigh-ins.

This is just another option as not everyone can do TFR...but the maintenance is not meant to be used as a substitue for TFR packs...it would also worked how much more expensive...

I will print up some of the information that is in the original booklet...not sure if they are still giving this one out...I just got the leaflet above on Tuesday.

Cream of Vegetable Soup Mix has 117 calories

Summer Fruits Drink Mix 189 calories

Caramel Flavoured Bar 204 calories

Chocolate Whip Dessert Mix 229 calories

Orange Creme Drink Mix 144 calories

The rest of the ingredients look very similar to TFR packs... I have not examined it in detail.

Last edited:
In my old booklet they call the Maintenance Foods...Weight Management Foods!

HOW DO LIPOTRIM WEIGHT MANAGEMENT FOODS WORK?

They help you reduce food intake.

Doctors and nutritionist recognise that when you eat foods which have a low glycaemic index (ie foods which cause minimal increase in blood sugar levels), the carbohydrates in these foods are absorbed by your body at a slower rate than occurs with foods with a higher glycaemic index.

This slower rate of absorption reduces the rise in your body's blood sugar levels which, in turn, needs a lower insulin response. A lower insulin response means that your feelings of hunger and food cravings can be reduced. With a reduced desire to eat to excess, you have better control of your eating and therefore your weight.

The high glycaemic index of some popular foods you may eat (such as fruit, bread, cereal or snacks, like chocolate) normally produces a high insulin response but, as is widely recognised, this high glycaemic index can be lowered by the addition of low glycaemic index foods to the meal and thus reduce your subsequent hunger cravings.

So, even though you may have eaten some high glycaemic index foods as part of your meal, the whole meal's effect on the insulin response can be reduced by the inclusion of low glycaemic index foods at the same time.

The Lipotrim weight management foods have been specially formulated so that they provide you with a unique combination of high soluble fibre/low glycaemic index foods to reduce your hunger pangs while providing that full range of nutrients your body needs for a normal, active life.

You will eat less and still be well nourished and better able to control your eating.

WHEN TO USE

Lipotrim weight management foods will have the strongest effect if eaten at the beginning of your normal meal or even a bit before it. These management foods are themselves quite filling and therefore, in addition to giving you greater control as explained above, they will further reduce your desire for excess feeding if eaten prior to any normal food.

Obviously, it is harder to reduce the amount of normal food you will eat if you have already eaten it!

So, if you eat the management foods at the end of your meal instead of at the beginning, you will have to depend on them reducing your between-meal snacking and reducing the size of your next meal. This will be noticeable, but somewhat less effective.

People with a weight problem can benefit the most if they use the Lipotrim weight management foods at breakfast and at lunchtime. If your particular weight problem is not serious, you may even find that one a day is sufficient. Only you know the magnitude of your problem.

COMBINE WITH NORMAL LOW CALORIE/LOW FAT MEALS

The majority of people know about the need for a healthy eating and the need for a low fat lifestyle. Fat is very high in Calories, has little satiety value and is usually stored in the body rather than used for daily energy needs.

Low fat foods, however, are usually foods that are relatively high in carbohydrates - often carbohydrates with a high glycaemic index.

Weight maintenance requires adherence to a low fat/healthy eating lifestyle. The Lipotrim weight management foods help stop you from losing control as a result of eating carbohydrate foods which actually are important in your daily diet.

WHY IT'S IMPORTANT TO STICK TO THE PROGRAMME

We are all living in a society where delicious, tempting and highly desirable foods are readily available and in great abundance. The average person, at rest, uses little more than one Calorie a minute. A single biscuit can provide enough energy to power the body for well over an hour. A bar of chocolate, at around 300 Calories, will normally sustain our energy needs for about five hours.

So it's very easy to eat more than your body actually need and to lose control. Weight management requires control of your eating over a long period of time. Without help, those of us with a weight problem will usually gain weight again. Even exercise, good as it is for most people, can only help a certain amount. A mile run uses about 100 Calories. This may help compensate for an excess biscuit or two, but not for a serious overindulgence.

Sticking to the programme helps you maintain control. Without control, weight gain is usually inevitable.

CAN LIPOTRIM WEIGHT MANAGEMENT FOODS BE USED TO LOSE WEIGHT?

Yes, they can. The beauty of Lipotrim weight management foods is that they allow you to choose the degree to which you control your weight.

People wanting to maintain their present weight should take Lipotrim weight management foods before their low-Calorie breakfast and lunch, with just a proper, low-fat meal in the evening. If you are seeking to reduce your weight, all you need to do is to follow the above weight management programme for breakfast and lunch, but then add a further Lipotrim weight management formula food at dinner time, which will help you seriously restrict the Calories of your dinner meal as well, ideally to below about 100 Calories. When your weight has fallen to your desired level, simply return to the Lipotrim weight maintenance programme schedule.

So in future, even if occasions like Christmas or birthdays add the pounds, you know that you can adjust your Lipotrim management programme in this way and remain in control.

DRINKING WATER IS IMPORTANT

The body needs at least 4 pints of water every day. If you are restricting your food intake, you are restricting water, since food is largely made up of water. The less you eat, the more important your fluid intake becomes. Drink at least 4 pints every day.

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH US

We know the programme works. It has worked for many people who have regained control of their weight. We hope these foods will help you too.

Dr. Stephen Kreitzman Ph.D.,R.Nutr.
Howard Foundation Research Ltd.

ADDITIONAL ADVICE FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENT

You may drink tea and coffee. The addition of milk is okay, but remember that the Calories do add up quickly - 650 Calories per litre of whole milk or 330 Calories per litre of skimmed milk.

Alcohol

Alcohol contains 7 calories per gram, almost as much as fat which contributes 9 per gram. Calories levels in different drinks vary enormously.

A pub measure of spirits is 50 kcals - with the Calories from mixer (tonic water 35 kcals) it's 85 kcals per drink.

Wine varies from 75 to 100 kcals for an average 4 fluid ounce glass (not a HOME measure which will have LOTS more Calories - we do tend to underestimate the size of the glass!)

Beer ranges from 140 to 180 kcals per pint and sweet cider is over 220 kcals per pint.

Regular drinking even on a modest scale, adds considerable Calories to the daily total. This i fine if that's what you want, but to manage your weight, you must REDUCE your food Calories to compensate. Nuts and crisps etc. are real calorie traps and could add up to a day's Calories in no time. Avoid where possible.

Social eating and drinking has a high price for weight management.

Last edited:
Hi Mini, thanks for this information, it is really useful. I am trying to decide how to go once I have got through my last couple of weeks on TFR and refeed and am thinking of using the maintenance products to lose a little bit more slowly, and help me maintain. Will post to let you know how I get on x

Love to hear on you get on Tara!

Well done on your wonderful weight loss!

Love Mini xxx

when can you introduce alcohol again?

you arent supposed to drink alcohol on a vlcd cause being in ketosis can have bad effects on your liver...wait til your eating properly again and then reintroduce it gently

how do i know this? through experience lol (believe me, its not worth the stomach cramps etc you get afterwards)

h xx

OMG OMG OMG

:(

• Chocolate Whip Dessert
  • Orange Crème Drink
  • Summer Fruits Drink
  • Caramel Flavoured Bar
OMG!!!

Why oh why are the maintenance formulas 80% sweet?????
I never ate sweet things before my LT/TFR journey and don't really want to start now!!

What's the sweet thing all about?????

Lisa x

I know. The problem for me is that I have such a sweet tooth so the products just make me want more of them!

The soup is nice tho Lisa so you could have that for dinner and a caramel bar for brekkie. Its not that long until you can have proper food all day anyway so just think of it as a must, like tfr, for refeed time xxxx

:(

• Chocolate Whip Dessert
  • Orange Crème Drink
  • Summer Fruits Drink
  • Caramel Flavoured Bar
OMG!!!

Why oh why are the maintenance formulas 80% sweet?????
I never ate sweet things before my LT/TFR journey and don't really want to start now!!

What's the sweet thing all about?????

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

I agree that they are way too sweet and especially coming off the TFR packs which are pretty bland in comparison.

The shock to the system is such that it can trigger the sugar cravings all over again.

My own chemist has reported this to Lipotrim that her clients are not happy with the sweetness of the Lipotrim maintenance products and the only feed back she got was that the rep was looking into it.:rolleyes:

I have to say I love the maintenance products especially the bars I never feel like I'm missing out on them. I'm mostly not hungry except after swimming when I could actually eat a half cow! But I think I could actually loose more on this cause I can do more exercise now with out fainting, the hot weather here is just brilliant its so much easier than doing the diet in the winter when I was sooooooo cold all the time. Love you guys keep up all the great work. I really feel like this experience is making me a much more interesting person I've no fear of doing anything now!

Have a lovely Monday xx

Back