Refeed then returning to 100% questions

poppyseed

Hi all,

I have a weekend away next weekend and it includes meals so I need to refeed this week after my second weigh in tomorrow. I am absolutely terrified that I will put on everything I have lost by doing this, even I'm going straight back to 100% next Tuesday when I come back.

Can anyone who has done a similar refeed for a week then back to 100% after a weekend of eating tell me how it went and what to expect?

I'm going to try to steer clear of carbs as much as possible but am also determined to enjoy myself!! :D

Hi Poppyseed,

I've not done that myself but I have considered it and read up as much as I can.

You're doing it the right way, refeeding for a week before weekend. When you're away don't worry too much about the carbs - it's inevitable that you will eat some and you will have eaten carbs and come out of ketosis during the refeed anyway. Doing the refeed properly should ensure that the carbs don't have too much of an impact on weight.

Just enjoy the weekend. It's only a weekend and you'll soon catch up.

Depends how much your thinking of eating over the weekend...

Personally I would try and get away with one meal a day and little to no carbs...

Then you could just do day one of refeed for a few days... This way you will still lose weight and find it easier to get back on 100%

Obviously if your planning on drinking alcohol things might be different, but I don't drink so can't say

Hope that helps xx

I had a weekend away, didn't refeed, only ate two meals, protein, no carbs, glass of wine each evening and lost 4lbs that week........

I'm afraid I can't agree with Biffo, if you want to have the minimum detrimental effect on your weight you should avoid carbs as much as possible ......and do the refeed for at least two weeks!

Just be aware that if you choose not to have carbs that the effects of the alcohol may be unwanted.... people pass out and get very sick while in ketosis and drinking. If you intend on drinking more than a glass of wine then u need carbs.... or thats my knowledge of it anyway :)

Back