Refresher medical check & other Qs

Guy

Likes to lurk
Hey all.

Long story short. Lost over 8 stone and finished RTM in April 2009. Put around 4 back on and am considering a refresher.

I'm not daunted by it. I know I can do it for a couple of months but I'm just interested in the practicalities of it all.

My health hasn't changed since finishing 20 months ago so will I need to go an get my doctor to sign the form again? The Lighterlife charter states that it depends on how long you've been away. Does anyone know how long that is?

My doc was a pain in the rear end last time. Of course, until I said Id pay!

Also, will I just be able to go it alone on refresher? I'm not interested in the counselling this time around and would rather do 4 week stints etc.

Last but not least, what's the current cost of LL total?

Thanks all! Really appreaciate it. Thought I'd never be back but have deceided to swallow my pride before the 2nd half goes back on....

Better update that ticker again. :mad:

Hi guy!
Well done on losing the weight the first time round! It's a great achievement.
I'm also a returner, currently on my week 15 and going back on LL was the best decision i've made!
Now, to your questions..
Yes, you have to get a medical done, initial one and the one every 4 weeks. It's a pain but it's there to cover your and their back. I usually get it done in my local pharmacy. They're always very helpful and only charges £5.
LL is changing from January.
There will no longer be a foundation, developers, returners etc.
It will all be done in 4 week modules where people from different stages will meet for weekly meetings to exchange experiences and get support. I think it's good because it allows you to be more flexible.
I'm not sure if they'll let you do it without the counselling, I guess it depends on your LLC.
Prices will go down to £66 per month for the first 3 months and go up to £70 after. They'll also be several new food packs avaiable.
Hope that helps... :)

Good luck xx

Back