Refusal to take back & refund unopened packets

Hi Everyone,

Me Again, I tried to CDSS again but FAILED again. I miss food too much. I have been to my GP and she is going to work with me and put me on Zenical or Reductil, but I have to lose a few pounds myself first. She will work out an eating plan for me and I will check in with her every 2 wks.

My problem is that I emailed my CDC and told her this and asked her if I could bring back in the 20 unopened packets I had for a refund. She emailed back and said no, she only takes it back if I decide not to do it on day 1 or 2 of the diet. And that because I tried it before I am not entitled to it. At no time was this option mentioned by me or her, but surely this can't be right.

What can I do? I emailed her back to ask if she could let one of her other clients know I have them for sale. But I have had no reply.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sarah

CDC's have to take unopened stock and give a refund if its within 14 days of purchase.

I would press that to her, if she still says no contract Customer Relations at Cambridge. I can give you the address.

How annoying!!!!

Good luck with the tablets!! xx

well the 14 should def be refunded....not sure about the other 6, depends when you got them as to whether she HAS to refund you.

Personally, if it's only been a few weeks I take them back cause they'll go soon enough.

Tell her you are getting in touch with Customer Relations, she is breaking the contract of sale.:mad:

Thank you,

I don't mind about the other 6 I have had them since before Xmas (still in date tho) But the other 14 cost me 32 euro. I will try this.

You could try selling them on Ebay if she don't take them back. I had the same last year, I was on day 3 and gave up (this time I am on day 53!) and my CDC would not refund me so I sold them on Ebay, also, he made me have packs of flavours I didn't want, which was wrong! My new CDC is great! I choose what I have every week! Bless her!

just to stick my nose in, cambridge are very anti people selling on ebay.

as for her not refunding you, forward her email to cambridge head office and see what say. i'm very sure she is against the code of conduct and isnt allowed to refuse
good luck!

x

Yeah...counsellors aren't allowed to sell on ebay.....and aren't allowed to supply someone knowing they are just going to sell it on ebay. I personally cannot sell this on ebay, but I don't think there is anything against people who want to get rid of stuff they won't use......but yes, Cambridge are against selling on ebay, hence the reasons you should be refunded!!!

nobody should sell it really on the basis that people who might not be fit to do cambridge (medical problems, eating disorders etc) could get hold of it without being checked out x

nobody should sell it really on the basis that people who might not be fit to do cambridge (medical problems, eating disorders etc) could get hold of it without being checked out x

Absolutely Jen!

All counsellors should buy back any unused stock from a client and I would urge everyone to avoid using Ebay to sell or buy packs.

If you are buying packs you are usually paying over the odds and the packs may be counterfeit or not from the UK so not containing the RDA levels of everything you need.

If you are selling packs then you might be selling them to someone who is pregnant, has cancer, has recently had a serious operation, has an eating disorder or some other major factor that means they should not do the diet.

For someone to pay over the odds on Ebay means that usually they wouldn't be able to get the diet from a local Cambridge counsellor and hence they should not be doing the diet.

M.

On-going refusal to refund & now no contact

:cry:Hello,

It's been a long time, but I have been losing weight through cutting back and excercising. I hope everyone is doing well.

I started this thread, what feels like a lifetime ago, believe it or not it's still not resolved. I am getting very upset about it now.

I took peoples advice and emailed Cambridge in the UK on March 8th of this year and explained that my CDC refused to give me a refund.

I received a reply on March 12th saying if bought within 14days I should get refund (they were) and that she left a message for my CDC to call her back.

I heard nothing again and decided to email on March 23rd asking if she had any luck getting in touch with my CDC.

I received a reply on March 27th apologising for the delay, explaining that she had missed a call from my CDC and would try to get in touch with her again and also email her to get it resolved.

I again heard absolutely nothing and had to email this person at Cambridge on May 2nd. I received no reply. I phoned Cambridge and asked to speak to the person I was dealing with and was told she was in a meeting but was transferred to her voicemail and told to leave a message (which I did).

Again, I have heard nothing. So on May 17th I emailed the main email address instead of this person's email and yet again I have heard nothing. I emailed this evening hoping that someone will get back to me. But at this stage I could cry.

What can I do? I just want to get rid of them and now no one is bothering to reply. I even asked in an email if I could return them direct to Cambridge and get the refund from them, but as I have said NO REPLY!!!!

HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!

That's disgraceful! I would email them again and threaten to sell them on ebay even though it is very much against your conscience to do so.

Really disappointing to hear of your experience.

Dizzy x

I'm not 100% sure myself to be honest. Maybe you could contact another local CDC?

Such a shame you cant get things resolved :(

Hope things work out for you though.

Have you re-thought about doing CD again at all? x

Beentheredonethat please E-Mail me directly at [email protected] and I will help you sort this.

Mike

As far as I know there are only 2 CDC in Ireland the other one is hundreds of miles away.

I have lost a stone and a half myself by just cutting back. CD didn't work for me but I know it does work I read this forum enough before I tried it to see that it does work for many many people.

I still check in every now and then just to see how they are doing and glad to see it is still working.

I really don't want to sell on Ebay as the person who buys them probably have not even spoken to a CDC and I couldn't live with myself if anything happened. (Dramatic I know, but that's me).

I did email them again this evening but I am not expecting much

Please E-Mail me directly and I will tell you how to sort it.

Mike

Not come through, can you mail me to [email protected] as that will come through quicker so I can reply.

Thanks

Back