Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Regaining control of drinking wine, eating crisps to become a skinny malinky

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by shiny21, 31 March 2011 Social URL.

1. shiny21

shiny21 Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well week 1 is over and I have managed to loose a whooping 5lb. I am delighted to say the least. I have managed to stick to the extra easy plan 100% and can confirm not a drop of vino has passed my lips, the odd gin maybe but not wine!

I am hoping that by posing my diary on here that I can get advice along the way as everyone on her seems to be so knoweldgeable about everything sliming world. I have been able to get answers to all the questions I have had this week. I've not liked the answers to some of the questions such as; Banana Smooties are not free and Lasagne sheet crisps also need a syn value (whoops, I have ate a few sheets worth of these).

I have tried every diet on the planet some I have lost with other not but either way I have not been able to maintain a healthy lifestyle so Slimming World seems the perfect solution. I have not been hungry all week and have managed to survive days out where I was uanble to plan ahead. Things do seem to good to be true!

so my downfalls will be wine, I do love a glass or two of wine and before joining slimming world I was having a very large glass a night (more at weekends) but I realise if I want to get slim and healthy I need to reserve the wine for special occasions. If I am having a stressful week/day at work a gin and tonic does just the job with a fraction of the syns but I am trying to leave alcohol full stop till the weekend. My other downfall is crisps. I could live on a diet of crisps. I have yet to find a make or flavour of crisps that I do not like 'giggle' oh and I can quite easily eat them by the bucket load. This is hte one food I am cutting out all together. If I have one bag it could be my downfall. Im sure further down the line I will reintoduce criss but Im far to weak right now :p

I have started week 2 today and am hoping that another good week awaits me. I am hoping to update my diary as often as possible as this is to be my place where I can be really honest and ask for help and supoort when needed.

I have about 4 stone to loose but am breaking it done to 2 stone targets. so 5lb down 23lb to go to first target.

have a good day xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrscush

Mrscush Woman on a mission!

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck Shiny21.
    5lb is a great start!

I, like you am a wine fiend! I love it - it does not love me, and so I am slowly ending my reletionship with it - lol!

Its voddie all the way for me from now on - apart from special occasions.

Good luck and look forward to hearing about how you get on x

4. Freaky Deaky

Freaky Deaky Full Member

Great loss!

I too am a crisp fiend and would get through a whole huge packet of kettle chips on my own on a Saturday night *blush* but now I've got into chopping cucumber/carrot and peppers up and having them with a vodka and diet coke instead. I can't lie it did take some getting used to but now I can't imagine going back to how I was.

But, like you, I have to avoid them all together as I cannot be trusted to have just one.

FD
    xxx

5. shiny21

shiny21 Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks both for your replies, its nice to know sometimes your not the only one who struggles with certain foods/drinks. I have a large bottle of Gin ready for emergencys hahaha. thanks again xx

6. Cherylsmith2011

Cherylsmith2011 Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming Word Easy Plan
    Great Loss well done :)

7. md1972

md1972 Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't know whether you're supposed to save syns up, but I'm sure everyone does and I certainly do. I don't have any syns in any of my daily food (fruit for breakfast, salad with pasta/meat for lunch or leftover tea from night before, big syn free meal for tea) then I can have a botte of wine on both friday and saturday every week, plus 5 or 6 beers here and there.

I've lost 3.5 stone in 5 months, so it deffo works for me

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.