reheating my chilli :-)

chubbyemma

Silver Member
can any one tell me how to recook my chilli.

i made a massive pan of it, froze it in some cartons and now im wondering how to reheat it again.

would it be best slowly in a pan or zap it in microwave??

just wondered which you girls did, to get the best result.

under pressure to get it spot on, cause my other half is having some with me and i want to impress him with my skills.
:)

I normally just take the tub out the freezer the morning I want to have it for tea, and let it defrost itself, and then zap with the micro when I'm ready to eat it.

is it defrosted?
or not hun?
if frozen id put it in a big saucepan and heat

if defrosted id do the same thing!!

it sounds lovely, i always think chilli tastes better the next day or after its been frozen i think its more flavoursome :) yum yum yum! enjoy hope your other half is impressed xx

Hi

I always batch cook and make loads of chilli/bolognese/curry etc!!

I usually take it out the night before (have to hide it away so the cat doesn't find it!!) then put in the freezer in the morning and slowly heat in a pan when I get home from work.

I don't really like using the microwave tbh prefer heating in a pan

thanks guys got a good few ideas of how to reheat my chilli.

must admit not into the pinto beans? i put in the chilli had to sit and pick them out as i ate it.

had a funny old taste i cant describe.

never mind i know for next time

:eek:

thanks guys got a good few ideas of how to reheat my chilli.

must admit not into the pinto beans? i put in the chilli had to sit and pick them out as i ate it.

had a funny old taste i cant describe.

never mind i know for next time

:eek:

try using baked beans instead :) it might sound a bit weird but its yummy! xxx

OOoooooh what I do is just take it out of the freezer and put it straight in the oven for an hour. It goes lovely and sticky and rich. No need to defrost unless your in a hurry. But then you need time to make rice anyway. Yeah... I always put it in the oven for an hourish.

i always batch cook its sooo much easier, and i also take it out of freezer the night before and keep it in the fridge until defrosted (always in time for my tea ) and then i bang it in mocrowave for afew mins

Back