Relabelling of mince

Snozzberry

I've just seen the update on the SW website about mince being relabelled as lean, reduced fat and standard. It seems that lean is the new extra lean and (possibly) still free, although so far only Asda's lean mince has been confirmed as free.

Apparently all due to EU regulations on standardising labels. That'll be nice and confusing during the transition then lol.

I noticed Asda had relabelled last week but it still shows less than 5% fat on the new label so that is what we will have to look out for.
Thanks for highlighting this.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes sainsburys have done it to. Helpfully they have put a notice in their fridge to say if you normally bought extra lean then the equivalent is the 5% fat mince.

I've only just got my husband to understand that he needs to pick up extra lean when he does the shopping (same with fat free yogurts). It's taken years to sink in. This may actually melt his brain.

I think I'll just pick up the bloody mince myself :D

that will explain why I couldn't find any the other day of Extra lean!!

I will pay more attention to the 5% rule lol!

Can you get any free pork mince?

The only 5% fat mince i could find was beef but i dont really like it x

Yes, the new labels caught me off guard in Sainsbury's this morning! Took me a few minutes to figure out which one was extra lean.

Lulu - Sainsbury's, Tesco and ASDA all do a 5% fat pork mince. I know in Sainsbury's, it's the "Be good to yourself" branded one. You should be able to get extra lean turkey mince in these as well, which I actually prefer in stronger tasting dishes such as chilli.

Yes, the new labels caught me off guard in Sainsbury's this morning! Took me a few minutes to figure out which one was extra lean.

Lulu - Sainsbury's, Tesco and ASDA all do a 5% fat pork mince. I know in Sainsbury's, it's the "Be good to yourself" branded one. You should be able to get extra lean turkey mince in these as well, which I actually prefer in stronger tasting dishes such as chilli.

Thank you. Asda didnt have much pork mince left so they must have been out of stock x

I spent ages in Sainsbury's the other day looking for extra lean...eventually asked someone and they told me that their extra lean is now the 5% fat one

Awww thanks guys I thought I was going nuts not finding extra lean beef!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back