Help Needed - Quorn Sausage, Baked Bean, Mince Casserole

Hi there,
I was just wondering if anyone could advise me which day I should use to have this meal listed below. My friends mum used to do slimming world years ago and she made this and I just fell in love with it. Now Im doing slimming world I think I should make it myself but I want to maximize the amount I can have. So need the most filling ingredients to be in the greater proportions. I am assuming this is perfect for a green day with the mince as a healthy extra???

Quorn Sausage, Baked Bean, Mince and Vegetable Casserole.

Serves 4

8 Quorn Sausages
1 Tin Reduced Sugar and Salt Heinz Beans
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
Bovril* to taste
Carrots
Lean Beef Mince (Not sure on the amount depends which plan suits it best)
Celery - I have to use celery where others would use onions due to trying to reduce FODMAP (Fermentable wind causing carbs) foods.

*I think it was Bovril, could of been Marmite.

If anyones interested in trying this basically just put the whole lot in a slow cooker and leave until soft then stir in the Bovril/Marmite to taste. Since I don't have a slow cooker at present I would probably brown the mince and drain the fat. Then add the rest of the ingredients and have it on the lowest heat on my hob for a couple of hours. I cannot for the life of me remember if I put gravy granules in it? I am going to try and make this over the weekend anyway and see if I can get it right.

Ill be honest I don't start SW until Monday so I don't know much about health extras etc. But I am assuming that because this has a whole tin of beans in it they would be better as a free food? (Green day) but then again it is shared between 4? If I am honest I would probably polish a third of it off in a meal its that delicious. With the mince I would probably just use a small packet I think theyre usually about 250g but I could be wrong.. Any ideas anyone.........

Well it would okay on extra easy as the beans are free and veggies are free but you would have to syn the mince as only extra lean is free. Syns for the mince would depend on the % fat and how much you use. You would also need to either add more veggies to be sure you are getting your third superfree or you could have some fruit as a starter instead. Remember to syn the quorn sausages as well

On green it would be the same but the mince would be higher in syns than on extra easy.Even if you were using extra lean mince you would have to either syn it or use some as a healthy extra B choice. Or if you were to use a meatfree mince (quorn, asda, linda mccartney, defatted soya) it could be syn free apart from the sausages which are 1 syn each

are quorn sausages always 1 syn? regardless of the day? its got to be real mince lol. i didnt know u cud get extra lean tho lol

my asda delivery came today and my mince is extra lean so I guess its free then? guessing its an extra easy meal? gonna knock it together tomorrow in the evening ready for Monday :D

If the mince is less than 5 percent fat then it will be free on original and EE. Some mince says it's extra lean but the fat content is still above 5 percent so it's always best to check the packet.

Back