Remind me why I'm doing this....

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO demotivated today I am close to jacking it in and having a bacon sarnie.

Last week was so, so, so hard. I've been feeling really sick, I'm totally exhausted and I'm getting out of breath much more easily than I did before this diet.

Its been increasingly hard to get out of bed each day, and I can't stay away much after 9pm at night. I slept for more than 12 hours Friday night and still struggled to wake up Saturday morning. Yesterday I felt terrible - really tired and legs felt like lead. I had to drag myself out for a walk in the park and didn't feel any better for it. I've been absolutely starving, I mean belly aching, hollow feeling FAMISHED for the last 4 days, so somehow I've come out of ketosis, but don't know how.

Also, I'm finding myself going off all the flavours. I can't stomach to soups at all (might have to try making crisps) and I'm down to Strawberry and Butterscotch as the only shakes I can face. I really struggle to have 3 shakes a day too, and I'm supposed to have 4.

I'm drinking all my water - nearly 4 litres most days, and I haven't really cheated - except for the little piece of cheese I stole off OH's plate yesterday because I felt so dreadful.

And to cap it all off, my weigh in this morning showed a lost of only 2 pounds. I could've cried.

Its easter sunday this coming weekend and I was going to start my AAM a day early (on CDC's advice) and have a little bit of turkey dinner with my parents, but that's just going to slow my loss again and I really don't think I can cope with another week of rubbish weeight loss.

I've got such a long way to go and at just 2 pounds a week its going to take forever. It makes it harder when I think that I lost 2 pound a week on Rosemary Conley and I could EAT on that diet!!!

Please convince me that its still a good idea - I'm feeling so sorry for myself, I'm wallowing in self pity here - drag me out and tell me why I wouldn't be better off on weight watchers!!

:(

ok, number one, it sounds like you are now going into ketosis, for some people it is easy, others it can be hard and painful, but ride it out. Keep drinking lots of water and try to go for 5 litres a day. You cannot cheat on this diet, it is all or nothing, and the cheese you had last night is why you are hungry. It is better to stay out of the way whilst others are eatting.

Please do not give up, on average you should loose over 3lbs a week.

You will get tired, you don't have the energy to burn that you would do on food. You are doing this to loose weight, and to avoid all temptations. It does work, I have done 11 weeks and over 2 & half stone, and the hjourney has not been all wonderful, it has been hard and painfil, but it builds your character! Please don't be disheartened, you will regret giving it up x

lovelyjoolz....YOU CAN DO THIS! Just think... a couple of days/weeks of feeling *blah* and then you really start seeing a difference, and it will be so worth it! I really hope you stick at it, you'll be chuffed if you do in the long run.

Chin up hun x :)

Hey there lovelyjoolz!

Sorry things are a bit rubbish just now! Hopefully the sicky feeling etc should go, I do hope you're not coming down with something.

Water water water....you know the plan!!

You are doing this because you want to be slim. In reality you cannot lose weight as quickly on a conventional diet - the maths doesn't add up with the calorie deficit.

Please plllllllllllllease do your AAM. It often boosts peoples losses and sorts them out - might also help you with feeling so rotten with that little tiny extra bit of energy and help you to get the packs down.

I also think that not getting all the vits and energy and having all your packs will be contributing to feeling ill and hollow etc.

I hope you're ok soon. Try varying your packs, take a look at the recipe sticky and try some stuff!! otherwise, hold your nose and glug it down!! :eek:

You CAN do this. xx

Loverlyjoolz...how is the inch loss coming?

Sometimes the losses don't show on the scales but the tape measure never lies:p

Good luck with diet and I hope you feel better soon

Thanks guys... this site really is great. I've been reading through soe success stories and those along with your posts have really helped me feel a bit more positiive. I'm still GAGGING for a bacon sandwich, but I'm feeling strong enough to resist it now!

Thanks archantgirl, for the kick up the backside! I know I need to be stronger, but its so much easier to slip into self-pity and wallow!

Bluepaws (love the name btw!), thank you for being so encouraging. I'll try to stick at it and not let you down.

Coley - you are absolutely right. I need to just get these packs down me and stop whinging about it. I'll be pinching me nose tonight!!!

And LENNY4974 - I hadn't even thought of that! Excellent point - I shall measure tonight and hopefully it will show something to be pleased with.

Thanks guys, I'm still a bit down, but definitely bouncing back now! :eek:

Hi, hope you are feeling a little bit better today. It's horrible when you feel low, I totally understand. Keep your chin up and let us know how you get on with your weigh in x

Back