Reminder: Super Size Super Skinny

I always think the over weight people in this are brave to be filmed in their undies with everything on show. Wouldn't be me

The American woman looked a lot more than 37 stone

Last edited:
7lb gain in 12 weeks? I turned to OH and said "I could gain that in a weekend :eek: Both their skins had improved no end.

Im 5" 1' before I had my two lovely children I weighed between 7st 7lb & 8st but I never thought I was thin. Maybe it was because I had no boobs, was all on my bottom & legs.
Anyway do you think I should be aiming for this weight again?? I just wont some points of view. Im not sure if my skin would go back & I dont wont peeps to think Im too thin. Sorry this is very off topic. I did watch it, some of it was hard to watch, that poor lady who died.
Anna x x

damn I missed it! I recorded desperate housewives and watched it when I got back from work about 11 last night, and afterwards it said "Supersize v superskinny - tuesday at 8"...DAMN!

I have it on record and series link now though, I love that show! It always acts like mid week motivation for me! x

The american lady i found truly shocking! I honestly found her very repulsive and inspiring in a weird way.

Me too. Personally, I just don't get it. How can anyone let themselves get to such a weight? Surely she must have felt uncomfortable way before getting to that stage? Sorry, but there cannot be any excuse that she thought it was ok!

Me too. Personally, I just don't get it. How can anyone let themselves get to such a weight? Surely she must have felt uncomfortable way before getting to that stage? Sorry, but there cannot be any excuse that she thought it was ok!
I guess that is the nature of eating disorders- there is no logic to it! Same as any addiction. I don't think it's as easy as saying "how can they do it?". If we all had that approach to eating, none of us would be here struggling with our weight. Whether it be 15 stone or 15lb we all have problems that can't be solved that simply

No-one would choose to be that way, but their behaviour isn't logical for a reason- I think that is what this programme sets out to highlight and doesn't set out to judge, but sees the real contributing factors underneath

CP, you are right, but I just don't get it!
When I am overweight I hate it, and do something about it before it mounts up. Never in my life would I get to that stage.
So, I guess I just don't understand.
Sorry if I did sound judgmental, it wasn't intended. It's just that I can't understand, that's all.

OMG I cant believe i missed it! I love this show!! Can you re-watch it sometime??

I like the reminder that it's not just being overweight that is a problem for people and that the problem is at both ends of the scale

xx

It's really difficult isn't it? I get like that sometimes when looking at drinkers/drugtakers/smokers- I just want to say "why don't you just stop?" but then I remember that I have a big battle with my weight, so I have to understand that there is so much more to it than that

My brother-in-law used to say "It's simple to lose weight- just eat less and move more" and I wanted to stab him with my fork. I guess just because something is logical doesn't make it easy.

I guess that woman's legacy will be she inspired us NOT to be like that- it certainly made me upset at how far it can get out of hand, and I am so relieved that I saw sense in time and was able to do something about my own issues (and have the lovely minimins to come to for all it's support, of course!)
x

When I was overweight I told myself I was happy, I was meant to be that way, I couldn't lose weight, I was big boned, I loved food therefore I should be bigger, I was cuddly, I was fun and that I was truly FINE with it all.

Looking back it was not true but it took one photo for it all to sink in.

I was in denial. It was only 3 stone but it could have been so much more if I'd carried on. I thought I was happy though, I had a guy who loved me as I was (or he said he did?) and all was well.

It is tough to understand, my MIL says it all the time - she uses the word FAT a lot (I hate it!) and can't understand how people get overweight, even by a little bit.

It's all about the mindset. Anyway, I digress. I love the programme and I let my 11 year old daughter watch it as I think it teaches the good and bad about over and underweight. I hope she learns from it.

When I was overweight I told myself I was happy, I was meant to be that way, I couldn't lose weight, I was big boned, I loved food therefore I should be bigger, I was cuddly, I was fun and that I was truly FINE with it all.

Looking back it was not true but it took one photo for it all to sink in.

I was in denial. It was only 3 stone but it could have been so much more if I'd carried on. I thought I was happy though, I had a guy who loved me as I was (or he said he did?) and all was well.
This is EXACTLY how I justified things to myself- except with me it went on for years until I got to 19 stone.

I hadn't weighed myself for years and then one day just did and the horror of what I had done to myself hit me and I cried for about 15 hours straight (literally)

That was a massive turning point in my life, but what if I hadn't weighed myself? What would I weigh now? And at what point do you think "sod it- I'm 30 stone now so what's another 2 or 3 going to matter- pass the cake"

my MIL says it all the time - she uses the word FAT a lot (I hate it!) and can't understand how people get overweight, even by a little bit.

It is all so hard to understand.
Your MIL, uses FAT, my MIL uses obese and repulsive every time she sees anyone who is overweight. :( It angers me as she says it in the street! I guess when you are 85 you say your mind, and she does on many subjects... she is totally un PC :(
She weighs 6 stone 12 pounds and thinks she is overweight (she is only 4' 10" though)!! She is actually lucky she isn't overweight as she eats all the wrong things and tells me that I eat unhealthily on SW :(.. anyway that is another story!!

I often found that old people think they can say what they like and have no consciense about it. I remember an old man coming back to the hospital after about a year and saying in front of a gym full of people, " By gaw! You've piled the weight on haven't you?"
I told him in an equally loud voice that my mother had taught me that if you couldn't say anything pleasant not to say anything at all, ,,,,,, and got a round of applause! He never came back.

Couldn't take my eyes off this program! What i don't get is who was helping the american lady, i mean you cannot get like that on your own. If you get so big that it takes six people just to roll you over then it's not like you are getting up and raiding the fridge yourself. Someone must be feeding her, and they have to take some responsibility, i know its hard if you love someone, but i really can't believe that someone would keep feeding her the wrong things when she looks like that, and cannot even breathe for herself.

The supersize woman was def lying about her food intake and i don't know how she thought she would get away with it on TV, she did good at the end though, just hope she educates her mum though on cooking!

As for the skinny one, why couldn't i lose my apetite when i gave birth, if anything mine has tripled! I felt most sorry for her, i couldn't imagine not wanting to eat, and all that coffee, YUK! and having to eat all that fatty food on the food swap must have been traumatic.

Great programme though, good to see them highlighting annorexia and showing that it also affects men. Think most people think of young girls trying to be posh spice!

Did anyone watch last nights??

I have 2 things to say about it one is annoyance and one is a confession.

Annoyance - My OH was half watching it with me and half on the laptop, the girl came on in her underwear and my OH said 'she's not that skinny' i had a bit of a pop at him and when they showed her in clothes he could see my point but how could he not think that looks horrible!!

Confession - This has been bothering me a bit, i can completely relate to the girl on there and the anorexic club when it comes to analysing foods. I follow slimming world properly i'd like to say firstly. But anything i have within my syns that is a bit greasy i feel so guilty about afterwards. I had 2 homemade yorkshires yesterday for a total of 4 syns (35g) and i was guilt ridden all evening. I dont know whats wrong with me. My syns are used, mostly on gravies and stuff and sauces i dont mind but anything with a stogy or greasy feel and i feel awful!! Is there anyone else like this?

xx

Back