removing fat

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by FatGirlSlim81, 21 November 2010 Social URL.

1. FatGirlSlim81

FatGirlSlim81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    when you cook meat do you remove fat before cooking or before eating? im doing roast pork in herbs on red for dinner and wonder if i should remove the fat so the meats lean for me and bake it separately for hubby as crackling lol or bake it as it is and just remove the fat before eating? thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jigglymum

jigglymum Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0.5lb(24.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    good question lol!
    personally i always remove it before cooking as i find it easier an i think it will melt in to the food, (tho it can make some stuff a bit dry)
    xx

4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always remove mine before, as sometimes you find the meat then sits in the fat as it is cooking and I figured it would be far more healthy with the fat removed before.

If you have it on a grill pan or a roasting tin, with one of those metal grill things so the fat drains beneath it, then I would think that would be okay.

5. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I leave it on but cook it on a rack so the fat is under the pork rather than it sitting in the fat. If I didn't have roasting tins with racks I think I'd remove the skin/fat and cook separately for OH.

Denise

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.