REQUEST - creme brulee recipe

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hi all,

Does anyone have a SW or very low syn creme brulee recipe?

Thanks

Ok, I know this thread is originally from 2009 but I just found a creme brulee recipe!

I am absolutely in love with creme brulee at the moment but they are about 16 syns each :eek:

This makes 6 at 2 syns each

Vanilla Creme Brulee

426ml/¾pint skimmed milk
3 eggs
artificial sweetener, to taste
few drops of vanilla extract
6 level tsps caster sugar

1. Heat the milk in a saucepan until it is almost at boiling point. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with some artificial sweetener, until pale and frothy.
2. Pour the hot milk onto the beaten egg and stir well, adding a few drops of vanilla extract. Strain the custard into 6 small ovenproof dishes and stand them in a baking pan. Pour some warm water into the pan around the dishes to come halfway up their sides.
3. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C/Gas 4 for about 40-45 minutes, until set. Remove and cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
4. Sprinkle a tsp of sugar over the top of each custard. Place them under a very hot preheated grill for 1-2 minutes, until the sugar melts and starts to caramelize. Remove immediately before the sugar burns.
5. When the dishes are cool, transfer them to the refrigerator and chill thoroughly before serving them.

I have got some baking right now (I know it's late but I'm not at work tomorrow and I just wanted some ;)) i will update later on how they turned out (although i have made mine with semi-skimmed milk and they are now 4.5 syns per brulee which is a darn sight better than 16 syns!)

And the verdict is.... yum!

Ok, I slightly cheated by not waiting for it to cool before browning the sugar on top so I had it as a warm creme brulee because I was too impatient. lol

Anyway, it was very nice. I may add a touch more vanilla and sweetner when I make them again. Also, I don't think it needs a full tsp of sugar per brulee. I will use 1/2 a tsp of sugar next time and save 1/2 a syn ;) That would mean that if it was made with the skimmed milk it would only be 1.5 syns per brulee.

I LOVE creme brûlée if I wasn't already in bed I would be making this right now!!! How long do you think they will keep once made up in the fridge?? Can't wait to try it tomorrow

I LOVE creme brûlée if I wasn't already in bed I would be making this right now!!! How long do you think they will keep once made up in the fridge?? Can't wait to try it tomorrow
Dunno.. couple of days? :eek: I'm not very good with knowing how long things will last :p

Back