Resisted temptation - and proud!

Slimoncemore

Wants to be slim!
Hi everyone,

I have just returned from a weekend away with my lovely hubby and I'm really pleased as I have done well!

I was determined to have a meal (as we had paid in advance before I started the diet and I can't bear to waste money LOL!) but I wanted to really enjoy the weekend and chill out.

We were at the coast and you can't visit the seaside and not have fish and chips...so I had a cod and removed all the batter for lunch.

In the evening I had a gammon steak and a teeny weeny slice of lemon curd pie. Afterwards in the bar I stuck to sparkling water all night and added a bit of water flavouring.

I had a rasher of bacon and an egg for breakfast -and it was too fatty to my tastebuds! (never thought I'd hear myself say that!!)

I took a bar and had that for lunch and I am back on track now.

My hubby says he is really proud that I resisted all the lovely food and drink but I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to undo the good loss that I had acheived in my first three weeks.

We had a great time - apart from some numpty setting off the fire alarm at 1am - interesting atire some of the guests had in as we congregated in the carpark...mmmm!!

I wasn't good on saturday either but had a 4 mile walk yesterday to try and rectify any damage and have been good since. I too have my 1st weigh in later today!
I' feeling positive and ready for a great week!!

This post sort of came across wrong - and firstly can I apologise for listing the food - it's hard enough without someone putting pictures in your head!

What I was trying to say was that there are going to be times when we are all going to eat - be it either social or personal reasons but we do have a choice how we approach it.

I had this weekend booked before I started the diet and although my hubby supports me all the way I was not going to sit at the hotel and eat nothing while he had a 3 course dinner, the same applied to breakfast - mainly for his sake as he would have felt uncomfortable.

With this in mind I had two options. I could have done as I have done many times before and thought " Oh I'll eat and drink whatever I want and worry about it afterwards" or try to minimise the damage by eating low carb and low calorie as much as possible and not drink alcohol - which is the option I took.

This is why I was pleased with myself - but after writing the post I had visions of people reading it and thinking "why is she pleased - she should not have eaten anything at all"

I believe that this diet has broken that circle of using food as a treat or comfort and I can now take a sensible, levelheaded view of what I eat - I've come a long way in just 3 weeks!

Has anyone else come to that conclusion?

This post sort of came across wrong - and firstly can I apologise for listing the food - it's hard enough without someone putting pictures in your head!

What I was trying to say was that there are going to be times when we are all going to eat - be it either social or personal reasons but we do have a choice how we approach it.

I had this weekend booked before I started the diet and although my hubby supports me all the way I was not going to sit at the hotel and eat nothing while he had a 3 course dinner, the same applied to breakfast - mainly for his sake as he would have felt uncomfortable.

With this in mind I had two options. I could have done as I have done many times before and thought " Oh I'll eat and drink whatever I want and worry about it afterwards" or try to minimise the damage by eating low carb and low calorie as much as possible and not drink alcohol - which is the option I took.

This is why I was pleased with myself - but after writing the post I had visions of people reading it and thinking "why is she pleased - she should not have eaten anything at all"

I believe that this diet has broken that circle of using food as a treat or comfort and I can now take a sensible, levelheaded view of what I eat - I've come a long way in just 3 weeks!

Has anyone else come to that conclusion?
I am with you on that one, that this diet breaks the circle. It makes you not want to cheat. It is slowly dawning on me as to what my relationship with food was and I feel that with my body being so cleansed. No junk food, no alcohol (plus no cigarettes since 27/11/08) that when I do eventually eat food again it will have to be the best ingredients and food that is nutritious and healthy. Why would I want to have a lean healthy body only to poison it with a Big Mac or the like??!! Well done to you, and well done to the rest of us lol

Well done for keeping it under controll, as you say, many of us would have jus written the weekend off for the sake of it but you feel much better knowing you could have....but you chose not to. xx

Back