Total Solution Restart!!!!! Need all the support i can get :)

Wow Noor how clever are you getting into clothes you haven't worn in over a year. Bet that has boosted your confidence to keep going. Another month and they could be too big on you!!! :D
Mere x

I've still got my size 14 and 12 to get into! After I had my son last year I didn't buy any more denims cause I didn't want to get comfy in bigger sizes!! I've been wearing maxi dresses n all since but now I'm actually more determined to get to the size 14 again! If I can knock off these 7kgs till end of feb ill we well pleased!!!

Hi Noor good luck with your new target. I did the same when I had my daughter. It feels so good to get into a smaller size. :D
Mere x

But i still need to shed atleast 5kgs to get into the dress i've bought for my sister's wedding :(

I've been at 87kgs for 3 days now, i'm hoping tmrw i will be in 86kgs?? I really need to get to 85 by this weekend and to make it worse i will be going to my mums for the weekend :( i know they will tempt me with all the junk food they can think of plus curries!!! This is going to be a difficult weekend.....

I guess it depends on what you want more noor..... to please your mum this weekend ? Or to fit into the dress you have got for your sisters wedding. ....
:)
Well done for getting into the 16 jeans :D

I guess it depends on what you want more noor..... to please your mum this weekend ? Or to fit into the dress you have got for your sisters wedding. ....
:)
Well done for getting into the 16 jeans :D

The problem isn't the curries they don't know I'm on a diet...

Hi Noor
I agree with Marge it is all about choices. Why not eat a little of your mum's food but watch what you eat just do WS for the weekend. When is the wedding?
Mere x

They don't need to know you are on a diet if you eat a little and plead that it was so good but you couldn't eat another bite! ;)
Mere x

Wedding is 23rd Feb but they've now decided to do a henna party on the 22nd! You're right I can do ws but I will still need to have my shakes n bar? They will laugh at me if they find out I'm on a liquid diet n that will put me down :(

Don't let anyone put you down. You are the one who is going to look fab in the new dress. 23rd Feb is not very far away so you will have to stay on plan as best you can. Good luck and enjoy the weekend. You are there to see the family not to gorge yourself on food! Just go for it, you can do it. :D
Mere x

I need to write to get this out of my system. Last few weeks have been hell! My father left my mum n therest of his kids cause my sister refused to Marry a guy in Pakistan. He knew she was getting married on the 23rd of this month and he left home just so he isn't a part of the wedding. The restaurant he works at the owner came today n told my mum that dad is blaming her and my brother (who is sick and recovering from leukaemia ). I was so disgusted and appalled that he is accusing them because of his orthodox thinking! I ended up sending him a long text just now and I know I was rude and disrespectful but I didn't know whatelse to do? I hope Allah forgives me. I just hope I haven't made things any worse but then what could be worser than this? Despite writing all this I still don't feel better.......

Noor dear
dont feel bad about the text to your dad. I am sure Allah would rather you told the truth and well done for your bravery. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Your father is the one who should be asking Allah's forgiveness for upsetting the whole family. :)
Mere x

Family crisis's are very testing times Noor. You have shown great strength for staying with the diet !!
You had to do what you felt is right, and that was standing up to your father for the rest of the family.
You were defending others in your family. I hope your father can understand this in time.
Take care :)

Stay strong Noor. Xx

Noor dear
dont feel bad about the text to your dad. I am sure Allah would rather you told the truth and well done for your bravery. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Your father is the one who should be asking Allah's forgiveness for upsetting the whole family. :)
Mere x

Thanks Mere, but just doesn't care. If u have 2 sick children u devote all ur life to them but my dad is the opposite! One brother of mine is recovering from leukaemia and the other has been heart patient since birth..... My dad is selfish he ruined our lives but we still respected him in hope that one day he will realise his mistakes. But sadly it's only encouraged him!

Family crisis's are very testing times Noor. You have shown great strength for staying with the diet !!
You had to do what you felt is right, and that was standing up to your father for the rest of the family.
You were defending others in your family. I hope your father can understand this in time.
Take care :)

Their have been times when I've wanted to quit the diet n binge but then that would give him the satisfaction. He is good at putting me down especially over my weight he always has! I've got fools for siblings in my family if they had said to him what I did months ago things wouldn't have gotten this bad! Like I said in the post above my father is a selfish man.

Last edited:
Weigh-in today at 86.7kg lost 0.4

Hi Noor
I am so sorry about your brothers illnesses that can't be easy for the family especially your mother. I know your culture is different from mine and you treat your parents with a lot more respect. I feel you can only have respect for a person when they deserve it.

My father used to put me down all the time, not about my weight but about my ambition to teach deaf children, he always said I was not clever enough to get a degree. Well I now have a masters degree and I taught deaf children for a very happy 28 years. Funnily enough my father was the one who was so proud of my achievements.

Do not let anyone put you off your goal of achieving the figure you want.

You have been very brave to text your father. You are a strong person and you will achieve all you want to if you have enough will to succeed. There are lots of people on this forum with their own problems but there is a strong spirit of community as we are all striving for the same goal.
Keep on posting and reading and mainly keep on doing what you are doing just now, You can do it. x
Mere x
PS congratulations on your weight loss :D

Well said mere :)

Keep chipping away at the weight noor :)

Back