Restart...so ill, can't remember it being this bad!

susandan

Hi everyone..

Not posted for a long time, my last post a few months ago saying that I'd had these injections in my back for cronic pain, the good effects lasted 2 weeks and the pain continues, just about to have some physio. ...being in pain all the time, just couldn't get back into CD.
Since this pain started back in August 06 (after hols) I've put 2 stone out of 3 & half back on.

Anyway, I started CD again on Wednesday 18th but did add a meal so that was day one and was ok, feeling fine but yesterday (day two) was a completely different kettle of fish.....god was I ill, started at 8.30am with a mild migraine, had a herbal tea, come 11.00am the migraine was getting really bad, by this time I had managed to down about 3 pints of water. As the day went on it got harder and harder to drink the water, every mouthful made me want to be sick and after 1pm that's all I did....sip, vomit, be sick till about 6pm then my daughter went to the chemist to get some tablets for me that you put under your upper lip that supposed to stop you from being sick and vomiting, I think they took the edge off it but major migraine -
I managed two packs all day but I think they came straight back up, it was awful.
About 8pm I my hubby insisted I had something to eat, so he did me a small scrabbled egg (not butter, no mild) with a few mushrooms, I managed half of it! Hubby was convinced it was a bug and not a carb withdrawal!
Still got a bit of a bad head this morning, hoping it doesn't turn worse.
Anyone else ever had it this bad, last time I never had anything like this, could this be a serious carb withdrawal?

Cheers
Susan

I had the exact same carb withdrawal on my second restart on cambridge but its only happened once, I didn't even have a carb fest before restarting. You are over it now though, the worst is over and your 4lb lighter, woohoo.

Another thing, I only drink decaf tea and coffee, so I'm sure it's no a caffeine withdrawal..

can't add to my first post, there is no edit post at the bottom of my post

I know exactly how you feel. I'm on the 2nd day and I feel absolutely crap!! Medical term. I've had a migraine all day, have taken loads of painkillers and drank plenty of water but its not shifting. I just want to go to bed and hopefully wake up in the morning feeling better but I can't cos the kids are outside playing and hubbie is away bowling.

it will get better won't it........

Andrea x

I had bad carb withdrawl yesterday but feel fine today and definately in ketosis and my scales say i've lost 7lbs since Tuesday!

Back