Restarting after failed IVF

Shortiesmith

Hi! :wavey:

I lost 18lbs back in Feb to qualify for NHS IVF funding. We finished our first cycle at the beginning of August and I have gained a stone :sigh:. I now need to get my BMI back down to below 30 by the end of September, so I am re-starting CD tomorrow. Have had no appetite for a few weeks anyway so figured I won't be too bothered if I can't eat!

Anyone else been through IVF & tried to shift the weight gain?

Good luck to everyone!

Hey shortiesmith..
Welcome back and sorry to here your first attempt of IVF was not a success.. I too had IVF with my first little boy and my 2nd attempt was successful!! So sending you lots of positive vibes your way.. If you have any questions give me a shout.. I see your in Essex I am too.. where are you having your IVF. x

Thanks Curlywurly! We are at ISIS in Colchester, really hoping the 2nd attempt works for us too!

Hey Shortie good luck. I am trying to lose weight to be eligible for IVF too - at Colchester!

Wow Guru - you're doing really well! I had to lose 9lbs to qualify for IVF, was told in Jan to come back in June after I'd lost it. Decided I wasn't happy to wait that long so I found Cambridge! Lost double the weight and brought my apt forward to March! Its amazing what can be done when we have such an important goal hey! Good luck with your weight loss and your cycle!

I was told yesterday we need to have ivf but my bmi is 33 and needs to be 30 or below to qualify, think that works out about 18lbs I need to lose too so am going back on ss (was on 1000 ish!). Got next appt in 2 months. Don't have much time to waste as am 39 in November and the cut off point is 40 isn't it!

Good luck, hope the next round works for you x

Hi Pickles!

Sorry you've got to have IVF. Like you say, you need to get your BMI down sharpish, but there's no better reason. Do you have another apt set or have you just got to apply when your BMI is down? Will that be on NHS?

Good luck with SS

Hi Shortie

I am waiting for my next appointment to come through it should be in 2 months time, in the meantime I have several blood tests to have and they're also referring me to the dietitian. Yes it will be on the NHS luckily.

I've been meaning to get back on track after a few months of cheating and doing 810 and 1000 and this has finally given me the kick up the arse.

Do you have a timescale you have to get the weight off by?

Good luck.

We are hopefully going again in October (have to wait three cycles after the failed one) so I am starting 100% on 1st September. I'm at the V festival this weekend and we have a planned weekend away for Bank Holiday so I don't want to be too restrictive then. My clinic said I could still be bloated for another month :eek: so not sure how easily it will come off! It is certainly the hardest weight I've had to shift.

hi,

i just wanted to wish u well on your next ivf aswell as your weight loss and to say dont give up! i was told for years id never have a 2nd child, i had a twin ectopic due to ivf, had the tube removed and the remaining tube was so badly damaged as was my womb and so was then advised to not have anymore ivf as even if i became pregnant, id not carry to term due to all the damage. but i also responded badly to the drugs and hormones which made me very poorly and i over stimulated.

so, we gave up, moved on to the best we could, 4 years on i did LL and lost nearly 3 stone taking me to 12 stone to then find i was starting to gain weight! to cut a long story short, i discovered i was 3 mths pregnant, didnt have a clue it had occured as the 'deed' only took place once in the qualifying month! and i was on the pill, not as a contraceptive but to stabilize my hormones. so was the biggest shock i could ever have encountered!! we now have a beautiful baby boy who is now 12 weeks old and doing great (see my photo album!). for me, the doctors were wrong and we got our little miracle after a 12 year battle, so miracles do happen!!!

wishing u lots and lots of luck and best wishes from one essex girl to another xxxx

We are hopefully going again in October (have to wait three cycles after the failed one) so I am starting 100% on 1st September. I'm at the V festival this weekend and we have a planned weekend away for Bank Holiday so I don't want to be too restrictive then. My clinic said I could still be bloated for another month :eek: so not sure how easily it will come off! It is certainly the hardest weight I've had to shift.

Good luck, just stick to it and you'll get the weight off and fingers crossed your next try will be successful. I got my appointment through for my next appt which is also in Oct so i'll be thinking of you x

Back