My quest for balance

What is your step target then? Here's me all like "ooh I've done my 10000 steps"!! Seems a bit rubbish now!!

Thanks for the info on the crisps, I'll have to have a look around for them. I've had some from m&s before but they only have smoky bacon flavour. I'm going to start eating the same lunch to see if it's easier for me too! I vary my snacks a bit and breakfast on the weekend.

You'll be sorry you asked - lol! I'm not in control of my step target - my viofit sets it and I can't change it :mad:. When I first got it, it started me off with a target of 8,500 but I walk a lot during my commute so it kept increasing it. It now has me on 15,500 which I can manage but only if I go for a walk at lunchtime AND do some exercise after work. Which is fine - I get that it's supposed to challenge you to move more but I'm stuck in a (entirely one-sided) battle of wills with it as I don't want to be beaten by a wrist band! Plus I kind of want to see how far it'll keep going! As I say, I need to get a grip!!!

Ive tried the m&s crisps before but I think Burts are much nicer.

Food today was:
breakfast - usual
snack - pineapple
lunch - Cajun chicken beast in a brioche bun with a bit of bbq sauce
snack - apple
dinner - rump steak & pepper salad, mini naan & dollop of Greek yogurt
snack - lentil crisps
total cals - 1,381 ( estimated lunch but there's a bit of wiggle room if I underestimated).

big scary presentation at work tomorrow so can't wait to get that over and done with :sigh:

Wow that's quite the challenge then! I'm extremely glad that I only have a Fitbit cos there is no way I could do that many steps!

Good luck with your presentation!

I love how you are competing with it!

I'm glad my fitbit doesn't do that as if eventually get to a point where I'd never be able to sit still! !!!!

Wow that's quite the challenge then! I'm extremely glad that I only have a Fitbit cos there is no way I could do that many steps!

Good luck with your presentation!

Yes - I think Fitbit sounds much better. I may be in the market for one of those in a few months! And thanks - the presentation went well and I am SO glad it's over and done with AND I didn't stress eat for once :)

I love how you are competing with it!

I'm glad my fitbit doesn't do that as if eventually get to a point where I'd never be able to sit still! !!!!

I know - I'll have to get one of those treadmill desks like Victoria Beckham if it carries on!

Food today - all the usual meals and snacks at work, then pork kway teow for dinner. Total cals - 1,320.

Looking forward to my Friday chocolate already. I've bought it and put in the cupboard already so that I won't be tempted by other stuff (more chocolate!) when I'm all tired on my way home tomorrow. Friday afternoons are my worst time for falling off the wagon but I've got an appointment after work so won't get home till 7 and then it'll be dinner time so hopefully it won't be a problem this week.

Food today:
breakfast - yogurt & granola
snack - pear, 2 rice thins & cashew butter
lunch - sweet chilli chicken salad & mini naan
snack - snack-a-jacks
dinner -Nasi goreng, Boost
total cals - 1,410

Had my Universal Contour Wrap this afternoon - took ages and was bloody uncomfortable, especially when I needed the loo 40 mins in and had to wait another 20 mins before she came to unwrap me -lol! It was well worth it though as I lost 15inches overall - about an inch from most of the measurement points and 2 from my hips and bum :D

Weigh-in tomorrow - should be down 1lb at least though it will be interesting to see if the wrap has an effect either way.

Busy weekend ahead so will just do the best I can.....

Ooh sounds interesting! What does that involve?

Good luck for your weigh in. I was too much of a scaredy cat to weigh this week! I'm sure you'll get more than a pound!

Ooh sounds interesting! What does that involve?

Good luck for your weigh in. I was too much of a scaredy cat to weigh this week! I'm sure you'll get more than a pound!
2lb off so very pleased! I'm a stone down in 6 weeks :eek: though I'm not counting it as achieving my goal as I started at 11st 10 1/2lbs so want to get this pesky half pound off. I'll be ere next week hopefully.

The wrap involves being wrapped up like a mummy in clay soaked bandages then wrapped in a space blanket for an hour. It's horrid - the bandages are cold and clammy and you can only take shallow breaths - but it was worth an hour of discomfort for that result!

On track today so far with food and exercise. Meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon then dinner at the parents - not sure what it'll be but I can guarantee it will involve massive portions knowing my mum so I will have to be careful!

Well done on the 2lbs, that's fantastic x

Yeah well done on your loss!!

Thanks both :)

yesterday came in within cals:
Breakfast - weetabix minis, yogurt
Lunch - bacon sandwich, lentil crisps, choc mousse
Snack - cappuccino
Dinner - mum-style salad! Lemon chicken, 1/2 boiled egg, spoonful tomato & basil pasta, mixed salad, tbsp salad cream, 2 slices garlic baguette. Bowl fruit salad
Total cals - 1,454

today involves a bbq - not great weather for it unfortunately and probably some birthday cake so I'm expecting to end up over target today but it's the first time in weeks so I cant imagine it'll do too much damage.

Back home now after a lovely weekend catching up with friends and family :)
Surprisingly managed to to stay in cals today - mainly due to it being so cold at the bbq that I ended up not eating much so I could go back inside as quickly as possible - lol!

Breakfast - Weetabix minis
Snack - fruit salad
Lunch - 1 1/2 chipolatas, 1 finger roll, 2 jerk chicken strips, 1/3 pork loin steak, chicken and pepper skewer, salad. Strawberry pavlova with whipped cream (yum)
Dinner -1 egg omelette with cheese and ham, beans
Total cals -1,368 (though may have underestimated the pavlova as it was homemade but should be under my 1,500 cal target anyway)

Despite losing a stone so far, no one has noticed! I'm thinking it's because when I gain or lose weight it goes on/comes off all over, so maybe nobody had noticed me gain weight this year. Well, I can see the difference anyway :D

Back home now after a lovely weekend catching up with friends and family :)
Surprisingly managed to to stay in cals today - mainly due to it being so cold at the bbq that I ended up not eating much so I could go back inside as quickly as possible - lol!

Breakfast - Weetabix minis
Snack - fruit salad
Lunch - 1 1/2 chipolatas, 1 finger roll, 2 jerk chicken strips, 1/3 pork loin steak, chicken and pepper skewer, salad. Strawberry pavlova with whipped cream (yum)
Dinner -1 egg omelette with cheese and ham, beans
Total cals -1,368 (though may have underestimated the pavlova as it was homemade but should be under my 1,500 cal target anyway)

Despite losing a stone so far, no one has noticed! I'm thinking it's because when I gain or lose weight it goes on/comes off all over, so maybe nobody had noticed me gain weight this year. Well, I can see the difference anyway :D

It took about 2 stones before anyone noticed I'd lost anything I think because I was losing it all over. ... its really obvious now but that's at 5 stone down so you'd have to be blind to miss it!

Keep going with it, when people do notice they'll notice in a big way instead of just a little x

I find that my family never comment and I think it's a mixture of losing it all over and as harsh as it sounds, I think they like that I'm the chubby one and don't like the fact that I'm threatening their status as the slim ones! If anyone would comment it would be my dad. And that's cos he's not threatened! My work friends are very good-they're supportive of my healthy eating and always tell me how good I look. Maybe I'm talking nonsense but that's what I think - it makes it easier to accept that no one comments if that's how I think of it.

I find that my family never comment and I think it's a mixture of losing it all over and as harsh as it sounds, I think they like that I'm the chubby one and don't like the fact that I'm threatening their status as the slim ones! If anyone would comment it would be my dad. And that's cos he's not threatened! My work friends are very good-they're supportive of my healthy eating and always tell me how good I look. Maybe I'm talking nonsense but that's what I think - it makes it easier to accept that no one comments if that's how I think of it.

No, that makes sense. My mum can be funny about weight too - she spent most of my teenage years telling me I was chubby and encouraging me to diet, but as an adult she only comments whrn ive lost weight and that's usually to tell me I'm looking ' tired and gaunt'. It drives my husband nuts but I just ignore it now! I think when I get to the low 10s, people will start to notice -which is fine as I don't want to make a big deal about it anyhow!

Good day:
Breakfast - Weetabix minis & yogurt
Lunch - Turkey and branston sandwich, skips, Choc mousse
Snack - 4 pineapple rings
Dinner - paella
Snack - lentil crisps
Total cals - 1,360

Back to work tomorrow but only a 3 day week.

Back