restarting. . . . again! NEED A SLIMMING WORLD FRIEND

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I am doing ok, had a rough couple of days due to being out and was last minute so didn't get to plan anything, but still determined to do this. I am needing to think of some new meals, getting a little bored, though I had steak, chips and loads of veg the other day and that was really nice. Weight wise I had a gain weigh-in just gone, but totally expected due to not planning the outings and not having healthy food available, but I have been good keeping to my 15 syns a day since that blip and the weight is coming back off (already lost the weight I had gained, and have another 4days until I next weigh).

How are the rest of you doing? Anyone needing a little support? I have been craving chocolate etc (but think this is down to being due on, am also late on this month too so struggling with the cravings for longer than normal), I so far have been good and keeping the cravings under control and have opted for the healthier option of special k chewy cereal bars (5syns each) and they are so yummy! rather than chocolate bars.

I need a buddy....got very little motivation and will power....

Hi ladies...I bob in and out of here and have never managed to stick to anything long enough to lose a decent amount of weight...but have never been above 13stone until I weighed today at 13st 2lbs. Ive been looking through pictures taken a few years back when I was about 10 and a half stone and I looked fab...I would LOVE to regain that confident. Im only 26 and to feel this low about myself due to my weight is depressing - I want to feel attractive again!! I did SW for a few weeks and did OK but I teach and we had Ofsted in at work - I lost loads of weight through stress but it threw me completely and I started overeating again afterwards. I dont want to have to pay for the meetings as we are short on cash and i'd rather spend the £5 on a gym session or zumba class, so that's what Im going to try and do. Mondays are my weigh-in days so Im going to try and monitor my own weight from home. Im hoping to come here more often to try and keep myself going! I can happily avoid things like chocolate/crisps...it's take-aways and meals out that are my downfall - I just cannot say NO. Good luck to everyone else with their weight loss, im looking forward to beating this flab with you all!!!! :D

Im at my heaviest now at 14 stone. I eat crap everyday its like an addiction.i enjoy fatty foods. Not a good start been at sw 4 weeks but keep putting bits back on due to not eating as i should. Need support from u guys....

Hi ladies...I bob in and out of here and have never managed to stick to anything long enough to lose a decent amount of weight...but have never been above 13stone until I weighed today at 13st 2lbs. Ive been looking through pictures taken a few years back when I was about 10 and a half stone and I looked fab...I would LOVE to regain that confident. Im only 26 and to feel this low about myself due to my weight is depressing - I want to feel attractive again!! I did SW for a few weeks and did OK but I teach and we had Ofsted in at work - I lost loads of weight through stress but it threw me completely and I started overeating again afterwards. I dont want to have to pay for the meetings as we are short on cash and i'd rather spend the £5 on a gym session or zumba class, so that's what Im going to try and do. Mondays are my weigh-in days so Im going to try and monitor my own weight from home. Im hoping to come here more often to try and keep myself going! I can happily avoid things like chocolate/crisps...it's take-aways and meals out that are my downfall - I just cannot say NO. Good luck to everyone else with their weight loss, im looking forward to beating this flab with you all!!!! :D

Hiya. I don't go to slimming world group at the moment as we haven't got the money either. I also don't go to the gym as again we can't afford it. I walk everywhere if possible and play on the wii fit etc which is all free to do.
I weigh myself on thursdays at home in the morning.
You could try coming up with something similar to your fav take aways that is alot healthier as you make it yourself at home (yes I know it's not the same as you have to make it but better than gaining weight through eating crap), then treat yourself to a take away once a fortnight say.
And if you are cutting down on take away you might have a little extra cash to treat yourself as rewards along the way ;)
I am 27 and after having 4kids I want to get back to my slimmer self (I lost most of it 2years ago then I went through some bad times and bam all the weight went back on) really annoyed with myself for letting myself get to this weight but I have the determination to do it!

Good luck and pop back if you need more support or just want to vent about a bad day to stop you heading to the phone for a take away! :)

Im at my heaviest now at 14 stone. I eat crap everyday its like an addiction.i enjoy fatty foods. Not a good start been at sw 4 weeks but keep putting bits back on due to not eating as i should. Need support from u guys....

Hey there, I know what you mean. I have found not being as strict this time round and using most of my 15syns a day has stopped me binging on crap. Will admit I have had some days recently where I was stressed and so tempted to say stuff it and have a binge on chocolate but then I remind myself where I want to be weight wise and how unhappy I am now with my body, then I have something small like a 2finger kitkat or a small toffee crisp snack size or if I want something bigger but with few syns I go for the special k choc chewy delight cereal bar, I enjoy it and then get back into the frame of mind of needing to lose this weight, and so far this tactic has worked for me, just make sure you can stop yourself from going over the top. The worst thing you can do in my experience is trying to go against the craving and not having any choc atall as it catches up on you and ends in a binge.

Hope this helps you a little :) and come and let us know how you do :)

I think also it would be sooooo much easier if it was only me I had to feed - when I was single I just threw salads together or healthy pasta type things, quick and easy...now I live with OH who is diabetic and a bit fussy (he doesn't like salad, or pasta...) so the majority of our foods are meat/potato/veg type things.

I can cook casseroles/chili con carne/currys that are fairly low fat but aside from those im struggling for ideas...when Im at work spending ages in the kitchen fills me with dread because I am so busy and tired! I can have salads etc while he has things like prawn baguettes, but it involes preparing two meals (I know he would do his own if I asked but think it would drive me MORE mad watching him burn things etc and get in my way :p)

I think also it would be sooooo much easier if it was only me I had to feed - when I was single I just threw salads together or healthy pasta type things, quick and easy...now I live with OH who is diabetic and a bit fussy (he doesn't like salad, or pasta...) so the majority of our foods are meat/potato/veg type things.

I can cook casseroles/chili con carne/currys that are fairly low fat but aside from those im struggling for ideas...when Im at work spending ages in the kitchen fills me with dread because I am so busy and tired! I can have salads etc while he has things like prawn baguettes, but it involes preparing two meals (I know he would do his own if I asked but think it would drive me MORE mad watching him burn things etc and get in my way :p)

I know how you are feeling there. When my husband first moved it and I was trying to do the slimming world plan he out right said he wasn't going to eat it as it's too healthy, it was a struggle. Now I have him eating what I eat and so do our kids. At the end of the day if they don't eat what I make them then they can starve lol.
I started off with spag bol (can even do this up in a jacket spud instead of with pasta as thats what I do with left over sauce for the next day), roast dinners, irish stew (a fav in our family), syn free chips, eggs and beans (i usually cook the kids some fish fingers or something to go with theirs) and healthy mash, beans and quorn sausages (i cook hubby and kids normal sausages to go with their meal). Because these were so close to what he used to eat (just minus the fat) he ate them no probs and now I have him joining in with me eating jacket potato and salad (it took over a year to get there as he did not like healthy food at all when we first met lol).

Sometimes though we eat different meals if we are both not very hungry, my hubby will have a sandwich while I have a syn free super noodles for instance if the kids are at school.

There are soooo many different meals that are very healthy but very tasty too, that alot of people don't even realize is on a "diet plan" until you tell them. My fav for a treat is steak, syn free chips and loads of super free veggies :)

Hiya all,

I'm a restarter to slimming world. One that's struggling to get restarted. My main meals a day are difficult to control as my mum does the shopping. So you sort of get what she buys. But I'm determined to try take over cooking again and control what I eat that way. Luckily it's salad time of the year right now, so trying to get as many veggies in that way, and also making sure we have at least one veg with dinner. The difficult thing is that I work shifts. So sometimes I get back and my meal is made for me. I often find it difficult to find stuff for my lunches at work we do have a microwave. We think its attached to a nuclear reactor somewhere as its not like any normal microwave it super cooks things!

Hope you don't mind me joining in, off to find some ideas for lunches now!

Liz

Hi there

I've just started SW again too and have been searching through lots of posts to motivate me. Do you of you guys exercise? I find that because I do alot I often over eat beliving that I'm allowed to!. Anyone agree? X

Hiya all,

I'm a restarter to slimming world. One that's struggling to get restarted. My main meals a day are difficult to control as my mum does the shopping. So you sort of get what she buys. But I'm determined to try take over cooking again and control what I eat that way. Luckily it's salad time of the year right now, so trying to get as many veggies in that way, and also making sure we have at least one veg with dinner. The difficult thing is that I work shifts. So sometimes I get back and my meal is made for me. I often find it difficult to find stuff for my lunches at work we do have a microwave. We think its attached to a nuclear reactor somewhere as its not like any normal microwave it super cooks things!

Hope you don't mind me joining in, off to find some ideas for lunches now!

Liz

Hi Liz. I have been struggling a bit recently. My weight loss has almost come to a halt this past week or so and it got me down as I have been keeping within my syn allowance and I felt like giving up, but I really want to shift this weight. I thought maybe my body just needed a bit of a kick start again, so I went calorie controlled for just one day (stayed below 1500kcal) and went back on plan. This seems to have worked and I am losing weight again, so I am very glad I didn't go eating junk food and ruin what I have already achieved.

Maybe you could talk to your mum and tell her you are trying to eat healthier? Show her your books (if you have them), show her how you can still have the same kind of meals but just cooked in a different way (e.g with fry light instead of oil or butter, and filling spag bol with loads more veggies etc). Maybe go online together and get some slimming world friendly recipes which you both think look nice.

Luckily I don't have the problem of my mum doing the shopping and cooking as I don't live with her, but I have cooked up extra Sheppard's pie, stew and hot pot and taken it over to my parent's for them to try and they didn't even realize it was a slimming world recipe until I told them. So you could show your mum that just by cooking things differently and cooking from scratch, you can eat healthily without too much more effort.

As for the working shifts, I do know how that feels as I am a shift worker too. I usually pack a special k chewy delight bar (5syns) or hi-fi bar (healthy extra or 6syns) for a snakc along with some fruit, and for my meals (12hr shifts) I usually take something left over from tea the night before (lasagne, stew etc) to heat in the microwave (we have a fridge to keep things in at work) and things like mug shots (pasta ones) with syn free yogurt. You could also do jacket potato with the micro tubs of baked beans that you can buy. I did struggle with food at work for a while but I am ok now, it's just finding quick and easy things that you can have.

Let us know how you get on :)

Hi there

I've just started SW again too and have been searching through lots of posts to motivate me. Do you of you guys exercise? I find that because I do alot I often over eat beliving that I'm allowed to!. Anyone agree? X

I am still recovering from having a baby 7months ago. I am still suffering from SPD which is basically painful hips and lower back, so all I can do is the exercises given to me to help strengthen my ligaments (not really a weight busting move lol) and walking. I could do swimming but I am way too self conscious for that.

I haven't really had much of an appetite lately, but I think it's due to the weather.

The main thing you need to remember is you eat only until you are full. If you feel hungry then eat but if you are just bored then find something to do like going for a walk or reading a book :)

Im trying again but I really really want to give this a real and proper go this time!!! Want to lose 4st3lbs!

Hi all, I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. How are you all doing?

Terri, I had SPD with both my girls (They are 6 & 7) now and suffered terribly. I spent 3 years in total on crutches and it was one of the reasons for my weight gain initially as I went from being very active to housebound.

Although I still have tenderness in that region (mostly when it's cold) I can now do lots that I never thought I would do again but it was a long road to recovery with the help of a wonderful physiotherapist. You have my sympathy and I hope you recover soon. It is a horrible condition, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :(

I'm another SW restarter! I had some real success with it back in 2010 but I've since moved in with my boyfriend and the weight has heaped back on. The challenge is going to be cooking for the two of us I think, as last time I was living on my own and had no one else to consider. Still, it's up to me!

I am still recovering from having a baby 7months ago. I am still suffering from SPD which is basically painful hips and lower back, so all I can do is the exercises given to me to help strengthen my ligaments (not really a weight busting move lol) and walking. I could do swimming but I am way too self conscious for that.

I haven't really had much of an appetite lately, but I think it's due to the weather.

The main thing you need to remember is you eat only until you are full. If you feel hungry then eat but if you are just bored then find something to do like going for a walk or reading a book :)

Hope everything is going well for you - just wanted to say re: the swimming - it was probably the longest walk I ever took from the changing room to the water but I am so glad I did it. Now I realise there are loads of people go to the pool who are the same size and even much bigger than me and I just don't really notice - and obviously they don't notice either.
When I was 16 I had a problem with a girl at school (changed schools in last year due to parental bereavement) - she just didn't like me and used every opportunity to run me down and get her "friends" to as well. I went to the local pool one day and she made some comment about a beached whale (I was 5ft 5 and 11 1/2 stone and you know I never went swimming again .... oh I made every excuse - no swimsuit, lose a stone first, too tired, too expensive but the truth is I let her dictate how I felt about swimming for all those years.
Fast forward 20 - yes 20 years and I'm crying because my ex wont take the kids swimming and his sister was going to take them but let me down - again. At 16 stone plus I was too fat to go swimming ..... but you know what I wasn't. I got a M and S ultimate control swimsuit size 22 and quite literally took the plunge. That was only 4 months ago and now I am 13 stone 10lb, my size 16 swimsuit will soon need to be downsized. I love swimming, it's great for toning and time to just gather your thoughts. I do an aqua class, take the kids once a week and go off on my own for a Sunday swim every other week.
I can't explain how easy it is to break a lifetime belief, once you do it, there's no going back. Don't be self conscious - go do it! x

I'm a struggler - had a brief go at SW in 2007 with my mum but only lasted a couple of weeks at it because she is agoraphobic and really struggled to get out to meetings. I would love to have/be a SW support partner via text/e-mail as I think it's really valuable to be accountable to one or two key people and I don't have that in group so much yet :(

Back