Restarting atkins for the 100th time!

TinaR

Ok so here goes I have been on many diets and although some have been successful I have then gone on to become pregnant which has hindered them and I have now struggled to get down to a weight I am happy with since having my youngest child 2 years ago.

I restarted the Atkins diet on Tuesday 11th December 2012 and am finding it ok so far.

I weigh a whopping 16st 12lbs now, its the heaviest I have ever been but I put it down to comfort eating during stressful times. I am hoping to become 12st. I would like to be less than that but feel at present it is an unrealistic goal.

I will update here every Tuesday with my weight loss/stall/gain.

Starting weight 11/12/12: 16st 12lbs

Hiya hun and welcome :)

Just want to say ur goal IS achievable!! I started at 15.10 in jan this year and I'm now 10.10, I never in a million years thought ii would get to where I am, my ultimate goal is to be between 8.5 and 9 stone before my wedding sept 2013.

Please post on ur diary more than once a week if u have time, it's a great motivation, and we like to have a good natter haha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will post more often I think I need to really to keep me motivated and wow on your weight loss! I'm expecting the weight loss to be a little slower this time around and not as quick as when I did Akins the first time but its no biggie just as long as I see the scales going down! I am proud of myself as I completely ignored The roast potatoes that were sitting at the pub earlier whereas times before I would have ate loads of them. I am a little concerned about Christmas though as I do love Yorkshire puddings and stuffing so that's gonna be a real challenge for me but I don't want to jeopardise my weight loss so I will stick with it.

Yep definatly :)

Well done on resisting the roasties and well done on starting in dec too! It's a hard time to start a new diet. I'm taking a break over Xmas because of dieting all year. I did do a vlcd a few years ago over Xmas though, it's challenging but if ur derernined ull do it :)

Xxx

Have you stalled at all since starting atkins? Did it last long? That's the thing I dread most to be honest.

I lost most my weight on a vlcd, then abit on juddd and now atkins. i stalled for 5 months, every diet i tried wouldnt work so i came to atkins and it started moving again, seems only ketosis diets work for me. I'm on my 5th week of Atkins and have had my first sts this week. Sometime you can get a sts for a week or two then a whoosh, I've learnt u just have to stick with it an it will pay off :) xxx

So tomorrow is my 1st weekly weigh in. I can't really notice any loss even though i have been weighing myself daily and it shows up on the scales i have lost weight, but I believe after a couple of weeks I should do.

Only thing is I'm noticing I'm coming out in spots? Anybody else had this? I'm drinking around 7-8 pints of water a day, do I need to drink more?

Still feeling positive and am rarely hungry now!

Woohoo well done!! Xxxx

Back