Restarting SS after losing 6.5 st in 2008

LizDesigns

Silver Member
Well i'm pleased to be back, even if I am ashamed it's because i've nearly put on all of the weight I lost first time around.
I've had a wee nosey around the forum and there's alot of new faces, although I have spotted a few familiar ones too. :)
A wee bit of background was that I started this amazing diet on the 7th of April 2008 and by the Oct had hit my target and then some.
I truly thought I would keep it off but my problem was I just didn't keep track on the scales and before I knew it I was 5 stone heavier again. :sigh:
Well this is it, this time i'm losing the weight and planning to keep it off for good. I was worrying about the time of year that i've chosen to start this but after looking through a few posts it's lovely to see all of the positivity that is surrounding this time of year.
This forum was a huge inspiration and provided immense support and motivation the first time around and I know it will be the same again.
So hi from me and i'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. :D

Welcome back hun :) I lost 5 stone in 2008 and back again to try again (and hopefully not fall pregnant again!)

Welcome back hun :) I lost 5 stone in 2008 and back again to try again (and hopefully not fall pregnant again!)

Hi Kimmie,

You were actually one of the names I recognised. I was having a look at your photos and you've done so well. Good for you at not having put the weight back on, especially after being pregnant.
Good luck in the rest of your journey :D

Welcome back Liz! Good luck with your restart xxx

Welcome back Liz! Good luck with your restart xxx
Another familiar face, and looks like congratulations are in order :D
I'm presuming you're not doing CD at the moment??? lol

welcome back, liz x

Welcome! I'd be one of those new faces, but hi anyway.

Another familiar face, and looks like congratulations are in order :D
I'm presuming you're not doing CD at the moment??? lol

You presume right! Will need to do something about my weight gain once baby is here, I am considering the options!

xxx

Hi and welcome back! I didn't post much on this site back in 2008 I was more on the cd website but have back here as it friendlier to loose some more! It's so easy to put it back on! :)

i remember you well! i did it the same time in 08 and then fell pregnant in Nov. been trying to lose the last stone since may this year. boo!

Hi hun

Welcome back! Good luck with your restart! Xx

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome back.
Well day 2 nearly done and i've found it suprisingly easy this time around. I had been warned by many including my counsellor that the 2nd time is alot harder. But so far so good. :D

Hi Hun,

Good luck with the re-start. I'm also re-starting after gaining a couple of stone and refusing to put on any more!

Are you still finding it okay? I find that when your head's in the right place it makes it so much easier.

Keep going hun!

Hi Hun,

Good luck with the re-start. I'm also re-starting after gaining a couple of stone and refusing to put on any more!

Are you still finding it okay? I find that when your head's in the right place it makes it so much easier.

Keep going hun!

Thanks for the support. It's great that you've restarted after just putting on 2 stone, wish i'd had the mindset to restart then, lol.
I'm on day 3 and fingers crossed everything's going fine.
Good luck with your restart too :D

Thanks for the support. It's great that you've restarted after just putting on 2 stone, wish i'd had the mindset to restart then, lol.
I'm on day 3 and fingers crossed everything's going fine.
Good luck with your restart too :D

Hi Liz,

The reason I'm re-starting now is because i gave all my clothes away last time and can't really afford to buy more :eek:
Everythings that little bit too tight and I can't face seeing the Xmas photos looking like this!

I'm on day 2 here, but I'm having a small meal of chicken in the evening as I find this works better for me.

Well done for getting to day 3. Have you struggled at all?

x

Hello and welcome back! It is great that you are doing so well, like Chelle said, if you are in the right mind set then it is so much easier - if you had started earlier then maybe you would have sabotaged it and made CD become the enemy, when in fact as you know it is a miracle when you stick to it!

I too lost weight in late 2007/2008, stuck to it religiously and lost 5 stone (yay) but I had to give it up before I got to my target because of financial reasons - I was gutted and not ready to face 'normal ' food and gradually slipped back into old habits. So here I am now exactly 3yrs (and another baby) later and ready to get to target and go through the proper maintenance plan (sod the money - I'll sell a child if needs be!! lol) but by hook or by crook I will complete this! And so will you.
Good luck,
Katy xxx

Welcome Back.

I restarted yesterday too, as been naughty and want to get back to where i was in jan last year.

Back