Restarting with calorie counting

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Hi folks,

I've spent much of my life dieting, as I expect many of you have. I lost a lot of weight on lighter life but over the last 2 years I've allowed myself to gain half of it back.

I tend to focus best when calorie counting, so that's what I'm doing now. I'm 17st 7lbs and probably happy to get to around 14st.

I tend to fail when something goes wrong - even just one bad day can do it.

I've started hitting the gym and building my way up to an hour a day. If I can do that and stick to my 1800 cal max, the weight will fly off. Just need to do both!

Hope everyone is doing well and hope to get to know people like I did in the LL part of mini ins, as the support was amazing.

Take care,
Andy

That's really impressive loss, your plan of action sounds good, an hour a day is impressive (I do an hour 3 times a week, sometimes 2 hours on one of the days, but I am just a sweaty mess by that point!)

Very cute rattie in your display picture too :)

Hey! I'm pretty much same start weight as you and pretty much same history...kinda same plN although I don't go near gyms!! I'm doing Davina DVD (no wonder she looks so good..it's killer) 3 times a week and trying to get at least 30 min power walk in daily.

Forums on MFp have totally freaked me out with people telling me too much of this that or other when my net cals for day are 800!! So I'm avoiding the forums!

MFp gave me 1330 and I'm aiming between 1200-1400 daily!

Been a good week so far. I'm doing between 60 and 70 mins a day (only 3 days a week just now but aiming for 4 next week). Will take a few weeks before I can do 5 a week at that levels. Feels amazing when I finish a session.

Have kept under 1700 calls a day every day but usually between 1500 and 1600. I am using MFP but had to tell it I wanted to lose 1.5lbs a week instead of 2, as it wanted me to eat fewer cals than I think safe for a bloke my size and age.

I realised that the gym work will also help tone me up as well as lose weight, so it's extra incentive to do this.

Back