Restarts

Springador

Lots of us are on re-starts some more than others.
I am just curious to know how long people have been trying with re-starts and when its time to say 'give up it aint never gonna happen'.

I have been trying to re-start now for 18 months after a successful first time loss of 2 stone, I am now 4 stone heavier the heaviest I have ever been but still I continue to keep trying, refusing to give up. I know in my heart that I will crack it again which is why I cant give up.

Hmm.

Well, as the saying goes, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got...

And one thing's for sure, if you go into any diet thinking you're bound to fail, well, there's a good chance you will.

Having said that, I don't think any of us here are naive enough to believe that it's absolutely definitely going to be all right this time. And the wondrous thing about posting on this forum is that you're surrounded by people who've tried countless diets but kept trying - and are succeeding.

The best advice I can give is not to aim so high (or too low, if we're talking about weight issues). Set yourself smaller, achievable targets. If you look around the forum, you'll see that some people have posted their goals in their signatures - and for many, the first one is "get through Day 1". :D

Aim to lose half a stone at a time. Don't even think about how much you've got to lose altogether - because that way, madness lies. And try not to think about how long it might take you to get there - cos that way insanity lies.

Give it another go, hun. Give yourself a good talking to. And post on here for support. We're here for you, every step of the way. You only have to ask.

{{Hugs}}

LOL, whoops. :eek:

Just realised that what you actually said was that you had no intention of giving up (really must learn to read properly :slap:).

I should probably just delete everything I wrote above, but LOL, I was quite proud of it. :D :D Can I keep it as a memo to myself?

Doh (Homer-style head slap...)

Keep on keeping on... :)

Back