restaurant question

Memphis

Hi guys,

I'm doing SS (for the secons time around after a blip this summer) and have so far been 100% and not found it too difficult.

However I have a very special and important family meal on Saturday night, with a special restaurant booked.

I'm getting a lot of stick from the people going over the fact that I won't be eating (not good natured stick - actual criticism, as if by my not eating I'm ruining everyone else's night!). They've even phoned the restaurant to check they can do me grilled fish and vegetables..it doesn't matter what I say!

It's too late for me to go up the plans now in preparatino and I'm wondering, is it possible to do a single day of SS+ and go back to SS the next day? Could I have a starter portion of chicken salad or something, just to shut them all up?

The last thing I want to do is sabotage myself after all my hard work. Any advice appreciated. Basically, if I eat will I gain/get knocked out of ketosis?

Family life revolves around food, haven't you realised??? ;)

That's how it seems in my family, I didn't realise just how much until I was CDing over the summer! It's a shame they just can't let you be...

My personal thoughts: if it is *that* important, do the SS+ day and jump back on it. IMHO one day isn't going to kill you and if you avoid carb-related naughtiness you'll be straight back into it the next day.

Post on here, drink lots of water, walk the dog, have a bath the following day, keep your mind off it! You'll be ok and the fine people on here will support you :D

In the past few months i have had to do an odd day of SS+ and found i still have good losses, As Jim has said get back straight on it the next day. I have 2 days away planned and have no control over the food next week so i will enjoy them , but when i return i will be straight back onto the shakes. The last time i went to this place i gained 4lb in a day, but i came home did SS and lost that in 2 days, so it didn't have any lasting damage. If you having chicken salad, fish and veg, you should still have a good loss when weigh in.

I'm nearly at the end of my CD journey and I've had a few similar 'can't get out of' meals and functions. If you're fully committed to following the plan all day until your meal, drinking a lot of water after your meal then getting right back on CD the next day you'll be absolutely fine. If the meal is a couple of days before WI then you may gain, if it's a few days away from WI then you'll probably lose. If you gain, you gain but it's the long term dedication towards your goal that you need to focus on - these instances have to be very few and far between.

Go with what you want to do, but a day of SS+ really won't make a difference on the scales.

But the point is if you don't want to eat don't, just because you are being pressured. But then again it is nice to have a nice meal out, and there is the social aspect.

I have always eaten out at social functions (there is no way I could go to a restaurant with friends/family and not eat) and if I stick to the principles of SS+ still lose weight the next day.

Hope you have a good time

Ive got a meal too saturday and am going to have a salad instead of a my planned shake. You should be fine just for one day if you stay away from the carbs. Hope you have a good night.

Thanks so much for all your helpful comments. I had my weigh in last night and managed to lose 7lbs so I'm, delighted. On restaurant night I had some prawns and salad - enough to keep the inlaws happy.

This is my second time doing the diet. The first time I lost 18lbs before stopping and I've let 10lbs creep on since then through not maintaing properly. I decided to take the plunge and come back to it, and try and lose all the rest besides.

I'm so happy that in one week, I am almost back to where I was when I stopped last time around. It's going to be tough over Christmas, but I don't want to be fat in 2010 any more!

And it's amazing the difference I see in myself now compared to at the start of the year. What a sad, miserable, unhealthy fat person I was. I've still got a fair bit to go, but I know I will get there.

Well done, glad it all worked out for you and you have had a brilliant loss as well! CD is great and works if you stick with it - here's to a slim 2010:)

Back