Return Story

debkat

Well here I am, back again on CD, did it 2 years ago and lost 2 stone in 9 weeks, but now its time to come back, especially as when I weighed in on the 27th April I weighed 10.5lbs heavier than ever before.

These forums are great and its what got me through last time, its an inspiration, unfortunately its took until now to find this site, as I previously used the one attached to CD, but for some reason even though I can log in, it wont let me post, and no-one is answering my emails. Hey ho, Ive found this now, so My story starts.

Completed my first week on CD, with 2 shakes (tetra's) at work, a soup for Tea, and a porridge just before bed. (this stopped me getting up in the middle of the night to eat) Week one loss 5lb, and whilst I know this is good, I felt not good enough, as my first week last time was 9lb, I had too bigger expectations, although then I was on 3x CD per day and not 4, but my counsellor says this should not make any difference.

Going for my 2nd weigh in tomorrow, but its only 5 days since my last one, so not really a full week.

Whilst Im happy to go on 4CD for now, I think it helps when you return, Ive been told I need to get sign off from my Dr to go on 3CD, Im not sure why though, because I have no medical problems, my BMI is below 40. (can anyone advise?) Im not sure if my Dr will sign me off, as he is an old school family Dr and does not believe in these diets, I know because I discussed it with him last time round, when he commented on a visit how good I looked. His comments were that I would pile it on and more, well thats not simply true.

I kept to my weight last time for over a year, but then with lots of family problems, I started to comfort eat more than ever, hence Im now back and determined to loose again, hopefully a decent amount before my hols in Aug.

So Glad I have found this, and hope to here from lots of people and get lots of inspiration to keep me going.

Hiya, just wanted to wish you luck with getting back into cd. I am returning to cd myself soon.:)

I think with the forum they have to write to your doctor only and I think that if you SS only 3 if height is lower than 5ft 8 in a woman they have to ? now am I right ?? come on someone reply to her lol

Debkate I am also having problems getting into the CD site , why i don't know , its like my Ip has been banned , why I don't know .
I have tried to change my Ip but having problems , they say if you which your rooter off it will change your IP , and switch it off over night , but don't seem to be working. huh odd one , also martin lewis he also has a CD forum too , but not as good as this one

Well Ive had my weigh in tonight, not really a full week though, really day 12, and now lost a total of 8LB yipee, Im so glad, cos my scales were telling me all week that I had put weight on, and I thought there is no way a few mini eggs could of done that to me.

Asked my counsellor about Drs and she says that she got to get sign off from Dr to go on 3, still unsure why when everyone else is saying its only if you are above 40BMI or are on certain tablets or illness. Anyway told her I have not had 4 each day, and she said she cannot police me to have 4, so Im gonna play it by here each day.

Only another 2 stone to go, then all my holiday clothes will fit me again.

Just tried to upload a photo, but it says I have not got enough privillages, boo hoo, not sure why or what to do about it.
:cry:

don't be sad! just find the word game threads and build up your posts, not sure how many you need for a pic, is it 20?

I think the privilige thing is really unwelcoming, after all setting up your profile really helps you get in the right frame of mind and it makes sense to do it at the start. Never mind tho, you'll soon be able to add what you want :D

Agreed Sarah and it would be nice for people to see what you look like - helps to get to know people.

Well here I am, back again on CD, did it 2 years ago and lost 2 stone in 9 weeks, but now its time to come back, especially as when I weighed in on the 27th April I weighed 10.5lbs heavier than ever before.

These forums are great and its what got me through last time, its an inspiration, unfortunately its took until now to find this site, as I previously used the one attached to CD, but for some reason even though I can log in, it wont let me post, and no-one is answering my emails. Hey ho, Ive found this now, so My story starts.

Completed my first week on CD, with 2 shakes (tetra's) at work, a soup for Tea, and a porridge just before bed. (this stopped me getting up in the middle of the night to eat) Week one loss 5lb, and whilst I know this is good, I felt not good enough, as my first week last time was 9lb, I had too bigger expectations, although then I was on 3x CD per day and not 4, but my counsellor says this should not make any difference.

Going for my 2nd weigh in tomorrow, but its only 5 days since my last one, so not really a full week.

Whilst Im happy to go on 4CD for now, I think it helps when you return, Ive been told I need to get sign off from my Dr to go on 3CD, Im not sure why though, because I have no medical problems, my BMI is below 40. (can anyone advise?) Im not sure if my Dr will sign me off, as he is an old school family Dr and does not believe in these diets, I know because I discussed it with him last time round, when he commented on a visit how good I looked. His comments were that I would pile it on and more, well thats not simply true.

I kept to my weight last time for over a year, but then with lots of family problems, I started to comfort eat more than ever, hence Im now back and determined to loose again, hopefully a decent amount before my hols in Aug.

So Glad I have found this, and hope to here from lots of people and get lots of inspiration to keep me going.

welcome back good luck on your journey.

We stayed at the in Laws over the weekend, and yesterday Sunday dinner was on the go. Did I cheat?............. No absolutely not, so proud, I got myself out of the way.

As soon as dinner started cooking Hubby and me went out shopping, mostly window, and came back long after the smells and any chance of cheating had gone. Hubby warmed his up and stood in the kitchen to eat it, bless him, while I sat in the room drinking a cup of veg bouillion.

Also I tried zapping the porridge last night with the electric whisk, my god why didnt I do that from the start, cos instead of the lumpy watery version, even with a hand whisk, I ended up with a nice thick version, which was so much nicer. My electric whisk will stay permenant on my kitchen side from now on.

Debs

I have the Power, Im finding now that I have no hunger pangs anymore, which is fab, I could eat of course but Im not going to, why would I when I know im now in the zone, (or ketosis), I can feel my clothes fitting better, or getting looser by the day.

Yipee, I will be extremely pleased if I can get to my first mini goal when I go on friday

I too am just starting again, lost 33lb last year for my wedding in July. Have put all that back on!
I have tried to re start a couple of times already but it is so hard now, maybe its lack of motivation this time or something???
On day 5, already cheated yesterday.

Had my weigh in, good and bad news.

Bad news, I lost 2lb, I thought I had lost more, last time I lost more when I kept ss without anything else.

Good News, met my first goal.

Need to get away from my high expectations I suppose, I am 2 years older, so I guess it will take longer this time around.

Had a really stressful week at work, very frustrated, all week its been one step forward and one back. So Im having a drink of vodka, although I am drinking it with fizzy water mixed with CD mixer powder. hey ho.

CDC is away now for 2 weeks, so should be a decent loss next time

Debs

had a dreadful weekend, did cheat, was so upset at loosing only 2lb, when I had stuck to it rigedly this week for the first time, no sneaky bits of chicken.

Anyway I ended up eating some chicken at the weekend, and some fish on another day, I suppose its only like add a meal week, although previously I lost nothing on those weeks.

Back to SS again this week, have to be determined again, I find the week really easy, its the weekend when I struggle.

Due out for a curry this saturday, with old school friends I havent been out with for years, and its took us 5 years to plan. So am going to enjoy myself, but will go back to ss again following day.

debs

Hi its my first week back on 'the cambridge' and im into my 2nd day.Tried it before a few years ago lost 11 and a half pounds in my first 3 days i then carried on and lost overall 4 and a half stone in 10 weeks.
Problem was decided to just stop doing it as i did not feel very well at all. I have since put this down to the councellor just giving me 3 shakes a day when i should have been having 4 because of my height.
I really hope i can do it this time as i am so fed up with being overweight and not being able to control the way i eat.
My friends at work were not too happy with the idea of me doing it again :eek: but i know they will support me as long as im not too moody with them.:p
So im doing SS with 4 shakes and 200ml of skimmed milk for my tea and i will see how it goes.
One Day At A Time!

Hiya hun, sorry nobody replied about the 3 shakes thing - I've been away from the forum for a bit so didn't notice it. The rules regarding how many packs etc. you should have on CD have changed, as have a few other things. The main changes you need to be aware of are:

If you are under 5.8 you should be on what is known as SS+ If I remember rightly, this is basically either 4 packs+200ml skimmed milk or 3 packs + a green and white 200kcal meal.

The AAM and lower step plans have changed too - we now have 810 instead of 790 and AAM has changed. Did you get the new book from your CDC? Would recommend checking it out or asking for one if you haven't seen a copy. Also I'm pretty sure there's a sticky somewhere with the details on the changes.

Keep it up :) xxx

Thanks for that, I was always under the impression that if you were bigger or taller thats why you had to have 4. didnt realise that if you are small in hight you also have to have 4, oh well, maybe I need to start having more then, I may be starving myself at present. lol

my photo is not me now, it is from when I lost 2 stone 2 years ago, and ended up 10lb heavier this time around. So this is there to spur me on.

WI tomorrow for me, my scales say only half a pound loss, I just dont get it. Still dont get why some people are allowed 3 cd and I have to have 4 or 3 and a meal. been reading up, posting and took advise from many cdc’s it appears my cdc got it wrong and at 5'2 with no medical problems, at my bmi I should be able to have 3, provided she writes to Dr to let him know, I don’t need sign off.

Been doing 2 or 3 cd and the 200kal meal so thats SS+, been a mixed week this week so debating what to do next for maximum loss:

a) ignore CDC and do 3 CD
b) Do 4 CD
c) try a full week at 3 cd plus meal = ss+

Dilema or what!

Well just got weighed, dont forget this is my scales cos cdc away, and nearly had a fit. The half pound I had lost, had actually gone back on again. Then realised that I had a pair of jeans on and usually get weighed in my work trousers, So Ive actually lost.

1lb.

Going out for a curry tomorrow night (5 year in the planning girly night). But after that I am going to cut out the 200 meal and stick to just 3 cd, see how that goes. Dont understand, it dropped off me last time around.

Just had weigh in with CDC (remember last week was my own scales) and lost a total of 3.5lbs, which means based on my behaviour this week, that I probably lost more than 1lb last week.

Anyway officially, it means Ive had a 2.5lb loss for this week, and im now only 1/2 lb off a full stone, so will def do that next week.

Going to try for 3 CD this week, hopefully this loss will spur me on, as now only 9 weeks till holidays. Although even though I have quoted what other CDC’s have said about getting sign off from Dr v’s writing to him, she still seemed reluctant to write to him. Then when she saw what Id lost said I didn’t need to go on 3. Well stuff that, I have enough to do 4 but going to take each day as it comes, and do what I want

Back