Returner.. End of yoyo.. Enough is enough

Hi I used to use minimins in 2008 and got down to about 17 stone.. But then I slipped back up again, followed by having another baby in 2015. Now I find myself back to beginning 21stone plus. My first baby is turning 18 in November and I have been over weight all his life, so this time I'm doing this!

I am currently using my fitness pal to eat slimming world type foods and receipes that I am calorie counting. I am also setting myself a Rosemary Conley type target of eating 1200 cals for the first 2 weeks followed by 1400 cals for the next two weeks followed by using fitness pal to calculate my calorie allowance for my weight. Im using all my experience of diets to my advantage.

I was just reading what you're trying this time, I'm kind of doing a similar thing : using all my dieting experience to try to customise a weight loss plan that works for me, because one size most certainly doesn't fit all, and even though on paper it 'works' add an individual's lifestyle and that's where the (my) problems start. I started at 1800 kcal and have reduced it to 1654 the 2nd week of my experiment, as I find if I jump in at the deep end I can't maintain it as I feel too deprived and crave food that's not going to do me much good! Your way round of doing 1200 and increasing it to 1400 would be a great way of doing it if you are starting with a very high willpower and mindset and over time it wears off. How are you getting on with it? :)

I was just reading what you're trying this time, I'm kind of doing a similar thing : using all my dieting experience to try to customise a weight loss plan that works for me, because one size most certainly doesn't fit all, and even though on paper it 'works' add an individual's lifestyle and that's where the (my) problems start. I started at 1800 kcal and have reduced it to 1654 the 2nd week of my experiment, as I find if I jump in at the deep end I can't maintain it as I feel too deprived and crave food that's not going to do me much good! Your way round of doing 1200 and increasing it to 1400 would be a great way of doing it if you are starting with a very high willpower and mindset and over time it wears off. How are you getting on with it? :)

I would say its going well.. Im using my fitness pal and tracking all my food. It tells you the calories you should have to loose 2lbs a week tailored to your weight and height. Ive managed to stay before 1300 every day for last 10 days. Its good having a short term goal for the lower calories and having lost 10lbs in 10 days Im feeling so much healthier and able to do things.

I would say its going well.. Im using my fitness pal and tracking all my food. It tells you the calories you should have to loose 2lbs a week tailored to your weight and height. Ive managed to stay before 1300 every day for last 10 days. Its good having a short term goal for the lower calories and having lost 10lbs in 10 days Im feeling so much healthier and able to do things.

Glad it's going well for you, it must be great to lose such a lot of weight in such a short period of time, I should think it's a great motivator too.. feeling healthier is such a good feeling, I'm tracking mine too, find that so helpful, making you accountable :) good luck with it!

Back