Returning and going it alone!

plath

Hello all! I joined back in 2011 when dieting with SW. Lost 1 stone and fell out of the way of SW due to a stint in America and life taking over upon my return! In the 1.5 years since SW I've just about put that 1 stone back on again and now in 2013 I want to reclaim my good weight.

The only difference this time is that, as a student I can't afford to go to the weekly meetings so am attempting to do this weight loss myself. Going to buy electronic scales today and still have my SW guidebooks, and pretty much know how it all works. Hoping that posting in here regularly will keep me motivated and aiming to reach my goal weight of 65kg by my birthday on 19th March.

All in all, it's a loss of about 14lb I'm looking for!

Any help/suggestions on how to keep myself motivated are much appreciated!

Last edited:
Hiya!

I'm going it alone too! Money is short so I couldn't afford weekly meetings.

I will be following with interest! Good luck :)

I've got the weight watchers app on my phone but am not going to meetings or dieting with anyone so I know how you're feeling! If you've done it once you can do it again stay positive!!! Good luck xx

Hello! Just trying to get used to this!!

Starting slimming world from today!!! Hoping this site will help me. Can't really make the meetings due to starting a new uni course and being all over the country. Thought the money online was a little steep. So here I am. I have my good optimising books from when I joined bit never went!

LETS DO THIS!!

Xxx

Best thing to do is go it alone. I've been doing it since last June and up till now lost 35 Lbs. Still want to lose another 15 Lbs. I plan to do that by the end of Feb.
You need to keep motivated and commit to your new healthy lifestyle. As a quick booster cut out all bread, rice and pasta for 10 days and see the results. (worked for me).

Sounds like you guys have the right idea! It's a much cheaper alternative! And just think, all those pennies you save up from not going to the meetings, you can spend on your new wardrobe throughout and at the end of your weight loss journey!

I am also doing SW from home this week, following that I will be doing the Exante for 4 weeks, then back to SW for as long as I can.

My tips include:
- Don't give up: if you have a bad week it's really not the end of the world. Keeping your chin up and carrying on is better than having another bad week!

- Need a takeaway? Have one. Think about it: you have 3 meals a day, that's 21 a week. If you need to it's not going to ruin your life to have a takeaway as one of those meals. After all, 1 in 21 is better than 7 in 21... etc

- Increase your water intake - you'll be amazed.

- Don't be negative. Don't put yourself down. Remember that: you can't control everything in life... you can control what you put in your mouth!

Good Luck :)

Hiya ladies!! Doing well and trying to keep motivated!

Had a bit of a problem with night-time snacking but brushing my teeth kind of solves the problem. Also not buying "bad" foor an having lots of fruit handy is good.

I've been introducing yoga to my gym practice so am going to gym once a week (workout and swim) as well as at least one yoga session. This exercise has helped boost my morale!

Back