Returning noobie!

Jakey

The last time I logged into here was May the 10th, 2009. If I'm honest, I had completely forgotten about this forum.

I regret doing that, so here I am again - back and ready to be active. At the time I was very much wanting to loose weight, but not ver pro-active in doing so. It's going to be a lengthy re-introduction, but I'll try and explain what's happend since.

I went back to Slimming World in January of this year, determined that the weight I was then would be the heaviest I would ever let myself get.
I went to my first weight in and felt like I might drop through the floor in shame haha. I weighed in at 21st 11lbs.
I'm only 20 years old, and I really do feel I carried my weight well, but that was such a hard blow for me.
Sticking to the diet, I've managed to loose 2st 4lbs now (with the occasional "weekend off" - we've all done it!) so I am starting to feel better about myself. It's hard to be on a diet at my age, with the Uni providing plenty of fast food and nights out!
I feel like this kind of acheivement will help me keep going, but I have come back to this forum because I don't think anyone can do it alone. It's hard to tell friends I'm on a diet, it's a case of "Yeah, right." but if I'm here hopefully I'll get the positive reinforcement I need!

Anyway, that's enough about me. It's been a pretty long and honest re-introduction, so I hope you managed to read to this point!

Also - I'm Jake, I'm 20 years old and I'm a trainee teacher. Hi! :flirt2:

Hello I am new to this site and this is the first message I have typed. I am 40 this year and have been a yo yo dieter since your age. I am at slimming world. Weighed in at 20 st 9lb and to date have lost 30lb.

The reason I am replying to you in particular is to warn you that as you get older it gets harder to lose weight. You can shed it quicker when yr young. Do it now stay positive focused and I totally believe it is a lot to do with your positive mental attitude!

Don't make the mistake I made do it now, rather than at the age of 40! Good luck, you can do this. Plan a holiday or something you can focus on to give you the incentive to push for your weight loss.

No idea if I am using this site properly cant even work out how to add a ticker and here I am trying to help someone else!!

Good Luck

Back