Revelation! Your thoughts please?!?

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hey gang,

I have been doing some thinking this afternoon, and chatting to Anna (bo_lady) on msn, and it has made me come up with this revelation. Please bear with me as I will try to explain it as concisely as possible. I would really value your thoughts on it....

here goes....

Ok, so I came off CD on Wednesday, having SSd for just over two weeks and lost 11lbs. Since then I have put on only 1lb which surprised me, as I was expecting more (due to water, glycogen etc.). I have been eating heathily and watching the calories/carbs since I came of CD SS plan, and it seems to have paid off. I am enjoying eating again, but am feeling that I would rather not be eating if it means I can get to goal!

So, here is what I am thinking. Because I have not gained, and I want to continue losing at the rate I can on CD, what do you think about healthy eating for a couple of weeks (til end of Brum meet) and then go back on CD for a couple of weeks- during which time I would get hopefully a similar loss to the 11lbs i had this time around. Then another 2 weeks on healthy eating, and if necessry back to CD for a final 2 weeks, before going back to healthy eating to lose the last couple of lbs to get to goal.

What do you reckon to this? For me I think having a 2 week goal would help me to stay focussed, and if I am not going to put any weight on moving between CD and cal counting, I can have regular breaks of 2 weeks where I can eat sensibly and 'recover'.

Do you think this will work? I dont see it as yo-yoing as it would be planned and I have seen from this time around that it COULD work... I dont want to go back to CDing 100% til goal as its a bit too much for me to handle, so am thinking that this way around I can maximise my losses (up to a stone in 2 weeks CD then 2 weeks maintaining which works out at 3.5lbs a week) without feeling like I am on an endless journey!

xx

I think you will be messing around with your metabolism to be honest. I know I wouldn't be able to stick to it, it'd have to be one or the other for me I'm afraid.

lol what metabolism?! i have a very slow one- was hoping that by keeping it guessing it might actually help :) thanks tho hun, will bear it in mind!

Ummm, not sure doesn't sound like it would be that good for your metabolism and also would worry that although you didn't this time you might get a big gain at some point which would really demotivate you. If you are after the quick results but prefer a little to eat why not look at a higher cambridge plan where you can still lose 2-3lbs but have some food too.

Sorry, just my thoughts but obviously it's whatever you are comfortable with hun xxxx

to be honest hun dont have a clue but i think do what u think is best for u as u know ur own body and mind .

what ever u decided let us know how its going hun

ashley xx

Thanks hun, appreciate your input- thats why I asked! I have considered doing a CD higher plan but tbh its not rly for me- I would prefer to do what I am doing now (cal counting) and lose at a similar rate. Will just see how cal counting goes for a few weeks and if its not fast enough for me then will go back to CD for as long as I can. xx

Thanks Ashley! I guess ur right at the end of the day I have to do whats right for me- just not sure what that is at the moment!! :p x

Just another thought, have you tried something like Atkins as you get fast losses but with food, might be a good combo?

Gx

The thing is, if you want quick results (like you get with CD) you need to be prepared to stick with it for the long term, and not mix and match plans, because mixing and matching will not work in the long run. It is hard, I've only been doing it for (nearly) 4 weeks, and at times it's been so easy to give in, but I haven't, and I'm seeing results. By the sounds of it you've only got a couple of stone to lose, if you stick with CD, you can do that in a couple of months, If I were you, and wanting fast results (11lbs a month is what your aiming for??) I'd get your head down and do CD. It's only a short period of abstinence.

I have thought about it actually! Thing is I really need to be on a sort of "all or nothing" type diet. For me cal counting is fab as nothing is excluded as long as I am within my cals (like WW) and SS is good cos I have no choices. Its working out "what am i allowed?" that i find difficult- which is why i didnt get on with Slimming world.... its so hard to know what to do :( xx

I have 1 st 10lbs to get to BMI 25, so yeah you are right I guess it would take me a max 2 months. Prob is for me I find SSing really zaps all my energy so I cant exercise as much as I want to, my brainpower just disappears and I get quite depressed some days. I just thought having a shorter timescale might help to limit that... after all if I got 11lbs off again then I would have less than a stone to go which I could do on WW in no time.... but its that first 11lbs that seems so hard right now. I spose I just want a quick fix, which is how I see SS- i dont need it to reprogram or to teach me how to listen to my body- I can already do that, I just want fast losses :( xx

:confused:
Oh decisions decsions it is hard isn't it.
However we have to do what we feel is best for ourselves.
I also agree that it would be best to stick to one plan and not combine several, you just need to decide which one that is.

Well done on your fab weight loss so far :p

Won't it be good when they invent a pill! :eek: LOL!

Good luck! We are here for you whatever you decide.

Ahhh, interesting proposition.
hm4.gif

Okay, so you lost 11lbs doing CD (probably mainly glycogen), then only put on 1lb doing carb/cal counting, (so didn't put on much glycogen during it...because of the carb counting possibly?)

So if you SS again, there may not be much glycogen to lose next time around? You would be very lucky to lose 11lbs again if you didn't put on much.

Just a thought.

Hey gang,

I have been doing some thinking this afternoon, and chatting to Anna (bo_lady) on msn, and it has made me come up with this revelation. Please bear with me as I will try to explain it as concisely as possible. I would really value your thoughts on it....

here goes....

Ok, so I came off CD on Wednesday, having SSd for just over two weeks and lost 11lbs. Since then I have put on only 1lb which surprised me, as I was expecting more (due to water, glycogen etc.). I have been eating heathily and watching the calories/carbs since I came of CD SS plan, and it seems to have paid off. I am enjoying eating again, but am feeling that I would rather not be eating if it means I can get to goal!

So, here is what I am thinking. Because I have not gained, and I want to continue losing at the rate I can on CD, what do you think about healthy eating for a couple of weeks (til end of Brum meet) and then go back on CD for a couple of weeks- during which time I would get hopefully a similar loss to the 11lbs i had this time around. Then another 2 weeks on healthy eating, and if necessry back to CD for a final 2 weeks, before going back to healthy eating to lose the last couple of lbs to get to goal.

What do you reckon to this? For me I think having a 2 week goal would help me to stay focussed, and if I am not going to put any weight on moving between CD and cal counting, I can have regular breaks of 2 weeks where I can eat sensibly and 'recover'.

Do you think this will work? I dont see it as yo-yoing as it would be planned and I have seen from this time around that it COULD work... I dont want to go back to CDing 100% til goal as its a bit too much for me to handle, so am thinking that this way around I can maximise my losses (up to a stone in 2 weeks CD then 2 weeks maintaining which works out at 3.5lbs a week) without feeling like I am on an endless journey!

xx

oh god i know its hard, i am in a similar place head wise, i have been eating protein, veg and salad this week and have stayed the same.
And to be honest i have only lost 3lb on the 1000 cal plan in the last month which has put my motivation on the floor.
I think we have to be careful as we approach this slippery sloap not to return to old habits, But you do have to do what is right for you, i have another week until i see my cdc so i am hoping for some inspiration, best of luck hon.x

Ok guys...

KD: i only carb counted wed and thurs, am no longer limiting myself on carbs at all, just calories. IT was when i reintroduced carbs that i put on the lb and since then have not gained or lost anything. It is possible to not gain after moving from a VLCD to a calorie controlled diet- ask Gemma on the WW thread (lost 8lbs in week 1 of WW after moving directly from CD and is still losing). But I do see your point hun.
Dancing: yep i am a good drinker- usually get at least 3.5 litres down me per day otherwise I feel even worse. When I did CD last year and lost about 3 stone I also drank plenty but felt low- my mum noticed it in me too and my boss at work (who didnt know i was dieting) asked me if I was unwell as she had noticed I wasnt working my best!!
Jot: its disappointing when we stick to the plan but dont see it on the scales. Personally I have found that times where the scales dont show a loss are times when the inches magically vanish.

I do need to keep losing weight at a decent rate as I really dont have too far to go but it is important for me to finish this journey once and for all. I am going to stick with my healthy eating til after Brum as planned and then re-assess. If I am losing at a good rate I shall just stick with it, if not it will be back to CD for as long as I can manage. Decision made! Thanks guys!

Off to aquafit now (which I can do now that I have energy!!!) xx

It is possible to not gain after moving from a VLCD to a calorie controlled diet- ask Gemma on the WW thread (lost 8lbs in week 1 of WW after moving directly from CD and is still losing). But I do see your point hun.

Ahh, but Gemma had already come off CD if I remember rightly. She didn't go straight from CD to WW.

And

Shes only had between 15.5 and 18 points (I think) whilst on WW...the first week (or 2nd :D) which is about 750-900 calories. Still very low in cal terms for a day.

The thing about all this is everyones body is different, hence we all lose weight at different rates. I'd say you have to try the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off thing to see if it works for you. Then you'll know if its a goer or not. I'd be interested to see how it goes for you and incidently i don't think it does your metabolism any harm to shop and change your eating pattern. I have always found on any diet that some weeks when i have had a really bad week i have the best loss so there are no hard and fast rules with the body.

Keep us all up to date with how it goes

Shazzy

Thanks Shazzy, words of wisdom there!

KD I am pretty sure she said she went straight from 1 to the other which is why we were all so impressed with her first loss. I am on 18 points too as am doing kickstart :D and exercising plenty! Hoping the scales will start moving downwards now.

Thanks all for your advice, and as I posted previously I have made my decision- hopefully its the right one! x

Thanks Shazzy, words of wisdom there!

KD I am pretty sure she said she went straight from 1 to the other which is why we were all so impressed with her first loss.

Well, that's not what she said. She said she wasn't VLCDing 100%, but never mind.

Thanks all for your advice, and as I posted previously I have made my decision- hopefully its the right one! x
The idea of doing 18 points (which is below recommended levels ...but WW approve for short term), is that you increase them after a week or two....not lower them.

You do seem to have decided to do it though, but as long as you are aware that it isn't healthy.

I'm pretty sure that it'll have no ill effect on your metabolism, just will lack all the necessary things we need to take to stay healthy.

Anyway...your choice of course ;)

sorry KD what is wrong with doing WW Kickstart and then going back to normal points which for me is 21 (as this is what I am doing)?? am a bit confused about why that would not be healthy?!? My decision, as I posted above was:

"I am going to stick with my healthy eating til after Brum as planned and then re-assess. If I am losing at a good rate I shall just stick with it, if not it will be back to CD for as long as I can manage."

not quite sure why healthy eating is not a good idea?!?

RE: Gemma. Not gonna get into a squabble lol but I just read her whole diary in context(!) and a few other posts and she DID go straight from one to the other altho like me she was having off days and picking a little- but she did go from SS to WW and confirms that on her diary for someone who asked her!

I am very aware of what is and is not healthy and wouldn't do anything to jeopardise my own health for the sake of losing a few lbs. Have spoken to CDC and she is happy for me to eat healthily for a few weeks, see how it goes and then take me back on SS if I want to for a few weeks.

x

Back