Rhubarb dilemma!

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
I have been given a heap of yummy Rhubarb, which I love (and is now classed as a superfood)!

Now SW confuses me on the rhubarb issue, as its a free ss food raw - but I couldn't eat it raw. So I've cut it up and stewed it with some cinnamon and ginger. So far so good - I'll add some sweetner later when I decide how to eat it!

Now reading through my book, I gather I can have 456g cooked as a HEXB. Or I could syn it at 0.5 syns for 198g.

Which would you do?
I'm thinking syn it as a big warm comforting bowlful would be only about 2 syns? But then wouldn't it be a 'better' HEXB choice?

Decisions Decisions! xx

I synned my rhubard as you get quite a lot for 198g.
I love rhubarb. Might try a bit raw though.

Cupcake you could have a bowlful of it warm with some 0% Greek yogurt on it, that would be sooo delicious :)

Its all lovely and warm - the perfect temperature as it cools............ :)

Very comforting and good for my throat too. (Olliebog - I've got no total so I'm having a vanilla muller instead). (Tara - hats off to you for having it raw (mind the leaves though as they're toxic :eek:))

Working it out, synning it is probably good 'value'. I've googled it and its only 7 cals per 100g! I've got about 3kg here - should last me til the weekend!!

I LOVE rhubarb :D

I have 198g and syn it as it's plenty in one bowlful - I love it!

I couldn't eat it raw though, isn't the old way to dip it in sugar and nibble it down? Not good for us though is it!!

i havent tried it raw yet, but i will buy some tomorrow when i go shopping and try it.

I have Rhubarb - and typically buy 454g (or 1lb in old money) or so. That way - if i have a spare HeB when i cook it- it's a HeB. If I don't have a spare HeB aronud - i syn it for 2syns (and cut a bit off for the bin).

Never thought about eating it raw though - would splenda do the same trick? (mind you - it's starting to get past it's prime when i finally get around to eating it - so maybe stewing is best - unless i start to grow my own.).

I am puzzled about rhubarb being listed as a superfree food when it is only free when raw. Surely they don't really expect people to eat it raw??

You cant even digest it properly so i hope not. It is a vegetables anyway. Sigh. Im going to have some tonight anyway!

I'm having another bowl as its so lovely!

I agree - as a vegetable, it should be free, but even though it's not its still very low sin and brilliant for the digestion!

:) xx

I love rhubarb! I used to eat it raw dipped in sugar too! Hmmmm.

I like the idea of stewing it though if its that low in syns (grab coat and head out of door!)

Rhubarb fool:
Cook it with chopped stem ginger and a little sweetener- try and use as little water as possible to cook it as it gives off a lot and you don't want it too runny.
Once cooked and cooled mix with a tub of quark and pour into glasses. leave in the fridge to get firmer for a couple of hours

Roasted rhubarb:
Cut into 2 inch chunks and roast with fry light. Serve hot drizzled with honey and with a dollop of greek yogurt on the side

xxx

They are though aren't they? :confused: They've already been cooked?

Are they really? The blond in me thought that they were just dried out in the sunshine!:8855: Ha ha! I don't really eat them, apart from in Weetabix cake, but then I've never worked out how many syns each individual item is. Must be some other fruit that I'm thinking of! :)

I was pondering the same thing a few weeks back. what i wanted to know was.. will it still speed my weight loss when stewed, even if i syn it? being that in raw form its a speed food?

i dont think so, but as already said.. who eats rhubarb raw!! next time im in morrisons, im gunna buy some rhubarb. never thought about stewing it and topping it with a vanilla muller..

God i love you guys and your fab ideas!

Back