Richard & Judy Bookclub

Not sure of them all, but they would be on the website I expect! I have read 2, No time for Goodbye and The outcast, both very good.

Just looked them up on Wikipedia:

Summer Reads 2008

• Sadie Jones - The Outcast
  • Linwood Barclay - No Time for Goodbye
  • Julia Gregson - East of the Sun
  • John Hart - Down River
  • Margret Cezair - The Pirate's Daughter
  • Rebecca Miller - The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
  • Toni Jordan - Addition
  • James Bradley - The Resurrectionist
Main list 2008

• Danny Scheinmann - Random Acts of Heroic Love
  • Katharine McMahon - Rose of Sebastopol
  • Roger Jon Ellory - A Quiet Belief in Angels
  • Patrick Gale - Notes from an Exhibition
  • Joshua Ferris - Then We Came to the End
  • Mark Slouka - Visible World
  • Lloyd Jones - Mister Pip
  • Tim Butcher - Blood River
  • Peter Ho Davies - The Welsh Girl
  • Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns (winner)
I haven't read any becuase I'm on a self imposed new book ban to try and read what I own. But if anyone thinks there is a must read on the list I might get it from the library...

I just read that No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay won the Summer Reads vote. Maybe I should add it to my amazon wishlist.

I haven't read any of this years but I did read 'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova and it was a brilliant read.

I've just read: I found it to be a total waste of time. In fact I'd be embarrassed to admit to writing this drivel. It starts off so well and descends into predictability, cliche and sheer 'rubbishness'.

Don't waste your life, don't waste your time.

I've read quite a few from various lists. I am currently reading The 19th Wife from the 2009 list and think it's absolutley brilliant.

I started this on Friday and can't put it down. I agree, it is brilliant and well worth reading.

I am reading 19th Wife too, I recently read Escape by Carolyn Jessop a true story of how she escaped from her life with a polygamist mormon cult and its somthing you should read if you enjoy 19th wife.

I agree its a great book and a can't put down book...I read A LOT and as I am a mobile librarian working on my own Mobile Library I have a lot of choice...I have recomended this book to a lot of my readers and they have all enjoyed it too

yes bliss but very hard work

I'm currently reading Linwood Barclays - No Time for Goodbye and I'm really enjoying it.....sorry Caching...but like Susieb says we are all different. It certainly isn't the best written book I've ever read, but still it has me wanting to find out what happened to the family and I want to read more.

I bet they'll make it into a film.

I read the Gargoyle whilst on hols which is on the current list... it's a crazy book but very enjoyable.... anyone else read that?

Hve now read December off the list and enjoyed it too....its a very gentle read

Back