RichF's Random Ramblings

RichF

Hoping that being able to have a channel to get down my thoughts/rants/moans/celebrations will help me get through this journey I've started.

I started today thinking I weighed approx 19½ stone and hoping to get down to 15st or under. However on weigh in I found out I'm actually up to 20st2lb! So I have 5st2lb to lose! Now I know at my height of 5ft 10" 15st will still leave me classed as "obese" but I have always been a big lad, even when I was fit & healthy. If I dropped down to my "ideal weight" of 9st3lb-12st7lb I feel I would look ill. So my plan is get to 15st and decide if I'm happy or would like to get a bit more off.

So I'm now at the end of day 1. Had a vanilla shake for lunch & a choc shake for dinner. Found them both perfectly acceptable, but that may be because I blended it with ice. We'll see how good it is in a shaker bottle when I have to do one at work tomorrow. So far I'm feeling good, I am hungry and it feels weird to not be able to go get a snack, but I'm ignoring it ok. The biggest thing I am missing is not being able to have a glass of wine!! :eek:

Anyway, I've ranted long enough, got the tough days ahead of me, so sure I'll be back getting more off my chest soon.

Thanks for the support! :)

Glad you've started a diary, they really help. Look forward to your ramblings.

I know what you mean about ideal weight, mine is something like 9st 10lbs but I would look ill ... For me I was happiest at 12st and being a size 10/12 so that's my aim. It's all about me feeling good not some chart telling me what is good.

Glad you are feeling good, once the first few days are over you'll be in your stride. Do you have a goal date?

Welcome and good luck!!

Thanks for the support :) As for a goal date, my goals are kind of split.... Ultimately I want to get down to 14.5-15st, but my first goal is to get down to 18st or lower before the end of April. I'm then going to Thailand for 2 weeks and I want to be able to enjoy the food and cocktails. Then I'll pick up again once I'm home.

Now for the diary update....

I'm now 3 days in, and I'm 100% sticking to LT. Quite enjoy the choc shakes, the vanillas aren't bad either. Strawberry is drinkable but my least favourite. All I've had other than my 2 shakes a day is plenty of water, black coffees in the morning and peppermint tea in the afternoons/evenings. The first 2 days I found it really strange not eating anything. But today I've not really been hungry at all. I think it's a bit too soon for me to be in Ketosis, so I can only put it down to how busy I have been at work today?

So, so far so good! I'm sure the worst is yet to come, but looking forward to getting the first week out of the way and seeing how I've done.

Ooo Thailand sounds amazing, lucky you :) I think you can easily hit the first target.

Good or to hear you're posituve about your first few days, they're by far the hardest so you should do really well.

Day 5 - And I'm not sure how things are going.

I'm still 100% sticking to LT, drinking plenty of water etc. Although I very rarely feel hungry I do will get the the odd pangs of hunger and empty feelings. Is this normal if you're in ketosis?

As I expected the weekend is my worst time. I just associate my fri/sat nights with nice food & drink. So to not be able to do that is horrible, so I've pretty much just locked myself away in the house with a film and a water bottle. :(

But other than that I'm finding it quite easy going, but I think I'm worrying myself because I haven't had the horrible week I was expecting. So I'm constantly thinking I'm doing something wrong and not going in to ketosis, therefore I'm not doing any good? I think I need my first weigh in to reassure myself that it's working.

Anyway... sorry for what is quite a disjointed post. It's been a long day.

How are you getting on with your lipotrim? Have you had your first weigh in? I like the chicken....as it is nice and warm, and take two of them a day, with a Strawberry mouse......in week four and getting a bit bored ...getting pickish for the first time....was to take other foods. I would love a big salad. Look forward to seeing how you are getting on.

Day 5 - And I'm not sure how things are going.

I'm still 100% sticking to LT, drinking plenty of water etc. Although I very rarely feel hungry I do will get the the odd pangs of hunger and empty feelings. Is this normal if you're in ketosis?

As I expected the weekend is my worst time. I just associate my fri/sat nights with nice food & drink. So to not be able to do that is horrible, so I've pretty much just locked myself away in the house with a film and a water bottle. :(

But other than that I'm finding it quite easy going, but I think I'm worrying myself because I haven't had the horrible week I was expecting. So I'm constantly thinking I'm doing something wrong and not going in to ketosis, therefore I'm not doing any good? I think I need my first weigh in to reassure myself that it's working.

Anyway... sorry for what is quite a disjointed post. It's been a long day.

if you're on day 5 and 100% then I'd say things are going great. Yeah the hunger pangs are normal and I'm on week 6 and get them from time to time. Usually water takes them away for me. Sometimes my stomach makes loud rumbling noises, very embarrassing lol.

I i find weekends hard, but I think everyone does. For me I have more time on my hands and most of my habits were a weekend thing. I have hardly no social life since LT but I just keep telling myself how worth it'll be and how I'll enjoy social events so much more.

You will be in ketosis too, I'd say you'd have to be on day 5. You can get sticks to check so maybe get them? I always know I'm in ketosis as I get a nasty metallic taste in my mouth.

are you looking forward to your weigh in?

How are you getting on with your lipotrim? Have you had your first weigh in? I like the chicken....as it is nice and warm, and take two of them a day, with a Strawberry mouse......in week four and getting a bit bored ...getting pickish for the first time....was to take other foods. I would love a big salad. Look forward to seeing how you are getting on.

I'm getting on ok, finding it easier than I expected, but I am already getting bored. Adding coffee to the Vanilla shakes is helping though. Lovely! My first weigh in is Tuesday.

if you're on day 5 and 100% then I'd say things are going great. Yeah the hunger pangs are normal and I'm on week 6 and get them from time to time. Usually water takes them away for me. Sometimes my stomach makes loud rumbling noises, very embarrassing lol.

I i find weekends hard, but I think everyone does. For me I have more time on my hands and most of my habits were a weekend thing. I have hardly no social life since LT but I just keep telling myself how worth it'll be and how I'll enjoy social events so much more.

You will be in ketosis too, I'd say you'd have to be on day 5. You can get sticks to check so maybe get them? I always know I'm in ketosis as I get a nasty metallic taste in my mouth.

are you looking forward to your weigh in?

Glad to hear the hunger pangs are normal. If I don't drink water for a while I do get a horrible taste, so can only assume ketosis is in effect.

The social element is the hardest. Although I'm never really hungry, I'm really missing food. I'm just used to a nice meal and some good wine at a weekend. During the week when I'm working late it's much easier. But days like today when I finish work at 16:30 and would normally be taking my mum out for a mothers day meal. They're rubbish!

But yeah really looking forward to my weigh in as I'm hoping it will make it all worthwhile.

Glad to hear the hunger pangs are normal. If I don't drink water for a while I do get a horrible taste, so can only assume ketosis is in effect.

The social element is the hardest. Although I'm never really hungry, I'm really missing food. I'm just used to a nice meal and some good wine at a weekend. During the week when I'm working late it's much easier. But days like today when I finish work at 16:30 and would normally be taking my mum out for a mothers day meal. They're rubbish!

But yeah really looking forward to my weigh in as I'm hoping it will make it all worthwhile.

My whole family have gone out for a big Mothers Day meal so I know how you're feeling. I was going to go but it felt not only the temptation would be too much but also all the questions. I work Mon to Fri so I am very occupied through the week, the weekend I usually would indulge in plenty of alcohol and good food .. I find my Friday evening glass or two of wine a big miss.

Fingers crossed you get a massive loss :)

I'm with you on the Friday glasses of wine!

I've just got home from my parents and they ordered takeaway pizza and I almost caved! I'm craving food more than ever! :(

Almost Rich, that there is the key word ... You didn't cave in and I you should be proud. Sorry you are having bad food cravings, hopefully they have gone today.

Weigh in day today. I've lost 13lbs! Very happy with that.

I was reminded last night that I'm booked on a meal for a friends birthday on 11th on April, so my stint has been cut short to 4 weeks instead of 5. So if I still manage to lose the 2st in the 4 week period I would be ecstatic, if not somewhere close will still be good enough.

So my plan now is 100% LT until 3 weeks today. Then a gradual refeed, but stick to a very low calorie, low carb diet until my holiday in May. Then start back on LT in June, to get to my overall goal.

I also plan on getting this week down then getting back to the gym. I'm actually missing it at the moment as my pharmacist said to give it 2 weeks before starting to train again.

So... here's to another week!

Well done both on the amazing loss and the strength of resolve! It's the tests that prove our will power not the easy days!

Well done Rich, 13lbs is great going. I reckon you'll hit 2 stone off in these 4 weeks. Very good you are focused and positive about your plan.

Well done 13lbs thats a great start. Welcome to the Lipo journey :)

Not updated for a while, but I'm not enjoying it at the moment so thought I would get it off my chest.

Still 100% on LT but this weekend has been awful. I don't struggle at all in the week, but this weekend was a friends birthday and I had no choice but to go to the pub to see everyone. From the second I walked in I wanted a drink and felt a tool stood there with my sparkling water. So I ended up having one water and leaving.

Although I'm never really hungry anymore, I'm craving food more than ever. It's not about eating, it's about tasting. I'm just so bored of the shakes and feel like I need some flavour in my life again. I've come very close to packing it in over the last 3 days and trying to find something with more variety (cambridge etc)

The one good thing is a couple of friends of mine have been impressed with the results I've had and have started themselves. so I now have my own little support network.

Anyway, it's weigh in day tomorrow. So I'm hoping that will spur me on again. I'll shut up now.

No no please don't shut up .. This is your diary so you rant away, I bet you felt so much better for sharing that.

Lipotrim isn't for everyone, it really isn't and you seem to be really torturing yourself. Really sorry to hear how awful your weekend was too. I would say nothing is worth feeling so crap, and if it's not something that will pass and is an every weekend thing then I'd say LT isn't for you. I want to say stay on it and it'll get easier etc, but I can't as I feel you're having too bad a time of it.

Personally I say give it a week and see if it does pass, if you have another weekend like that and still have all the same cravings etc then why not try a plan where you have shakes and food.

It's passed already to be honest, I'm fine today. Like I say, during the week it's easy. It's just the weekends where I struggle so much.

It's passed already to be honest, I'm fine today. Like I say, during the week it's easy. It's just the weekends where I struggle so much.

Youve a lot of weekends to come yet though, that's what I meant. Sorry if I'm not helping though, I just hate to think anyone is struggling.

Back