Ricotta as a HEB?

Tinsel81

I made a recipe from the little booklet that came with this month's SW mag today, spinach and ricotta pasta. It said the ricotta could be counted as a HEX A choice, and the recipe (which served 4) called for 340g of it, which means one HEA would be 84g. However, ricotta isn't listed in my SW book or on the website as a HEA choice. Is this correct? I wouldn't mind having ricotta more often but don't want to get it wrong.

EDIT: woops, should say HEA in the thread title, not HEB!

Hiya,

I'm making that recipe tonight. 84g of ricotta is a HEB on a green day. Otherwise it's 2 syns per 28g. I'm just about to start cooking it - hope it's as yummy as it looks.

Gah, I thought it was a HEA! I keep forgetting you can have cheese as a HEB too, I think of A as being the "calcium" HEX. That means I've had one HEA and three HEB today by mistake. Hope it doesn't affect my WI tomorrow.

It's mine & hubby's new favourite SW recipe. I'm now thinking of doing it again but stuffing canneloni with it and then covering it in some kind of tomato sauce and sprinkling cheese and baking it. Really looking forward to it! :)

Back