Ridiculous lies you've told about your weight

devotchka

This is meant to be light hearted, but I suppose, in retrospect, it is quite sad.

When I was about sixteen, I used to hang around with friends in town, and even in boiling hot days I refused to take my jacket off because I was so self concious of my body. I would rather sweat and be uncomfortable than reveal it in any way.

People used to ask "Aren't you hot?!" and I would say "No", and I invented this condition where the body confused hot and cold signals. Isn't that utterly ridiculous?! Just so I wouldn't have to take my coat off. I have no idea if these people believed it, it would be hilarious if they did though!

Very silly how insecure we can be, isn't it?
I'm glad I'm doing something about it though.

My Mum is queen of this. A couple of weeks ago someone mentioned my Mum's diabetes- I asked them where they had heard this as she doesn't have diabetes. They said she often gets a dip in her blood sugar level and tells them she needs chocolate so they all go running to get her some! Crafty cow!

I guess mine was to always be 'busy' when friends were going to the fair, because I would panic about fitting in the rides.

xxxxx

for me it's when people ask "have you ever been thin?" and I've always said NO, however my uncle recently passed away and some photo's came to light of me from about 20 years ago and I didn't have a bit of fat on me, so not only have i been lying to everyone i actually mad eit into a truth in my mind too.

Was a massive "lightbulb" moment for me, I have some of the photos on the fridge now. :cool:

Not really a lie but I used to wear the most ridiculously low cut tops. I was hoping my boobs falling out would distract people from the rest of my fat. What was I thinking? :confused:

i always said i was a size 16.

i've lost 2 and a half stone now.

i'm only just a 16!

Yep, Woodsylou, if I am asked I am still a size 16..."sometimes 18 since I've had a baby"...Actually more like 20-22...The other day my mother-in-law, showed me a top and asked me if it was mine. When I said no, she said "that's weird, I don't think it's mine either but we're the only two size 16 I know...Do you want it?"...I just thanked her politely but felt mortified knowing I had lied...For birthdays and Christmas I ask for specific presents now or say I don't want clothes as I'm so scared of being humiliated by being asked to try on my new size 16 present to show whoever bought it and obviously not being able to fit in it.

I did the whole - I cant possibly get a babysitter - for about 3 years cos i was simply soooo uncomfortable going out and being the fattest person in my group of friends. After a while they just stopped inviting me :(

I have pretended that all the chocolate i was buying was for me and friends :-( and have also bought a massive takeaway and rubbed my tummy so people assume i am pregnant and not a bit gutsy pig!!!

oh the shame of it

I have pretended that all the chocolate i was buying was for me and friends :-( and have also bought a massive takeaway and rubbed my tummy so people assume i am pregnant and not a bit gutsy pig!!!

oh the shame of it

Eeeee i used to go into the bakers and get 4 cream cakes - to last me all day ;) - and say things like "She didnt say which ones she wanted so just a mix" even though they were all for me! :eek:

I have definately gone to Maccies and ordered loads of food, and then pretened the extra happy meal was for a child...really for me! saying like, 'not sure what drink she wants - diet coke is fine'!!!!

I am so pathetic on reflection.

but isnt it funny that we have all done the same thing. i mean we all think initially that we are the only ones that have done this sort of thing.
well done to minimins for bringing us all together.x

I have probably down all of the one's listed and I am glad to know that it isn't just me! I admire/am jealous of people who are comfortable in their own skin & don't have any body issues, even though I am now at target I still have issues with showing my thighs & baring the tops of my arms. We have a cruise booked for the end of September & while I am looking forward to it I am dreading revealing the flesh on board the ship.

but isnt it funny that we have all done the same thing. i mean we all think initially that we are the only ones that have done this sort of thing.
well done to minimins for bringing us all together.x

Well said tara! :grouphugg::grouphugg:

Julie, when you feel down, think of what you've achieved. I guarantee it will have you stripping off to your delicates in no time :p

Yeah, Tara, you're right. I thought I was the only person in the world to be so terribly embarrassed, glad I found slimming world and minimins to help me though it. I think I get more support on here than I do in group! I definitely know I wouldn't be able to do it on my own though. I guess some people need that group support and others dont.

Oh my, I honestly thought I was the only one to have ever done this

Funnily enough I have spent the past 18 months trying to change all these bad habits, and get my head around being a "normal" person ref slimming and now i feel I am there i feel it is safe to start on SW. I couldnt have done the two together

I have cut out the excuses, and make believe, I have had a lightbulb moment and realised it will be hard work to lose weight but it will be rewarding. That i need to do more than just will it to happen and forward planning is the key

So glad to have found this group and to know i am not alone

xxxx

Well,

the worst thing i have done and am still doing !!!

on my facebook my profile photo and photo album is when i was 13 stone lighter!

i havnt seen some of my friends and old school friends for like years and years now last time any of them see me i was 13 stone lighter!!! now thats a lot of weight to put on and will change someone dramaticly!!

so i always make excuses not to meet up because im so embarssed of myself! because then they will really see how i look now!

Back