Ridiculous question about peppermint tea

NumNumPigsBum

"The Stig" Pig
Ok, please don't mock me but how minty is peppermint tea? Is like drinking a polo/toothpaste or is it a bit more subtle? I think I want to try it as my poor innards need some TLC but I'm not a huge minty kind of person. Would green tea or raspberry leaf be good alternatives as I quite like them?

Fankoo :)

I find it quite minty but I do leave the teabag in whilst drinking lol so that may be why! You could just dip the teabag / leave it in long enough to get the desired taste.

Some of the fruity teas are really delicious so perhaps try them instead. It's just trial and error to find out what you like, if you can find it spearmint tea is yummy and has a much milder flavour.

Good luck! X

Double post...Oops!

Last edited:
I bought some just yesterday. Twinings. Was very dubious at first but really enjoyed it. Tasted to me like a very subtle wrigleys! Had one after my meal and it also took away the taste for a sweet thing. Will be a regular in my house and would recommend.

I bought some yesterday too. Yuk - it reminded me of milk of magnesia. I'm sticking to camomile (love that).

I love pepermint & other herbal/fruit teas. I'd agree the best way to find out it you like them is to give them a try.

I don't like mine too strong so I don't leave the teabag in too long.

You could buy a box of the mixed mint teabags that way you can try a few.;)

thank you all. I may venture out when the hubby wakes up and get a small box. I like green tea with orange and lotus flower so I'll get some of them too and try to wean myself down to 1 or 2 cups of regular tea :)

My personal trainer raves about green tea. Says it is fantastic for you, that is one of my goals at least 2 litres of water a day and 2 cups of green tea.

cindersmcphee said:
My personal trainer raves about green tea. Says it is fantastic for you, that is one of my goals at least 2 litres of water a day and 2 cups of green tea.

I've been having one green tea bag and one peppermint tea bag in each cup really enjoying it and my tummy feels more settled and I did see an improvement in loss last week so keeping it up!

I always rob a few bags of fruity tea when i stay in a hotel - i have quite a collection!!!! (cheapskate eh??) but i find the peppermint one is too odd a taste - its a hot drink thats cooling in my mouth??

Strange.

x

Ellebear said:
I always rob a few bags of fruity tea when i stay in a hotel - i have quite a collection!!!! (cheapskate eh??) but i find the peppermint one is too odd a taste - its a hot drink thats cooling in my mouth??

Strange.

x

What are you like! Good idea though! X

Strange.

x

Whenever I go out to a cafe with sachets I take one of salt and pepper and one of mayo. They go in a jar for picnics!

Back