Right, time to stop messing around! Need to find some motivation!!

I'm back! And 5lb heavier :cry: Can't believe I've undone 50% of my total losses in just 2 weeks! :sigh: But what's done is done. Now feeling much more determined :)

Yest was a good fast day - milk in a few cups of tea, 1 alpen light, & quorn & veg chilli. Couldn't weigh the ingredients in my chilli as no scales, but can't imagine it was much over 400 (no rice, beans, starchy veg or oil).

Today will be a second DD, Wed will be moderate, 100% SW. Current plan is for Thurs to be another fast day & Fri to be moderate but with a few cocktails (should have enough syns!)

Wed 23rd October, Week 10, Day 3

Weight: 8st 10.2lb

So official WI & not as bad as I expected, an onernight drop of 1.5lb (prob a bit misleading due to 2 fasts in a row, lol) so my official gain in 4lb.

Woke up starving!! So treated myself to this:

20131023_071646.jpg

Paprika fry lighted chips, fried eggs, & beans. Not quite the prettyest but tasted yum!!

Thursday 24th Sep, Week 11 Day 4

Weight: 8st 9.4lb

Thought I'd update my food for the last couple of days!

Mon - think I've alteady posted. Good fast day with healthy supper :)

Tues - another sucessful fast day :) May have gone slightly over cals, but not too bothered as it was 2nd DD in a row. Had skimmed milk in tea (c. 50 kcal?, hexA), 1 alpen light (70 kcal, hexB), 2 squares choc (100 kcal, 5 syns), squash curry (guess 300 kcal?? Homemade & couldn't weigh ingredients).
Total: c.550 - 650 kcal, 5 syns

Wed - was feeling pretty hungry yest, also had quite a few cereal bar syns, lol.

B: Fried egg, beans, chips
Nibbles during day: Tea in milk, choc soya milk (HexA x 2), 2 x Weetabix oaty bars (2 x HexB). So.... was going to have a green day, but then forgot & had wafer thin ham & chicken raiders!! 2.5 syns. So will now switch to red & syn one of the oaty bars or the beans (need to look up syns values / whether I stuck within hexB limit for beans so will update later!)
D: Leftover curry, huge bowl of fruit with loads of cottage cheese, 2 more oaty bars :eek:

Ok, so after looking up values I'm synning 3 of my oaty bars at 3.5 syns each, so 10.5 syns total

Total: 13 syns (18 / 105 for week so far)

After my weight going in the right direction, even more motivated for another good DD today! :D Still 3lb heavier than lowest official WI & 4lb up from lowest weight I've seen on the scales in the last month, but I will get there again!!!

Thurs: Skimmed milk on tea (HexB), quorn bolognaise with squash & fennel. Third fast of the week done, yay!

Last edited:
Friday 24th Sep 2013, Week 11, Day 5

Weight: 8st 8.8lb

Pleased weight is still going in the right direction following my sucessful DD yest :) 3.2 lb to go till I'm back to my pre-gain weight.

Lush breakfast this morn - 2 alpen light (HexB) crumbled in a bowl with some frozen mixed berrirs. In microwave till warm & softened, then topped with cottage cheese.

Dinner I ate out (didn't get time for lunch as v hectic day!) - thai green curry with rice. Oh, & lots of wine!

Last edited:
Monday 28th Oct 2013, Week 12, Day 1

Weight: 8st 8.8lb

Lots of eating out lately! Finding it sooo dificult to be good (or good-ish, lol)

Sat's food

L: Chinese - went for steamed scallops with morning glory & rice. Tho did have a bit of the shared starters - all deep fried things like prawn toast, spring rolls, wantons etc.

D: Went to a fondue place, so prob the worst meal possible!!! Basically lots of bread, cheese, & meat. Plus of course several glasses of wine. Followed by apple pie. Was lush tho.

Sun's Food

Fast day, so had scrambled eggs with tomato for breakfas and stew for tea. Def went over cal-wise as had large portion of stew plus 1/2 bread roll as felt starving :( Poss due to the alcohol from the previous night?

Mon's food

L: Chicken salad, mixed fruit salad, alpen light (hexB)

D: Totally off plan again :( Chines dim sum, followed by ice cream. 2 glasses wine. Then of course decided to have 2 choc bars when I got home! Grrrr!! Dunnon what's wrong with me, need a huuuuuges kick up the bum me thinks :(

Hiya, hope you're ok :) x

Hello! I'm good thanks.....just been slightly AWOL! Been really struggling & yo-yoing up & down (with more emphasis on the up!) & so got a bit demotivated & stopped posting as all my posts were getting a bit moany & felt like a bit of a failure :(

Anyhow, after my weight reached 8st13lb last week (over 1/2 stone higher than my lowest of 8st5lb :eek:) have decided to do a few days if Dukan attack -AMAZED how quickly the lbs are coming off!!!! Scales seem to move every day so far, I know it's mainly water but it's still motivating :) Having the weekend off, will try be sensible though, then back to a mini Dukan stint. Really hope to be back where I was before I fell off the wagon in a couple of weeks or so, then it'll be back to slow & steady SW/5:2 as for me Dukan is not something I can sustain long term.

Back