Riots.

"Here here" all those innocent people who's lives & livelyhood have been ruined by thugs

Just watching the smoke following the burning in London this morning from the office windows - absolutely terrible. What are these people thinking?

Its bloody awful. The police should be using water cannon and rubber bullets as far as I'm concerned. And what the hell are parents doing allowing their kids out?

Unfortunately, I dont think parents come in to it, in these situations. These kids obviously have never been disciplined, so either the parent has lost control and the kid does whatever he/she wants - or - the parent is not that interested in parenting, but more likely monthly cheques in the post.

Horrible. I havent seen the news yet to see if last night was any better, but I hope so.

x

Hope it was better last night - they seemed to be avoiding london though and just started in other places. I wonder why they don't just bring the army in tbh..

I'm really worried now...two of my friends have been sent to England to assist. I cant remember how many in total are being sent south.

I was watching This Morning and they were interviewing the man who owned the carpet store...might have been in Croydon. It was the one that was in all the papers. I was in tears. Probably 20 staff that he'll have to let go. So much for victimless crime eh?

That furniture store survived two world wars but not the mindless violence and thuggery seen in London on Monday night.
We had it all up her in Manchester last night. Just no reason for it. They make lame escuses for it. It's because they can't afford to University or because all the jobs are given to immigrants. What's that got to do with being a thief?

Last time I checked, you have to attend school, not abuse your teachers and get good grades to get a place at Uni. And even then, having a degree doesn't guarantee you a job.

As for immigrants being given the jobs? Employers take on the people who can speak good English, turn up on time and are prepared to work hard. And given the people on TV being interviewed don't seem to be prepared to do any of those things, I'm not surpised they can't get a job.

I'm trying to be sympathetic but every person I see being interviewed just seems to relish the opportunity for free stuff while making excuses with no logic.

It's so sad. What's happened to this country?

That furniture store survived two world wars but not the mindless violence and thuggery seen in London on Monday night.
We had it all up her in Manchester last night. Just no reason for it. They make lame escuses for it. It's because they can't afford to University or because all the jobs are given to immigrants. What's that got to do with being a thief?

Last time I checked, you have to attend school, not abuse your teachers and get good grades to get a place at Uni. And even then, having a degree doesn't guarantee you a job.

As for immigrants being given the jobs? Employers take on the people who can speak good English, turn up on time and are prepared to work hard. And given the people on TV being interviewed don't seem to be prepared to do any of those things, I'm not surpised they can't get a job.

I'm trying to be sympathetic but every person I see being interviewed just seems to relish the opportunity for free stuff while making excuses with no logic.

It's so sad. What's happened to this country?

I think that you have hit the nail on the head. What I find interesting is that it hasnt happened in Scotland or Wales. Why? We have scummy wasters here too...so why havent they started looting?

Rachel, I think was has happened is the world has gone soft on crime. Everything is all softly softly and polite and PC....the kids are no longer held responsible for ANY action - there simply is no consequence anymore.

Its a lost generation. They will do wht they want, how they wnt it, with no regard for anyone but themselves. Thats how I see it.

Spare the rod and spoil the child. Yep. Thats what happens.

I agree, BL. And I wonder how we can ever recover from such a massive loss of responsibility. Just what will it take for things to start heading in the right direction...

Back