Risks of eating a lot of carbs while doing SS ? -my mother

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
Hi all,

As some of you know my mum is doing CD SS too.. but lately she's been having carbs and stuff and today at dinner she had a lot of carbs too..

And well.. it worries me. Does it have bad effects ???? I'm worried she might end up burning her muscle or something if she starts eating carbs. She herself doesn't really care about all that and doesn't care much about following the diet strictly.

I follow it religiously and I'm worried for her.

Am I wrong to worry? :-((

Can someone please help me?

the bad effects will be that her body uses the energy from the carbs rather than burning fat, if she is doing ss and eating carbs she is defeating the object and will effect her weight loss hugely.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hi,

Yes, I thought that would be the case. But.. there are no other risks ?

Not that Iam aware of, because she normally eats carbs with no problems, so she should be fine, its just that she will probably have a weight gain, I was craving carbs yesturday, but didnt give in, if she needs something to nibble on, tell her to try making some cd crisps,they have been a god send today, and the only way I have cheated .
wishing you and your mum every success

Hi,

Yea well, it's not about something to nibble on. She eats bread at her work, she works with kids and they have eating disorders so she kinda ''must'' eat there or the kids will point at her and go"But she doesn't eat either..".

At home she just had 2 taco's filled with.. um, leek/onion/minced meat/sauce/guacamole because she wanted to....

I'm just worried that by not sticking to the diet she will hurt her body a lot...

Thanks for the response,

Good luck to you too penny :)

xxx Lostris

No, it shouldn't hurt her body. All she's doing is a calorie controlled diet (possibly controlled:D) using cambridge products as part of it.

You're possibly thinking about ketosis being fat burning...well, yes, and if she isn't in ketosis, she wont be getting that benefit.

She will still lose fat though, but like many other diets, will lose some muscle with it. Nothing to worry about really. It happens with most diets.

Hi KD,

Thanks for the response. I was just worried she;d end up burning only // too much muscles or something like that or that she could get sick from it.

I'm glad to hear there seems to be no such thing and I will not have to worry so much!

She does pick healthy alternatives at work, least carbs / fat etc but tonight was just something she had been looking at for like ... the whole duration of her diet (we eat taco's a lot lately, 1x a week most of the time, because all my picky sisters seem to like it XD) and has been wanting to have all this time.

Thanks!!

xx Lostris

She does pick healthy alternatives at work, least carbs / fat etc but tonight was just something she had been looking at for like ... the whole duration of her diet (we eat taco's a lot lately, 1x a week most of the time, because all my picky sisters seem to like it XD) and has been wanting to have all this time.

It's a shame as she find the diet so hard if she picks at things. There is nothing dangerous about carbs, or fat (in moderation), just that when you are doing SS, it'll knock you out of ketosis, and you wont get the benefit of more fat vs muscle loss....and less hunger!

Of course, it's her choice, and perhaps she wants to eat more than she wants to lose weight. Nothing wrong with that. Her decision entirely.

As long as she's having her full quota of shakes, then she wont be short of vits and minerals. If she isn't, she needs to be eating more.

Hii,

Yea, well I get the work situation just don't get the rest. If an annorexic has her as example and she doesn't eat; the annorexic person won't eat either hehe.

She always states she has no problems with the diet and when I complain about a flavour she's like; oh, who cares, blabla I just drink it don't really care much for flavours.

It's ... a bit odd, to me, that she would eat.

Hi have you suggested to her doing a higher plan?My friend was terrible when she was doing SS she never did it properly,she used to make me laugh she would tuck in like she wasnt on a diet when we went to any do's shed be munching away at the chocolate fountain,come back with a great big plate of food then think she was doing CD cos she drank loads of water!!

Hi have you suggested to her doing a higher plan?My friend was terrible when she was doing SS she never did it properly,she used to make me laugh she would tuck in like she wasnt on a diet when we went to any do's shed be munching away at the chocolate fountain,come back with a great big plate of food then think she was doing CD cos she drank loads of water!!

:D I know someone else like that. Thought she was doing the diet, because she was having the shakes...along with everything else that's never been in the book, usually with extra cheese :D

:D I know someone else like that. Thought she was doing the diet, because she was having the shakes...along with everything else that's never been in the book, usually with extra cheese :D
LOL KD:When my Dad did slimfast he didnt 'get it'he didnt change his eating habits atall and had the shakes as a drink with his meals,at the end of the week he was shocked to see hed put on 2lbs......to say I roared with laughter is an understatement when he told me what hed done!!

I have suggested moving up plans but she doesn't want to. She was always very motivated, no cheating, till she started working. Now she's almost at goal / where she moves up plans so I guess the motivation is less too.

Just wanted to know if it was dangerous. :)

well all you can do is sit back then,you know its not going to do her any harm now,when she sees how much you are losing she will probably kick herself back into touch,its like they say you cant do it alone,but you alone can do it!!Dont worry love she will be fine
xx

Yea :) I keep losing way more than her bwhaha.

I was just really worried coz you read so much about burning too much muscle etc etc.. so :) Had to ask

Thanks everyone :)

xx

Back