Roast chicken

leelea

Hi guys.
Just wondered if any one knew the syn value of roast chicken like you would get from the deli section of a supermarket or if it's free.
I realise chicken is free but just wondered as wasn't sure how they cook it and if any oil is used.
Thank you

Can't speak for all supermarkets but I work in Waitrose and sometimes deal with the rotisserie chickens and I know that there is NO fat added whatsoever, all the fat is removed from the inside of the bird and they are roasted on spits so all of the oil from cooking falls to the bottom (I've had the ever so glam job of draining this once or twice and there is a LOT) so they are definitely free once you've removed the skin!!

Oh that is good! Lovely thank you :)

But it also says that they are injected with fat, or the skin is treated with sugar which I can 100% say is NOT true for the Waitrose ones! Check out the other comment from a fellow Waitrose partner who also prepared the chickens... absolutely nothing added, they are just like a fresh roast chicken you would buy prepacked!

only saying what others have said i have used them at times and it never effected my weight lose but if it did i would have syned them or made my own:) but i did ask my c about it and she said yes they need would be syn:)

Back