Roast dinner method

Yummymummy23

Hi all, I'm new to this still trying to understand it all, just wanted to check I know chicken has to be without skin but can it be after cooking or does it have to be before?? Pls help, thank you x

You can cook it with the skin on then remove it before you eat the chicken.

Thats what I have in the oven now cant wait with fry light roast potatoes and cauliflower and bovril gravy. Happy days!

Thanks guys it was delicious :) my first week jus got used to it past few days was giving in to my temptations :-( but no more I'm going to be a strict angel must lose weight not sure time scale thou :)

I cooked a chicken the other day but found it difficult to remove the skin as it had cooked onto the flesh! Perhaps its just my cooking! And yummymummy23 it really doesnt matter on the time scale to achieve your target, we all take a different amount of time, just keep telling yourself you will get there!!!!

I cook my chicken (without skin) and lamb in roasting bags that way it stays nice and juicy and doesn't dry out plus you can marinade your meat the night before and put them in the roasting bags the night before so all you do is put the bag in a roasting tray and an pierce it before you put it in the oven.

Aisha xx

I cooked a chicken the other day but found it difficult to remove the skin as it had cooked onto the flesh! Perhaps its just my cooking! And yummymummy23 it really doesnt matter on the time scale to achieve your target, we all take a different amount of time, just keep telling yourself you will get there!!!!

hey not sure why that happened.. thank you i do keep telling myself its pretty easy really but i crave chocolate all day :(

I cook my chicken (without skin) and lamb in roasting bags that way it stays nice and juicy and doesn't dry out plus you can marinade your meat the night before and put them in the roasting bags the night before so all you do is put the bag in a roasting tray and an pierce it before you put it in the oven.

Aisha xx

Hey Aisha

Thank you, yes i love roasting bags i use them loads can really give a good shake for marinade to mix well, but was cooking roast for a family of 6 some like the skin some dont and wanted to keep it whole n less messy was very nice though just took my skin off after :drool: xx

Hey Aisha

Thank you, yes i love roasting bags i use them loads can really give a good shake for marinade to mix well, but was cooking roast for a family of 6 some like the skin some dont and wanted to keep it whole n less messy was very nice though just took my skin off after :drool: xx

Aaah glad you enjoyed your roast hun as this eating plan is about being able to enjoy your food. You seem to have more will power than me I just have to get rid of the skin before cooking as it's too yummy to resist after :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Aisha xx

Thanks Hun and not at all I'm actually struggling even though I get to eat unlimited foods that I love I still keep messing up on my chocolate it's my weakness it's evil lol, hope you have a good weekend too, I have my WI Monday's sooo have to be so careful weekends xx

Thanks Hun and not at all I'm actually struggling even though I get to eat unlimited foods that I love I still keep messing up on my chocolate it's my weakness it's evil lol, hope you have a good weekend too, I have my WI Monday's sooo have to be so careful weekends xx

Aaah don't worry hun we all have our weekness and I definitely love my chocolate too so I've discovered a few low syn fixes which have really helped me in the last 3 weeks on sw. I usually struggle to have my HeA so I make a hot chocolate with skimmed milk and options belgian hot chocolate (2syns) and it's REALLY chocolatey ;) I also suck on a cadburys chocolate eclair sweet (1.5 syns each) and it's lurvely when the chocolate melts in your mouth YUM! Oh I genrally suck my chocolate as I find I eat less that way and it lasts longer. Oh and skinny cow to a skinny dipper chocolate ice lolly which is nice and it's only 3 syns too. Good luck for weigh in! :)

Aaah don't worry hun we all have our weekness and I definitely love my chocolate too so I've discovered a few low syn fixes which have really helped me in the last 3 weeks on sw. I usually struggle to have my HeA so I make a hot chocolate with skimmed milk and options belgian hot chocolate (2syns) and it's REALLY chocolatey ;) I also suck on a cadburys chocolate eclair sweet (1.5 syns each) and it's lurvely when the chocolate melts in your mouth YUM! Oh I genrally suck my chocolate as I find I eat less that way and it lasts longer. Oh and skinny cow to a skinny dipper chocolate ice lolly which is nice and it's only 3 syns too. Good luck for weigh in! :)

awww thanks for that hun, cos it really is what letting me down im addicted to twirls n buenos :( this week i'll try the hot choc fix see if it helps thank u, WI in today :( scared lol, second one gained on my first, how was your weekend..x

hey not sure why that happened.. thank you i do keep telling myself its pretty easy really but i crave chocolate all day :(

I am terrible for chocolate too! Most days I have a curly wurly or a chomp with a cup of tea mid morning, and another after the kids have gone to bed, and still within the syn limit! :)

awww thanks for that hun, cos it really is what letting me down im addicted to twirls n buenos :( this week i'll try the hot choc fix see if it helps thank u, WI in today :( scared lol, second one gained on my first, how was your weekend..x

No problems about the tips hunny I'm glad I can help :) My weekend was nice thanks as I went to see my gorgeous nan on saturday and I took my own dinner with me which was lamb and potato curry and boiled rice which were syn free so I ate the same as the rest of the family. I took my skimmed milk allowance and a sachet of vanilla canderel with me thinking I'd have a vanilla latte in the afternoon but nan was out of coffee so I had a yummy vanilla milk steamer like you get in the coffee shops so I enjoyed that instead ;) Try not to worry too much about WI as what will be will be and tomorrow is the start of a brand spanking new week in which you are armed with Lady A's scrummy chocolate fixes lol! Good luck for tonight I'm sure you'll be just fine...xx

I am terrible for chocolate too! Most days I have a curly wurly or a chomp with a cup of tea mid morning, and another after the kids have gone to bed, and still within the syn limit! :)

why does choc have to be bad for you :( ive tried curly wurly my choc addiction still craves more choh but that was years ago may try again hope it satisfies the devil in me lol, ps you are doing really well, well done hope i can do it xx

No problems about the tips hunny I'm glad I can help :) My weekend was nice thanks as I went to see my gorgeous nan on saturday and I took my own dinner with me which was lamb and potato curry and boiled rice which were syn free so I ate the same as the rest of the family. I took my skimmed milk allowance and a sachet of vanilla canderel with me thinking I'd have a vanilla latte in the afternoon but nan was out of coffee so I had a yummy vanilla milk steamer like you get in the coffee shops so I enjoyed that instead ;) Try not to worry too much about WI as what will be will be and tomorrow is the start of a brand spanking new week in which you are armed with Lady A's scrummy chocolate fixes lol! Good luck for tonight I'm sure you'll be just fine...xx

well i lost 2lbs its ok but just means im at what i was when i joined sw, hopefully no more gains..wha is vanilla canderel is it free on ee??mmmm i love anything with lamb :) its why i like sw i love pasta rice potatoes and lamb and u can have it unlimited, jus dont feel deprived not even of choc im jus greedy lol xx

why does choc have to be bad for you :( ive tried curly wurly my choc addiction still craves more choh but that was years ago may try again hope it satisfies the devil in me lol, ps you are doing really well, well done hope i can do it xx
I keep mine in the fridge and snap it into tiny pieces before I open in, makes it last ages ;) And thanks! If I can do it, anyone can!! I love sw, just wish i'd tried it years ago!

Too Heavy Hannah said:
I keep mine in the fridge and snap it into tiny pieces before I open in, makes it last ages ;) And thanks! If I can do it, anyone can!! I love sw, just wish i'd tried it years ago!

Ok thanks cw's added to list next shopping day wed now, takin my lo to pet shop n Disney store tomorrow he loves it!! I'm thinking of getting fish he lives them have to research it loads first thou.. sw is great wish id done it sooner too, night night xx

Ah yes chocolate! I have a cadburys highlight hot drink some nights and that seems to satisfy me. That is also only 2 syns, just like the options. Yes regarding the chicken must have overcooked it, next time I will take the skin off first. Not tempted to eat it as I dont really like chicken skin anyway. Thanks for the tip about the roast bags, good idea, cheers

well i lost 2lbs its ok but just means im at what i was when i joined sw, hopefully no more gains..wha is vanilla canderel is it free on ee??mmmm i love anything with lamb :) its why i like sw i love pasta rice potatoes and lamb and u can have it unlimited, jus dont feel deprived not even of choc im jus greedy lol xx

Hiya hun well done for the loss! I got my vanilla canderel in sainsbury's it's a box with 40 sachets in it - it's got vanilla seeds in it so it makes your coffee look posh and I think its free on all plans but you may want to check as I don't have access to syns online. It's nice to keep a couple of sachets in your handbag so you can have a syn free vanilla latte or hot vanilla milk when you go for a coffee. :)

Back