Roast Potato Ideas Wanted

Qua Sae

I am dying to have some scrummy roast potatoes but for some reason the only 'recipe' on SW is for dry roasted potatoes with sea salt. Ick.

Am I allowed to use fry light to help them cook?

I would love some recipe suggestions :D

yep i spray mine with fry light and either put some seasonall on or some soy sauce mmm

I buy cheap tins of new potatoes. I wash them well and dry on kitchen roll.

I have an Actifry so I put them in there and add half the amount of olive oil it suggests and leave the machine to it. They turn a lovely golden brown. Don't use the full amount of olive oil as you will still have oil in the pan.

Or I peel normal potatoes, cut into chunks, wash and dry well, par boil them for a few minutes and then put them into a Wok and add 15 ml olive oil and keep turning them until brown.

I use the olive oil as a Healthy extra 'B'.

I buy cheap tins of new potatoes. I wash them well and dry on kitchen roll.

I have an Actifry so I put them in there and add half the amount of olive oil it suggests and leave the machine to it. They turn a lovely golden brown. Don't use the full amount of olive oil as you will still have oil in the pan.

Or I peel normal potatoes, cut into chunks, wash and dry well, par boil them for a few minutes and then put them into a Wok and add 15 ml olive oil and keep turning them until brown.

I use the olive oil as a Healthy extra 'B'.
As above - the Tefal Actifry is my friend;)

I'd only use extra virgin olive oil in its full amount if cooking the full load of 2.2lb of potatoes. Lesser loads can take half a spoon.

Best thing about this method is no par-boiling necessary and no turning the potatoes as the actifry does this itself.

Some people add various herbs or sprinkle an oxo cube etc. I find they are delicious as they come - a little sea salt never goes amiss though;)

Just about to do some now for a late lunch (following a late breakfast lol)

Steve

Normally what we have are parboiled chunks of potato which are then put in a pan with some rosemary & garlic & then cooked in fry light until crispy.

I guess I'm just fed up of making & eating them. Before I got married, I'd probably have a Sunday Dinner once or twice a month.. Now we go to the in-laws for one every Sunday & I get tired of it. Always the same with mushy veg. & I have to take my own potatoes. I'm getting a little sick of them :S

Wish I had one of those actifry thingies! They sound really good!

Hi,

I love making spicy roast potatoes with New/Baby Potatoes. I simply par boil then the slice in half, spray some fry light and cover with spices. They go nice with any roasted meat although my favourite is Thai mince. Not everyone likes it spicy though :)

I dont even par boil mine. Just peel them spray the tin with fry lite when the tin is hot chuck em in with some beef oxo or chicken oxo cube sprinkled over them. Enjoy:):)

I cook them on their jackets on the microwave and cut in half/quarters (depending on size of potato) then spray with frylight and roast for 30-45 mins. They come out super crispy - I served them at Christmas and if anyone did notice, they were too polite to say (unlikely!!)

Hand-crushed potatoes

Hiya, I came across a posh recipe for 'Hand Crushed Potatoes' - a Cuban dish and is so like the versions here of SW chips/wedges. I cut potatoes with skins on, into thick wedges and cook in microwave for about 5 mins. Depending on quantity, I do mine in batches.
Transfer onto clean dry teacloth and with skin side up, press down with heel of your hand to crush them slightly.
Arrange on a baking tray and spray with Frylight, sprinkle with sale and cook in the over for about 20-30 mins - Delish :)

I use new potatoes with the skins still on, half them, pop in a baking tin with a couple of sprays of fry light and 1 or 2 cubes of veg oxo. Mmmmmm!!! Also, I roast them with parsnips and carrots xx

I sprinkle some salt, spray with frylight and dissolve some chicken boullion in a little boiling water. pour over potatoes and roast. really tasty!!

Hi, try the nandos piri piri chip sprinkle (morrisons £1.99) i put it on my chips and wedges, try it on your roasties if you want a bit of spice.:D x

Back