Room for another?

Gemsie26

Hello :)
Also over from Atkins and looking for an alternative to all that fat. Been browsing online about Dukan and thought I'll try it - seems challenging at first, but I suppose like any diet, it's all about willpower. Lost 10lbs in a month - firstly through upping the exercise, then 3 weeks on Atkins. Hoping the low-fat approach will boost those figures quickly. I'll order the book from Amazon, but going to start tomorrow. :D

Hey Gemsie. We're gonna get told off for stealing everyone from the atkins board!!!!

Hi Gemsie and welcome on board hun. I am preferring this to Atkins but in some ways I miss Atkins a lot as well. See how you go babe, goood luck :)

Thinking about it, reckon I am going to stick with Atkins - but just limit the ammount of fat that I eat. Essentially I feel good and I am still losing at the moment, so I should stick with it. Lost 8.5lbs in 3 weeks on Atkins, which I don't think is too bad. If I start stalling for ages, or start gaining then will certainly give Dukan a try. Good luck, ladies :)

I think in some ways the two diets can work in parallel... I contacted Jim a month or so ago myself to see how I could make the switch the other way (without the fat... but I was hoping for a little fruit, alas!!). I just wanted a "change" cos I'm in a rut.

I am finding this a little harder as on atkins i could have a kebab if i couldnt be bothered to cook, or some cheese to nibble on. I really wanted pizza yesterday but i was good and didnt have one.

Yeah it's about finding a balance I guess. Every diet has its drawbacks. Personally I like Atkins, I just don't like all the fat. Didn't have a brilliant week this week, which ended up with a carb blowout yesterday in the form of a chinese. Woke up very focused and determined today tho so I am hoping for a good loss next week.

good luck x

On Atkins you can eat a shop bought kebab?

The trick with Dukan is to have some snacks handy... I buy packs of chicken thighs - those tiny pieces - roast up the whole pack, take the skins off, then freeze in 2s... always handy to have... I've also ALWAYS got boiled eggs made... In the freezer small packs of prawns, even slices of roast beef...

It's true though, when starving and nothing to hand, that's when I'd have a crabstick or two... but I don't like reading their ingredients!

oh yes kebab greasy fatty kebab lol
Im going to get some chicken legs tonight for snacks. I do love chicken. I cant read the crab stick ingredients either. I might get some mussels in vinegar too. i love them

I'm a fervent believer of "treating yourself" on any diet to the food you really like... while Dukan might seem an expensive diet, as he encourages FRESH meat and fish rather than always buying pre-packaged, when I compare my bills now to previously (and include sweets, alcohol, bread etc AND restaurants out), I'm quids in!

So if you like mussels, can you get fresh ones and do them yourself. They're EXCELLENT for this diet! If you like kebabs, make your own? I know it's a drag if you don't like cooking perhaps?

Im making kebabs tonight - its just sometimes when ive had a long day i just cant be bothered LOL. (was like that friday night- had had 2 2 and half hour drive and was shattered)
Yes im going to get some fresh, and some ones in jar pickled yum :D

I hear you re busy life etc and that's why when, say, I'm cooking chicken, I cook two... and freeze... at the weekend, I made a beef casserole (ok and OD'ed on the veg), but I made enough for a further 2 x meals for us both... etc etc... cos, while I'm at it, might as well. I never cook 1 piece of salmon, but 3... etc.

Just takes a bit of organising and because I never mind eating the same stuff lunchtimes, it works for me; Dinner I'm a bit more inventive but as I nearly always spent Friday and Sunday evenings in a car, that's a toughie... hence breakfast happens at teatime if in a car!!

Ill try doing that. Have just had manic weeks recently. and this one will be the same. going to roast 2 chickens at the weekend :D

I did 100s this weekend! haaaaa! There was an offer - and ever keen for a bargain, and knowing I'll be in the city this coming weekend and not easy to get to a big hypermarket, I cooked enough for 2 people for 2 weeks... errr four full tins worth of leg pieces! hihi! My freezer is GROANING! But we saved a fortune and as neither of us are keen on breast, finding 5K packs so cheap, just had to buy two (10K chicken legs!)

omg :) wow your freezer must be full! I have got plenty of chicken tikka made for tonight and tomorrow so ill be ok today :)

Living between two houses, two freezers, out of the house 12 hours a day, if not organised, I'd always go for the easy option... (and used to! hence my 22 stone start weight!)

wow you have lost a lot of weight! and look at your weight now! you arent far off target!

I lose weight yes... but can't stay still anywhere... so I'm always on the way down, or the way back up... got quite high this time, so pretty scarey...

I can diet. I can "eat" for 10. I just get confused in the middle bit... ;)

I'm fatter this year than I've been since quitting smoking three years ago, so I'm not happy with me... I got too complacent, I guess...

so no congratulations... my PIGGY pseudo stays... cos it's well earned!

I can diet. I can "eat" for 10. I just get confused in the middle bit... ;)
me too.
I live to eat i love food, it brings me happiness contentment and is a friend to me lol.

Back